Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

HH Burst cannons AoS?
Old 20 Apr 2009, 12:04   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Tausand sun Send a message via Yahoo to Tausand sun
Default HH Burst cannons AoS?

okay so what exactly IS the arc of sight on the hammerheads burst cannons?
"The Imperium has abandoned us brothers! And these blue-skinned "saviors" seek only to enslave us. Follow me and march to freedom so we might transform the galaxy into a peaceful place for all sentient species!" -- Commander Alexander of the 88th Aldarian Phoenix Regiment
Tausand sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2009, 12:28   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: HH Burst cannons AoS?

360 degrees for both which is nice

(\_/) this is a bunny
(x.x) bunny is dead
'(__)' he tastes funny hehehe
wartang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2009, 14:13   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

see above post.
curious as to why the question though, getting the feeling someone was saying that they have a limited pivot O.o...
HighHubris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2009, 14:33   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I believe Burst Cannons on Hammerhead are hull-mounted, therefore they have a forward 45 degrees fire arc each.

Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2009, 14:37   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdog
I believe Burst Cannons on Hammerhead are hull-mounted, therefore they have a forward 45 degrees fire arc each.
That's a negative, Watchdog. Hull-mounted means "not pivotable". Notable examples include the Earthshaker of the Basilisk or the Vondicators Demolisher Cannon.

If the BCs are one thing not, that's hull-mounted. THe sole question should be whether they are sponsions or turret-mounted. I usually count them as sponsion-mounted to avoid discussions, but with a AoS of about 270 (i.e. the whole front and the whole side).

Cheers,
-Bone
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2009, 14:44   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I just checked the codex. It says the secondary weapon system is hull-mounted. And the secondary weapon system is specified below that as either two Burst Cannons or the SMS or Gun Drones.

Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2009, 14:48   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Another point where GW fails... alright, conceded... Looks like the SMS is getting more and more attractive...

Cheers,
-Bone
Old 20 Apr 2009, 15:24   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Merqu

Yea but I believe the Main Rules state that the weapons fire arc is dependant on how far the weapon on the model itself can turn if they were not glued in place. The example that is given was a Pred and Leman Russ. The Pred's Sponson Weapons can turn to face the rear of the Vehicle, whilst Leman Russes only have something like 90 degrees of turning... In which case the Burst Cannons have a full 360 Degrees of fire. If the Weapons are glued in place then you have to use your common sense to decide how far it can turn.

I don't have the rules currently on me so this is from memory. I Believe it's in the Vehicle Fire Arc section, surprisingly.
Merqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2009, 15:27   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merqu
Yea but I believe the Main Rules state that the weapons fire arc is dependant on how far the weapon on the model itself can turn if they were not glued in place. The example that is given was a Pred and Leman Russ. The Pred's Sponson Weapons can turn to face the rear of the Vehicle, whilst Leman Russes only have something like 90 degrees of turning... In which case the Burst Cannons have a full 360 Degrees of fire. If the Weapons are glued in place then you have to use your common sense to decide how far it can turn.

I don't have the rules currently on me so this is from memory. I Believe it's in the Vehicle Fire Arc section, surprisingly.
I'm afraid Watchdog is right... With Sponsions and Turrets, the "real" arc of fire counts. With hull-mounted weaponry - it doesn't.
Old 20 Apr 2009, 15:53   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrBonesaw
I'm afraid Watchdog is right... With Sponsions and Turrets, the "real" arc of fire counts. With hull-mounted weaponry - it doesn't.
Doesn't it specifically instruct you NOT to glue them in place for the proper arc in the assembly instructions though?
I can honestly say that if ML's were changed to Assault 1 that there would be an entire sub-set of Tau players ruining the front of their pants while an entire group of opponents would be ruining the back of their pants.
Mister Kay is offline   Reply With Quote