Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Gue'vesa Auxiliaries?
Old 18 Apr 2009, 22:10   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Gue'vesa Auxiliaries?

So I'm a new Tau player (commander? :P) and I have a few imperial guard squads and a leman russ that I'm going to modify and adopt into my new Tau army as 'Gue'vesa Auxiliaries.' I can't find any information on them outside of "wh40k.lexicanum.com" and there was no info in my codex on them, and I am wondering what sort of game rules they use? Also I'm modifying my leman russ to sport a Tau Ion Cannon, off a hammerhead, would that still be game legal?
Old 18 Apr 2009, 22:13   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard
Default Re: Gue'vesa Auxiliaries?

GW used to have a Gue'vesa rule on Chapter approuved (and in Imperial Armour 3), however it was only for troops (basic guardman -same rules) ands not for vehicule...and now Chapter approuved is out of the picture.

So, unless you are playing in a friendly game and your friends are ok with this, it is not legal.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2009, 01:02   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to Benji Dude

IA3 rules are still usable (with permission from your opponent). But as Boneguard has said there aren't any rules for vehicles. The rules for the Gue'vessa are basically IG with the added rule of always being wounded on a 3 by imperial units in combat and the team leader can have a pulse rifle for some amount of points I can't recall right now. You can only have standard guardsmen, no heavy weapons everyone has to have a lasgun.

hope that clears things up a bit for you.
Benji Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2009, 01:10   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Well, as the rules from Chapter Approved are now obsolete, your best bet is to simply count the gue'vesa as existing tau units, such as fire warriors or kroot, and count the leman russ as a hammerhead. If the models look the part of tau auxiliaries (the ion cannon on the russ is a good start) then your opponents shouldn't have a problem, as long as you explain to them what the models represent.
shaso_montyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2009, 15:12   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji Dude
IA3 rules are still usable (with permission from your opponent). But as Boneguard has said there aren't any rules for vehicles. The rules for the Gue'vessa are basically IG with the added rule of always being wounded on a 3 by imperial units in combat and the team leader can have a pulse rifle for some amount of points I can't recall right now. You can only have standard guardsmen, no heavy weapons everyone has to have a lasgun.

imperials got prefered enemy against the auxiliaries, which now means that re roll their misses against them. I never used gue,vesa, but i see why you would, holding objectives, suicide missions against tanks etc

C:\Users\Samuel\Pictures\SINDRI.jpg
fattyboy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2009, 18:51   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to TipTop1987 Send a message via Yahoo to TipTop1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattyboy5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji Dude

imperials got prefered enemy against the auxiliaries, which now means that re roll their misses against them. I never used gue,vesa, but i see why you would, holding objectives, suicide missions against tanks etc
I hate to say it, but you're both wrong. In IA3, the Gue'vesa have the Death to Traitors! Special Rule, which makes it so all Imperial forces hit them on a 3+ in CC. They use to give the Preferred Enemy USR when they were introduced in Chapter Approved, but those don't exists any more... :P There's also another force you can use from the IA3 book called Mining Work Gang. You can even use an Ogryin in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Qualls when she saw the back packs for the Space Marine models for the first time
"There are little skulls on the back of them. That is so cute!"
(\_/) This is bunny.
(0.o) please copy and paste this into your sig and
'(__)' help him achieve world domination.
TipTop1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2009, 19:06   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

ah ok, ive never read IA3, and went on the chapter approvedm which they had prefered enemy. Thanks for clarifying

C:\Users\Samuel\Pictures\SINDRI.jpg
fattyboy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2009, 23:05   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

I really wish people would stop citing IA3, it is two editions old and isn't balanced for 5th ed. in any way shape or form. I will admit that if you were to use Forgeworld specific stuff/models then IA3 makes sense, but the chapter aproved Gue'Vesa were supposed to bring them up to date for 4th ed. That said, the count-as suggestion would be the best path to take on these IMO.

Thirty Seconds to Mars - Kings and Queens; Theme song of the Gue'vesa.
Fate13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2009, 23:10   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Unusualsuspect Send a message via MSN to Unusualsuspect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate13
I really wish people would stop citing IA3, it is two editions old and isn't balanced for 5th ed. in any way shape or form. I will admit that if you were to use Forgeworld specific stuff/models then IA3 makes sense, but the chapter aproved Gue'Vesa were supposed to bring them up to date for 4th ed. That said, the count-as suggestion would be the best path to take on these IMO.
Given its one of the few other sources for "official" Tau models outside of Apocalypse, are you really surprised IA3 is cited so often?
Old 20 Apr 2009, 00:33   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

It just seems abit ridculous IA3 can't used now since it's one of the most expensive rule book out there! If it's not legal then forgeworld shouldn't sell those plasma/fusion cannon turrets then! Not to mention heavy gun drones!

I don't plan to use Gue'vesa cause they just don't look right with a Tau army.