Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Rouge Earth Caste Fluffy?
Old 22 Apr 2009, 21:38   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Tausand sun Send a message via Yahoo to Tausand sun
Default Rouge Earth Caste Fluffy?

with my new IG army I'm going to need either A) a human engineer, which there are no more in the 41 mellinium that aren't just making copies of older machines. or B) a rouge earth caste engineer,which is my first choice, I was thinking about making him have some sort of genetic disformaty that makes him immune to the "greater good" or as I call it "ethereal brain control syrum" but how fluffy are either of these? If neither is acceptable then how do I get an engineer who knows nuclear science?
"The Imperium has abandoned us brothers! And these blue-skinned "saviors" seek only to enslave us. Follow me and march to freedom so we might transform the galaxy into a peaceful place for all sentient species!" -- Commander Alexander of the 88th Aldarian Phoenix Regiment
Tausand sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2009, 21:43   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard
Default Re: Rouge Earth Caste Fluffy?

Rogue Tau, regardless of the Caste, is not really fluffy. And what make you thnik that IG enginseer and Tau Earth Caste has no knowledge of Nuclear Science?

The simplest case would be an isolated planet that got lost after early colonisation or a lost ship that popds out of the Warp. They could have maintained low tech knowledge/science.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2009, 22:06   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=82501.0 well that's my basic story, but correct me if i'm wrong but I thought that new inventions and engineering in the imperium were illegal? For that matter what is the education system like on worlds like those that trade with the tau. (easter most fringe if I remember my tau codex correctly)
"The Imperium has abandoned us brothers! And these blue-skinned "saviors" seek only to enslave us. Follow me and march to freedom so we might transform the galaxy into a peaceful place for all sentient species!" -- Commander Alexander of the 88th Aldarian Phoenix Regiment
Old 22 Apr 2009, 22:09   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I know it's not part of the topic, but it relates to rogue tau...

I was working on my cadre's history, and was wondering if a cadre free from Ethereal control was at all fluffy?
Foxxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2009, 22:12   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tausand sun
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=82501.0 well that's my basic story, but correct me if i'm wrong but I thought that new inventions and engineering in the imperium were illegal? For that matter what is the education system like on worlds like those that trade with the tau. (easter most fringe if I remember my tau codex correctly)
New invention is indeed illegal, but if you had a "lost" world or ship then it's simply old technology rediscovered.

It depends on the eastern Fringe you have:
- Dead world (Thank you tyranids)
- The fromer home of the Scythe of the Emperor
- Ultramar and the Ultramarine system
- a Few Impeium world that turned rogue and were brought back to the fold -like Moracre;

So the education system would depnd on the world, and when the last contact with the Imperium was. But unless the System had very little contact with the Imperium, I would say it would be more or less on par with Core World.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxy
I was working on my cadre's history, and was wondering if a cadre free from Ethereal control was at all fluffy?
It,s possible, but the impact would be minimal IMO with all the centuries of conditioning. They wouls simply return back to Tau Space and return in the group...or try to maintain the same structure, if they were stranded.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Old 22 Apr 2009, 22:16   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Hmmm well it could be fluffy - Farsight would be the big example of a rogue Tau...so it's not against the realms of possibility.

Question is really in fluff terms.....would the famously xenophobic Imperium employ 1. An Alien, and 2. A mutant alien!

I probablly dont read/pay as much attention to the fluff as alot of my good colleages here on Tau Online but I distinctly remember reading quite a lot that expresses the average Imperial approach to Xenos and Mutants involves a Gallon of Petrol and a very pointy stick.

Some sort of insane Adeptus Mechanicus Tech Priest is probablly your best bet - one who has been cast out from the order for the heinious crime of actually inventing things :P
Old 22 Apr 2009, 22:21   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
It,s possible, but the impact would be minimal IMO with all the centuries of conditioning. They wouls simply return back to Tau Space and return in the group...or try to maintain the same structure, if they were stranded.
[/quote]

What about the Farsight Enclaves and all that? Aren't they pretty much free from ethereal control and working on their own fighting the Orks?
Foxxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2009, 22:28   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
What about the Farsight Enclaves and all that? Aren't they pretty much free from ethereal control and working on their own fighting the Orks?
Yes, but the big thing about Farsight, was that he's the only know Tau to break away of the fold...and no one is sure whether he truly went rogue or if he's acting as a diversion or as the Agent of the Aun.

To many rogue faction would cheapen this part of the Fluff in my opinion.

@Tausand

After reading your fluff, I wouls see it as a really isolated AgriWorld who got contacted by the Tau after they notice the Imperium had not made contact for decades/centuries. I would keep the Desaster tt explain the lower tech.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Old 22 Apr 2009, 23:42   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

i don't know why this always comes up.

Tau have never betrayed the Empire- we don't know about the Enclaves.

I know it's hard- but that's the answer.
Old 22 Apr 2009, 23:54   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

that's fine to me, I just need an engineer. Looking back when I started this, I was worrying that the idea of a world on the outskirts of the empire turning rouge for the tau, would be unfluffy but after reading the tau book, it's pretty much on par, the only part left is that I need an engineer who can remember the design of the manticore rockets and improve upon them, and know enough about nuclear physics to build an atom bomb (basic gun type uranium device, nothing complicated)

Quote:
After reading your fluff, I wouls see it as a really isolated AgriWorld who got contacted by the Tau after they notice the Imperium had not made contact for decades/centuries. I would keep the Desaster tt explain the lower tech.
also, bonguard can you elaborate on this. and what does tt mean?

but back to the question about education, what is it like in the imperium overall, is it like the modern where you get to go to school, or is it more, like medieval where only a select few go to school. I'm not well versed in imperium fluff. But basically I just need someone who was a physics major in college, or the equivalent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFishing

Question is really in fluff terms.....would the famously xenophobic Imperium employ 1. An Alien, and 2. A mutant alien!

I probablly dont read/pay as much attention to the fluff as alot of my good colleages here on Tau Online but I distinctly remember reading quite a lot that expresses the average Imperial approach to Xenos and Mutants involves a Gallon of Petrol and a very pointy stick.

Some sort of insane Adeptus Mechanicus Tech Priest is probablly your best bet - one who has been cast out from the order for the heinious crime of actually inventing things :P
That sounds wonderful. as for the xenophobic imperium, remember this is a world pushed to the bring of armageddon, and suppressed to abhorrid degrees, then set free. After that first taste of isolation Freedom, I would think that they would start to question the Imperiums morality, which is what happens for some, not so much for the rest, which will end up a big part of the story, as a giant war breaks out. (well giant for a small planet, a pinprick in the year 40,000)

last thing, I swear, I don't know where to actually place the planet, in the codex it says the eastern finges of the empire, I'm guessing it's just bordering the tau-Imperium space, anyone have a clue where the planet should go?

Edit: i just found something on artisans, are they engineers or are they like the rest of the imperium and only capable of copying old designs without knowing how they work?