Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

best crisis configs for ?
Old 06 Jun 2005, 06:22   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default best crisis configs for ?

What are the best configs with crisis Battle suits the elites not HQ ?

1 for SM ?( assault troop armys ) ( shooter armys ) (tank army )

2 for Nids? ( assault troop armys ) ( shooter armys ) (tank army )

3 for necrons ? ( assault troop armys ) ( shooter armys ) (tank army )

4 for tau ? ( assault troop armys ) ( shooter armys ) (tank army )

5 for eldar ? ( assault troop armys ) ( shooter armys ) (tank army )

6 for chaos ? ( assault troop armys ) ( shooter armys ) (tank army )

opinions give rereason's

Death Guard win 13 tie 0 lost 2

dark eldar wins 5 tie 0 lost 1
frankthetank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jun 2005, 06:27   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: best crisis configs for ?

It depends on what role they will fill in your army.* Anti-infantry, anti-tank, jack-of-all-trades, etc. You'd equip differently for attacking space marine infantry then you would for attacking space marine vehicles, and that is true of every race. The question needs to be more specific before it can be answered properly.
Man, that's the joy of Anime! To revel in the complete and utter wastefullness of making an unstoppable nuclear-powered combat andriod in the shape of a cute little girl, who has the ability to fall in love and wears an enormous bow in her hair.

Don't tell me that you fell for the MTV lie?
The MTV lie is that people who rebel against tradition are thnking for themselves, while those who follow tradition are just sheep who do not think.
It is, of course, completely untrue. The decision to follow tradition is just as much an exercize of free will as is the decision to depart from it.
Doctor Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jun 2005, 06:35   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

ok i fixed it ;D

Old 06 Jun 2005, 06:53   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Just to give you my general opinion, crisis suits should only be used for busting mid range armor. Every other role they can acomplish can be done better by other troops, and most likely for cheaper.

So I guess my answer is Twin linked missile pods + [your poison]. I generally go with a targetlock.

Join the arena, and succumb to the eternal lust!
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=9054.0
ShadowDeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jun 2005, 15:06   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDeth
Just to give you my general opinion, crisis suits should only be used for busting mid range armor. Every other role they can acomplish can be done better by other troops, and most likely for cheaper.

So I guess my answer is Twin linked missile pods + [your poison]. I generally go with a targetlock.
Use 240 point for two firewarrior squads that will kill (on average) two marines per turn.
Use 180 points for a stealth squad that will kill (on average) two marines per turn.
Use 189 points for a Crisis Suit squad with plasma rifles and fusion guns that will kill (on average) 5 marines per turn.

Now, I'm no accountant, but using firewarriors or stealth suits seems like a really crappy investment to me.
Man, that's the joy of Anime! To revel in the complete and utter wastefullness of making an unstoppable nuclear-powered combat andriod in the shape of a cute little girl, who has the ability to fall in love and wears an enormous bow in her hair.

The MTV lie is that people who rebel against tradition are thnking for themselves, while those who follow tradition are just sheep who do not think.
It is, of course, completely untrue. The decision to follow tradition is just as much an exercize of free will as is the decision to depart from it.
Old 06 Jun 2005, 15:14   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Dr. Thunder, check your math again

Also, assuming Crisis can operate within 12" is generally not a good idea. They will usually get pasted the following turn. The only way this is really possible is with a Commander on account of his IC status.
"i like to think of playing against my list as being like punching jelly. you put all your effort in but it just moves out of the way and you cause no damage. then your arm is covered in jelly. and the chicks come out and start wrestling in the jelly, and i drink a beer with stone cold steve austin, and we watch the chicks jelly wrestling, and then the slap-bass funk starts wakka chakka wakka wakka woh" -- Spooky, describing Mech Tau

"You can of course make a list that attempts to work via fragility and easy VP donation and Pathfinders fit into that just fine." -- kai
T0nkaTruckDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jun 2005, 15:19   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

1 for SM ?( assault troop armys )* ( shooter armys ) (tank army )

For assaulty Space Marines that come at you fast, you can't beat helios (Plasma/Fusion/Multi). *It requires more skill to use then Fireknife, but will kill gobs of space marines.

For shooty Space Marines that sit back and shoot at you, you want the longest range config you can get your hands on. *I would suggest either Burst Cannon/Missile/Multi, or fireknife, although I favor the burst cannon, because you will get the full shots of the curst cannon without having to get within 12 inches. *It gives you a lot more shots at longer ranges.

For Marines with lots of tanks, I think the unusual combination of twin-linked missile pod and Fusion Blaster is the best. *You cannot fire both weapons at the same time, but between the two you have both the lighter and heavier tanks covered.

Old 06 Jun 2005, 15:28   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

good info ;D

Old 06 Jun 2005, 15:30   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0nkaTruckDriver
assuming Crisis can operate within 12" is generally not a good idea. They will usually get pasted the following turn. The only way this is really possible is with a Commander on account of his IC status.
Well, 18 inches with the hop, but I do it every single game, and it's really easy to do. *You just have to plan it out so that you will wipe out the target squad, that way nothing is left to assault you. *If that is not possible, then creating a wall with your skimmer tanks can allow you to get very very close without it actually being possible for them to assault you on their turn.

I don't really see where all of this fear of getting close comes from. *Other tau playrers throw out statements like that all of the time as if it's doctrine, but, to me, it's like saying the sky is green and has always been green. *I just don't see it and it just doesn't coincide with my own experience.

Do marine players around you guys use a lot more jump packs then my opponants do? *Do you guys play with less terrain then you are supposed to?

Perhaps it's because I've played Tyranids for so long, it has left me with an aggressive fighting style that means it only works for me, but I am constantly astounded by my fellow Tau player's aversion to getting close. *That is where Tau firepower is the best!

I should write up a tactica for using short-ranged tau firepower effectively or something.

Old 06 Jun 2005, 15:33   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

yeah that would be cool show them your stuff ;D