Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Two Questions
Old 28 Apr 2009, 02:19   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Two Questions

#1 - Can kroot start in a Devilfish
#2 - do smart missiles and seeker missiles always hit the strongest armour side (ie the front) on opposing tanks/vehicles? My buddy says that a smart missile can't decide to fly around backside to blow up his rear.

Any help is appreciated

The Harbinger
Old 28 Apr 2009, 02:25   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to pepin0329
Default Re: Two Questions

Kroot cannot start in Devilfish, as they are dedicated transport. Also seeker and smart missiles hit the armor they are facing
A Tau's best friend (with the exception of the codex).
pepin0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2009, 02:26   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Jedibean

1) No. Kroot cannot start in a devilfish. Only the unit that chose the dedicated transport can start in it. Kroot cannot choose a dedicated transport so they cannot start in it. They can start near it and then get inside it on turn 1.

2) Smart missiles as well as seeker missiles travel in a straight line from the firer to the target. They will hit the armor facing of the side that they are shooting directly towards. If they are in the front armor facing they will hit the front. If you are to the side of the vehicle you will hit the side. If you are in the rear you will hit the rear. Just draw a straight line from the vehicle the seeker missile or smart missile is coming from and then see which armor facing that straight line puts you in.
Jedibean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2009, 07:42   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger

#2 - do smart missiles and seeker missiles always hit the strongest armour side (ie the front) on opposing tanks/vehicles? My buddy says that a smart missile can't decide to fly around backside to blow up his rear.
With seekers and smart missles you draw a straight line from your devilfish/skyray/HH to the closest part of the opponents tank. That is the armor they hit.

Please feel free to correct me. I may have this partially wrong or correct. It is something like that.

But I know you can't decide they hit the rear armor. They hit whatever armor you would normally hit if you were simply shooting at the tank if there was no cover in the way.
mattv2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2009, 08:27   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

They travel in a straight line from the missile's origin to the target. They do NOT hit where the markerlight firer hits them.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2009, 15:05   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

When your oponent backs his tanks up to a big piece of terrain, to prevent shots at their rear armor, you can have a lot of fun with the SMS/Seekers

Just get on the other side of that terrain and listen to em grumble about Tau cheese lol
ShasO Corvid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2009, 15:56   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Your name is like mine. :P

Quote:
#1 - Can kroot start in a Devilfish
nO they can not. but you could always embark them into one in the first turn although the squad limit could be annoying as small units of kroot aren't great.

Quote:
you work out which armour facing it is normally, although in fluff SMS should be able to do that (however it just wouldn't happen in games).

@Harbinger: Just on a side note was your name in anyway necron inspired?
Old 29 Apr 2009, 21:30   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

As a matter of fact no. I played a table top game called Atmosfear when I was like 12 and there were characters called Harbingers that were akin to undead skeletal demons that rode around on Harlys. I thought they were cool and so I pilfered the name. Plus Harbingers are signs of things to come, or omens of the oracles... all equally epic. How about you? I take it there is a harbinger type unit in Necron fluff or something?
Old 29 Apr 2009, 21:55   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Atmosfear! I remember that! It came with a VHS tape!
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2009, 22:04   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Hell yeah it did. Atmosfear was what got me into the "gamer" world in the first place