Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

crisis suits in combat
Old 24 Apr 2009, 16:41   #21 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: crisis suits in combat

I dont recall. I dont have my codex at the moment but you might be right. One could still take it even so, and another a stim injector for more survival ability. Still, the whole unit could take shield generators and or shield drones but the point cost would be horrendous
Old 25 Apr 2009, 09:44   #22 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Col.Angus
yes that why I say relativly speaking. compared to the rest of the army a farsight unit is great at CC, but compared to other dedicated assault units in other armies not so much...

7 XV8 suits with irridium armor and sheild generators with twin linked flamers still charge for 2 attacks (14 att) at Str5 WS3 and would have a 2+/4+invul save plus Farsights in there too. Thats not too shabby but REALLY expensive. Its totally putting all your eggs in one basket and making your army do something its not geared to do.
Is Iridium Armour not a special issue item, only available once in the army?
It is.
Old 30 Apr 2009, 12:31   #23 (permalink)
Shas'La

My 4th edition Ninja'o was one of my favorite units, especially against squads with no power weapons and big guns. I've tied up many a devastator squad with him. Now, of course, GW doesn't want us having viable assault tactics, so they nerfed the Hit and Run rule to the point where a Ninja'o is about 33% as effective as before.

Crisis suits are more effective shooting than assaulting, so if you think you'll be locked in assault for more than one turn, I'd advise against it. It'd be better to shoot. On the other hand, if you're out in the open, and a squad of three marines is within assault range, why not? If you're locked in assault through you're opponents turn, he can't shoot at you. You have to evaluate the situation before doing anything.
daniel.wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Apr 2009, 21:46   #24 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to LordZanuu

My Crisis suits are veterans in CC, they've taken down a lot in their time, including a Space Marine Chaplain, a Librarian, a 5-man squad of Possessed and a few APC's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapter Master Seth
you can never go wrong with a little promethium.
Your resident MathHammerererer-er.
LordZanuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2009, 03:50   #25 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via AIM to megagnat1

Leave the CC up to the kroot. My brother plays orks and I have killed off several advancing ork squads by outflanking.

Use your kroot wise. Outflank. You WILL destroy/put enough wounds on a unit to start to see your oppenent travel the middle of the field in the next game.
Old 01 May 2009, 06:51   #26 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Wild

After having my beast of a Commander CC an entire game killing 2 squads of Grey Knights + Killing an Autarch + Melee and win against Hormas who charged, to hell with the Kroot.
Old 01 May 2009, 18:23   #27 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to LordZanuu

What sort of rolling was that to kill an Autarch? Almost whatever upgrade you give an Autarch can kill a Crisis Suit: Meltagun, Reaper Launcher, Power Weapon, etc.

I agree with using Kroot by Outflanking, mine have ripped apart many a squad of Guardsmen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapter Master Seth
you can never go wrong with a little promethium.
Your resident MathHammerererer-er.
LordZanuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2009, 21:14   #28 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Wild

He fired a Meltagun, saved an Invuln, and he struck with the lance, I failed 2 Invulns there but after several rounds of CC, was able to wound and catch the son of a bitch somehow.
Old 01 May 2009, 22:04   #29 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by partybus
has anyone noticed that people bang on about tau being sh@#! in CC.

but crisis suits can actualy hold up in CC for a few turns

like the other day my crisis commander got charged by 10 assault marines and 2 turns later he ha killed 9 and caused the last one to flee off the table and only took 2 wounds
jammy dice rolls and nothing more. 10 assault marines generate 30 attacks on the charge. now where was the sergeant with the power fist? that guy alone will stomp your commander. the rest of the assault marines are ablative wounds.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Deadnight is offline   Reply With Quote