Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

best crisis configurations for different objectives
Old 23 Apr 2009, 01:30   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default best crisis configurations for different objectives

hi

i was thinking what is everyones favourite crisis configuration
and what weapons and tactics they used for different tasks.

i.e. i use targeting arrays and missile pods with plasma rifles in a squad of 3 crisis' then i deepstrike them about 20" behind an enemy transport. then they give hell to the rear of the transport, and most of the time wreck or blow it up. then when the survivors get out i start picking them off with plasma rifles.

another one for me is to give my commander an airbursting projector and a flamer, with his 2 bodyguards with flamers and targeting arrays then send them after eldar pathfinders with their 2+ cover save in buildings but because the flamers ignore cover and are AP5 the pathfinders are usually lucky to survive 1 turn.

also I only ever give crisis suits burst cannons if i dont take a stealth team as the stealth suits get them for free and crisis' pay points and are far better off with some different guns to perform a different task.

well thats all i got I'd appreciate anyones tactics or configurations

thanks for reading ;D

I know our armies have had their little differences in the past, but lets put this all behind us... JOIN US OR I'LL SHOVE A RAILGUN DOWN YOUR THROAT!!!- water caste negotiator in action.
partybus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2009, 01:52   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: best crisis configurations for different objectives

Quote:
Originally Posted by partybus
another one for me is to give my commander an airbursting projector and a flamer, with his 2 bodyguards with flamers and targeting arrays then send them after eldar pathfinders with their 2+ cover save in buildings but because the flamers ignore cover and are AP5 the pathfinders are usually lucky to survive 1 turn.
Isn't it abit risky sending commanders that close to the enemy? Wouldn't it be better to field that with a standard squad? I use the same config as you with a shas'vre as team leader and 2 flamer team mates. Why are you adding the Targetting array? Only your frag launcher needs it and I don't think 10 points is worth it just to get +1BS for scatter.

Anyway, I love twin linked flamers! Better than Heavy flamer imo simply cause of the re-roll to wound
Old 23 Apr 2009, 02:18   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

thanks for that

i never noticed that a crisis with a flamer doesnt need a targetting array

i guess i just keep using them is because im usualy versing space marines with their high toughness and save and the extra bs helps me kill that extra marine ;D

I know our armies have had their little differences in the past, but lets put this all behind us... JOIN US OR I'LL SHOVE A RAILGUN DOWN YOUR THROAT!!!- water caste negotiator in action.
Old 23 Apr 2009, 02:27   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to razgriz_cipher

fusion blaster and plasma rifle with multi-tracker are good against highly tough targets like terminators but are weak against fast assaulters as they can only jump back withing 18 inches after firing their weapons which is in their charge range. I think even having a burst cannon to fire in addition on the flamer suits would give them some shots earlier and is still cheap.
Old 23 Apr 2009, 02:44   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

ok i dont like the idea of giving crisis' burst cannons if theres already stealth suits in the army it makes me feel like im wasting points, what you could do is give the crisis suits some support by deepstriking a stealth team, nearby to provide fire support.

but if theres no stealth suits im all for giving crisis' burst cannons ;D

Old 23 Apr 2009, 07:19   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
i.e. i use targeting arrays and missile pods with plasma rifles in a squad of 3 crisis' then i deepstrike them about 20" behind an enemy transport. then they give hell to the rear of the transport, and most of the time wreck or blow it up. then when the survivors get out i start picking them off with plasma rifles.
You do not pop the transport with Missile Pods and mow down the survivors with Plasma Rifles from the same Suits in one turn, do you? :-\

Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2009, 07:32   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdog
Quote:
You do not pop the transport with Missile Pods and mow down the survivors with Plasma Rifles from the same Suits in one turn, do you? :-\
Well I guess if the missiles pods and plasma rifles are on different suits and they were equipped with target locks...
Old 23 Apr 2009, 07:42   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I have always understood it that the whole squad fires at the same time. They may fire at different targets, but the targets should be declared before the firing is done.

Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2009, 07:42   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Even if the missiles and plasma are on different suits with target locks you can't target the transport and then the occupants with the same unit. When a unit fires all shots are simultaneous, so you'd blow up the rhino, then the troops jump out. All shots have been taken so you don't have any guns left to shoot the troops.

Now, if the two suits are not in the same unit, go ahead and blow up the rhino with one, and then gun down the passengers with the other. A smart opponent will just disembark them with the transport between them and any weapons that could hurt them though.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote