Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

My first Crisis Suit!
Old 10 Apr 2009, 21:41   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default My first Crisis Suit!

So I bought the Tau Battleforce today, and I've made my stealths and 6 fire warriors and started on my Crisis Suit (he's gonna be my HQ).

Wondered what weapons I should equip him with? (I'm too nooby to do the magnet thing).

Also what are the other things on the sprue supposed to represent?

Thanks

Chris
blunder1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2009, 22:05   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to razgriz_cipher
Default Re: My first Crisis Suit!

Well it depends what you ant on your commander. The build I use is shas'el, missile pod, plasma rifle, targeting array and hardwired multi tracker. Works really well. If you wanted a more short ranged suit you could take shas'el plasma rifle, fusion blaster, targeting array and hard wired multi trakcer that would kill marines for you and could take out some tanks up close. Which is needed with only the battleforce.
Old 10 Apr 2009, 22:16   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Well, you can look online at bits dealers to see what which parts are, I'm no good at describing them :-\.

As for equiping said suit, I hope you're not going to glue weapons on. Especially if you've only got like one.

I too suffer from "nooby"-ness and as such, without anyone telling me of my mistake, I merely used the little nubs and sockets (on the weapons and arms respectively) pushed together to hold on the weapons. No glue, no magnets, and no lost weapons (if you're careful) and I get to continue being nooby. And cheap (I don't wanna pay the ~$3 to get magnets).
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man They Call Jayne
Yeah Ahab, your not nearly dirty minded enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Spectre
Mass Effect Two please have my babies.
Help people at the hungersite.com
Shasel_Ahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2009, 22:32   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Ahh cool, I was going for a "fire-knife" so I think i'll paint those ones and not glue them on thanks guys!!

Is the bobbly lumpy thing (multi-faceted) a multi tracker?
blunder1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2009, 22:34   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man They Call Jayne
Yeah Ahab, your not nearly dirty minded enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Spectre
Mass Effect Two please have my babies.
Help people at the hungersite.com
Shasel_Ahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2009, 22:46   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yep, but you don't want to put that on your suit, as he can hardwire it.

I would recommend the Centurion, which is an 'El with a plasma rifle, cyclonic Ion blaster, targeting array, and hard wired multi tracker. It comes to 100 points even. If you don't feel like buying the piece, you can substitute the CIB for a fusion cannon, lowering the cost by 3 points. It specializes at fighting TEQs/MEQs, something I know that when I first started out with the Battleforce, had trouble dealing with.

If you want a suit that can due, well, just about anything, than I would recommend the following setup. Plasma rifle + missile pod + fusion cannon. As you are using up all three hardpoints, you can't buy a targeting array with this setup so using it on an 'O is preferable.

2 other common configuration types that are less aggressive, are the Shield 'O/'El and the positional relay 'O/'El.

The first is a commander with any configuration (I find that a deathrain 'El works best), iridium armor, a shield generator, and 2 shield drones. By attaching him to a unit, you effectively add 3 TEQs, one of which has 3-4 wounds, all of which have a 4+ invulnerable save, making even the most squishy team of Kroot hard to deal with.

The second type of supporting commander also can be any configuration (Once again, I find that a deathrain 'El works best) with a positional relay. Other defensive upgrades should be taken as well (stims and shield drones work the best). The idea of this configuration is you can take the positional relay in your army (it is one of the best weapons in our arsenal).

Another configuration that might work well is an 'El with burst cannon, missile pods, and a plasma rifle. By having all multi-shot weapons, BS5 is less important. Also, unlike the other three weapon suit config, this one remains effective versus some targets at 24" (18" range + 6" assault move), as opposed to 18" like the other one.

What ever you do, don't glue your suits until you've done a whole lot of determining which weapons you like. If you don't want to magnetize them (like I neglected to), just don't attach them and tell your opponent that you are testing out different weapons. Another option is to just stick them in, without glue. For the metal models, this doesn't work but with plastic, it suffices.

Hope I was of some help.

~ninja'd by Ahab
LOL=== []\
L \ \
\_________\
| |
-------------/
leatherback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2009, 04:54   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

For my commander I always use an aurora (or centurion as explained above).

As a tip for the weapons, use some poster putty or blue tack (what ever you call it).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyndmyr
Things I miss: Sane Anubis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin Archer
"So, what you're saying is that you need someone dumber . . . You may have come to the right place." -Col. Jack O'Neil
DemiGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2009, 05:00   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

The magnet thing is actually really easy. Its worth trying out, or failing that use pins.
Nova is offline   Reply With Quote