Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Are kroot even worth it if I am mostly playing against space marines or CSM?
Old 06 Jun 2005, 20:52   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via AIM to Tau toddler Send a message via Yahoo to Tau toddler
Default Are kroot even worth it if I am mostly playing against space marines or CSM?

No save kinda hurts them. Putting a shaper in for the +6 save isn't so hot either in my opinion. Are they worth the points to have an infiltrating meat shield? Maybe I should just keep them back near a couple groups of warriors in case anyone gets close. Am I even playing Tau right if someone gets close where I need to rely on Kroot to save them? Any die hard kroot lovers want to help me out here? ???

I don't know if this should be in army lists or not, I think it should because I am debating whether or not to keep kroot in my list which is posted already.
Old 06 Jun 2005, 21:13   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Are kroot even worth it if I am mostly playing against space marines or CSM?

i use them they work great i keep them in cover i dont assault unless i have to like if a sqaud of pathfinders are in CC i counter charge with kroot

Death Guard win 13 tie 0 lost 2

dark eldar wins 5 tie 0 lost 1
frankthetank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jun 2005, 21:56   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Are kroot even worth it if I am mostly playing against space marines or CSM?

If there are trees on the table, Kroot are better shooters than Firewarriors. If there aren't trees (or other 4+ cover), they lose a lot of their shiny-ness.
"i like to think of playing against my list as being like punching jelly. you put all your effort in but it just moves out of the way and you cause no damage. then your arm is covered in jelly. and the chicks come out and start wrestling in the jelly, and i drink a beer with stone cold steve austin, and we watch the chicks jelly wrestling, and then the slap-bass funk starts wakka chakka wakka wakka woh" -- Spooky, describing Mech Tau

"You can of course make a list that attempts to work via fragility and easy VP donation and Pathfinders fit into that just fine." -- kai
T0nkaTruckDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jun 2005, 01:36   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Please do not double post. Also this topic should belong in the Tau Section and has been done many times, please look at these threads:

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=7591.0
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=7779.0
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=2718.0
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=963.0
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=1706.0
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=1011.0

...the list is endless! Enjoy! ;D
Shasel_Aunat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jun 2005, 11:43   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

For god sake stop insulting the kroot.

for 180 points you get 60 S 4 Ws 4 and a 6+ save. Thats just as good as orks but with Ld 8. They don't suck they just don't work like tau.
GospelofRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jun 2005, 12:38   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Tau Commander Send a message via MSN to Tau Commander

Kroot are one of the most important pieces in my army. Kroot provide a great meat shield for your fire warriors. Also they can infilitrate and do great in forested maps. Kroot are perfect to play with a full sqaud of warriors. Hounds and ox take up Fast Attack and Heavy Support slots so i don't use them. Kroot are also good to keep sqauds busy, especially for SM tactical sqauds. If you get them into melee, you give your FW's more time to focus on other sqauds and buy time for them to get in range.

In conclusion, Kroot rock and put them in your army, no matter what race your playing.

want a sig or avatar like mine? http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=29403.0 request there and i'll do w/e you want
i used to be Tau_va back in the day o_0
Tau Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jun 2005, 19:25   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to freaky_beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GospelofRob
For god sake stop insulting the kroot.

for 180 points you get 60 S 4 Ws 4 and a 6+ save.* Thats just as good as orks but with Ld 8.* They don't suck they just don't work like tau.
Actually for 140!

I love em. Cheap, effecint, and the ONLY decent CC tau has to offer!
freaky_beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jun 2005, 19:30   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Ui Veta

no its 180 due to the fact he said 6+ save. The ones with no save cost 7 a piece.

High leadership troops are practically unaffected by meatshields .
The Emperor is our guiding light, a beacon of hope for humanity in a galaxy of darkness. As we serve him, he is our greatest servant. As we pray to him, his thoughts are only for us. And in the dark when the shadows threaten, the Emperor is with us, in spirit and in fact.

Adore the Immortal Emperor; Admire the Immortal Emperor; Exalt the Immortal Emperor; Revere the Immortal Emperor; Venerate the Immortal Emperor; Honour the Immortal Emperor; Glorify the Immortal Emperor; Praise the Immortal Emperor; Hail the Immortal Emperor; Worship the Immortal Emperor
For without Him we are Nothing.
Ui Veta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jun 2005, 19:32   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to freaky_beef

Whoops, I was thinkin about the 20 kroot alone!

Thats all I ever take. The shaper is never worth it to me!
freaky_beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jun 2005, 19:46   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Ui Veta

Yeah, the shaper both costs too much in points and in cash!

*throws him off a cliff*
The Emperor is our guiding light, a beacon of hope for humanity in a galaxy of darkness. As we serve him, he is our greatest servant. As we pray to him, his thoughts are only for us. And in the dark when the shadows threaten, the Emperor is with us, in spirit and in fact.

Adore the Immortal Emperor; Admire the Immortal Emperor; Exalt the Immortal Emperor; Revere the Immortal Emperor; Venerate the Immortal Emperor; Honour the Immortal Emperor; Glorify the Immortal Emperor; Praise the Immortal Emperor; Hail the Immortal Emperor; Worship the Immortal Emperor
For without Him we are Nothing.
Ui Veta is offline   Reply With Quote