Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau storyline: bred for destruction by the C'tan?
Closed Thread
Old 07 Jun 2005, 05:52   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Tau storyline: bred for destruction by the C'tan?

Hey guys, (if your into the 40k storyline)
I just heard from a freind of mine that there has been little hints about the tau being bred for C'tan purposes, or maybey not the c'tan, which my friend suggested, but some other devious race.
The evidence is as folows (correct me if I'm wrong I heard this from multiple poeple and the story has varied)
1. The tau are saved from imperial cleansing by a mysterious warp storm that happend to blast away the most skilled navagators and hold out for a reall reallly long time.
2. The tau do not regester in the warp and have no pyskic abilities, makeing the warp storm event nothing to them.
3. They start evolving into convenient little secs.
4. THey evolved really really fast. REALLY FAST. in there 6000 years of existence the have become what they are in the 41st millenium! (it took like literally a million years for humans to evolve to this point)
5. Right before the tau kill themselves off in huge wars, ethereals just start walking out of mountians, never revealing where they really came from. they also had the power to make other tau obey their cammands. (For easierr control from the devious race?)
6. The O shavah (farsight) incedent. The greatest hero of the tau just disapeared after pearing into the technologies of an artififact world. He has allegedly lived hundreds of years makeing it impossible for him to be alive with his short tau life span... unless he was altered somehow... My fried thinks he was incarnated into a robot form, (in a similair sitution as the necron were. They had short liveds too and they gave up there bodies to live longer, but at a great cost of slavery!)
7. I'm not sure about this one but somewhere in some 40k book it seems to indicate that the tau gained there spacefaring technology from a wrecked ship right on there moon...

wow I've just typed alot.
If anyone can verify the claims, give more incite or quash any rumors, feel free to respond.
Old 07 Jun 2005, 06:16   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Tau storyline: bred for destruction by the C'tan?

Well... I think it sounds kind of interesting. I do kinda have one question though. What would be the point of the C'tan, who I know very little of and are allied with the Necrons (or do they run the Necrons?), making another race of soldiers? I mean, if my understanding is correct, they already have an army of killer robots who hate living things and can't be killed because they vanish from battle and return repaired later. I apologize for the run-on.

Now, I can agree that the warp storm, the fast evolution, and the appearance of the Ethereals is all rather odd. I also think that O'Shovah has managed to stumble across something rather... interesting (in the ancient Chinese sense, if you get my drift).

Personally, I don't know enough about the fluff of the 40K Universe to go making calls. You've got a friend who thinks the Tau are pawns to the C'Tan. I've got a buddy who thinks that they'll eventually grow into the race that replaces the Eldar. The two have a lot of interesting similarities when you get right down to it, so maybe that's the plan.

I do know enough about Tau fluff and the current situation of 40K to think that our champions of the Greater Good are in for one hell of a rude awakening. Farsight found the Dawn Blade on what he calls an Artifact World in a region of space that the Ethereals supposedly forbid the Tau to enter. He only went there originally while chasing Orks. Some have speculated that it's like a C'tan blade. I'm kinda thinking, given the extended lifespan, the Monstrous Creature rule, and a piece of fluff in the 'Dex, that our friend O'Shovah is about to spearhead the Tau's first real experience with Chaos. And it'll probably be an experience rather similar to the Damocles Gulf Crusade.

Factor in on top of that the 'Nid Hive Fleet that's hitting courtesy of their new 'Dex and things are definitely looking ugly for our fledgling empire. I've heard rumors amongst friends that the Eastern segment may be collapsing and going to everyone's favorite cross of Alien's Xenomorphs and Halo's Flood.

Anyways... just some food for thought.

-Sightline
Murphy's Laws of Combat Operations: The enemy invariably attacks on two occasions:
a) when they're ready.
b) when you're not.
Old 07 Jun 2005, 10:51   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

ahh the fluffiness...

very good stuff here, love hearing rumours like this,

but you cant jump to any conclusions concerning farsight remember it could be any number of things,

- He could just be a rebel, remember to a communist state of Tau an rebel individual is as threatening to the cause as Chaos is to the imperium
- Even if it is a chaos object it cant affect him as it would a human because Tau have a much less register presence in the warp
- Even if it is a C'tan weapon hes got theres no reason for alarm, Imperial Callidus assassins have been using them for millenia before farsight got his grubby mits on one.

However remember the Starchild!
Anybody thats read the emperors story kens that he is the reinccarnated spirit of the human races enitre population of Shamans, perhaps the Tau etherals are just Tau shamans that never needed to unite to fight chaos, perhaps if Humans had had the shamans troughout history we would have evolved as fast as Tau?

Ach you gotta love the fluffiness
Old 07 Jun 2005, 11:06   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Not all the C'tan are united, remember. It's widely rumoured that the Tyranids are controlled by a C'tan, so the same could be true of the Tau - possibly the Machine God, who is also rumoured to be a C'tan.

Another possiblity is that they were the last project of the Old Ones before the C'tan disposed of them, and that the Ethereals were created to wait in hiding until the right time to come forward and unite the Tau race. The greatest bonds are made by those who have fought together and then overcome their differences.

Who knows?

~Andromidius
Old 07 Jun 2005, 12:24   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I don't think the tau are being controled by the C'Tan. For one thing, look at their style, It would have to be the Machine God and we all know that that can't be because of the differences. I firmly belive that when mankind is attacked by the full force of the necrons and the machine god is looking down on puny Terra, that the Tau will bail the humans out. Besides, look at what people are saying the necrons control. They control Ferrus Merrus, the Tau, the Nids, all human weapons, Killer of the eldar, plagued by the orks, the Necrons seem to have wormed their way into everything from one C'tan that dosn't even have an offical model yet. This blasted machine God. Truth betold, this whole farsight things weird, but think about it, this commanders not even accepted in tau society, and the thought the Aun are keeping things from the Tau. This is all stuff made by Necron players to support thier thoughts that they are the best. Its no different then when we say how we are converting humans to our side. Humans are not one our side and all the stories show only one or two groups, sometimes not even that. All armies are exerting some control over the others.
Old 07 Jun 2005, 12:40   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

c'tan crave worship, and adoration. there is no such hint in either c'tan, or tau fluff that such adoration exists, or is even desired. anyway, your friends theory contradicts itself: if the c'tan, who have no presence in, or ability to control the warp, how then could they summon a warp storm?? only the old ones had such mastery.

and by the way, there is a lesser known theory about the dawn blade: Vaul, the eldar god of the forge once made 100 swords- the swords of vaul, but one was screwed up - cant remember why- i think jealousy played a role. The dawn blade is therefore posssibly one of the legendary swords of vaul.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 07 Jun 2005, 20:18   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadnight
c'tan crave worship, and adoration. there is no such hint in either c'tan, or tau fluff that such adoration exists, or is even desired. anyway, your friends theory contradicts itself: if the c'tan, who have no presence in, or ability to control the warp, how then could they summon a warp storm?? only the old ones had such mastery.

and by the way, there is a lesser known theory about the dawn blade: Vaul, the eldar god of the forge once made 100 swords- the swords of vaul, but one was screwed up - cant remember why- i think jealousy played a role. The dawn blade is therefore posssibly one of the legendary swords of vaul.
Well if the old ones have the power over the warp and the old ones were enemys of the the C'tan then perhaps it is the other way round!

The Tau were helped along by the old ones to defeat the C'tan or something like that!

Ive probaley got it completly wrong but . . . . . Oh well

HL34
Old 07 Jun 2005, 21:41   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

u know it is very posible many of these events were simply luck. u know some preaty odd stuff has hapened in our history and the smame could hapen. as for tau evolution I think there genetics are simply diferent they evolved on a diferent planet were conditions may have warented genetic adapitibility, so all slower evolving groups bite the big one. I think some of these events may be controled by other factorezs but not all of them. I dont think the tau are ruled by the Ctan as it is not in there intrests to leave the tau as they are. if tau are under Ctan controle then they would probably make them in to necros as FWs would make much beter soldires if they hade beter BS WS T and WBB, like necrons.
Old 07 Jun 2005, 23:21   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

1. ill give u is kind of fishey, but like Dreadnight said, necrons cant control the warp and there are some humans that also dont register( i.e. Celxus temple assains)
2. true, but so are the necrons. and the old ones
3. the dex explains that. they are different because of the different places they lived in. i mean look at the different types of horses man
4. so what, eldar controlled the galaxy after only a millenium of the ctan and old ones fight
5. u got me on that one
6. farsight gained an insite into something that noone else knows and the ethereals are afraid of, but then again, the ethereals also locked up Kias, the greatest leader they ever had
7. dont know about that one, but there are supposed to be 2 eldar craftworlds that reside and are allied with the tau empire

"We are the might of Tau'va and the Aun. Our might knows no bounds and our Technology can overcome any foe. We are the Omega Cadre and we conquer in the name of TAU'VA!!!!" Common pre-engagement encouragement from Shas'Ui of the Omega Cadre before battle commences.
Old 08 Jun 2005, 00:03   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

It is my theory that the C'tan rule pretty much everything but the Tau. The Tau, methinks, were created to end the C'tan.
Closed Thread