Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

krootox
Closed Thread
Old 04 Jun 2005, 21:37   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default krootox

These guy look so cool it sad they will never be used in a list to win, because they take a heavy slot.
i was reading about the toughness it sSay's3(5) but they can be intant killed by a weapon sstrength6 or higher , so what the (5) for ?

Death Guard win 13 tie 0 lost 2

dark eldar wins 5 tie 0 lost 1
Old 04 Jun 2005, 21:40   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX
Default Re: krootox

Frank:

The toughness 5, is simply to show that as it is a kroot mounted and the creature itself is big, so more difficult to wound. Now, the insta-kill is simply there because if something S6 hits the creature, it's enough to insta-kill the little Kroot that rides on it, and an Ox without a Kroot directing it simply leaves basically because it's no longer being ridden as the little Kroot was blown off the back of it.

In reality, it's just another reason to not take a KrootOx unless you just really like them
Old 04 Jun 2005, 21:43   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalVeauX
Frank:

The toughness 5, is simply to show that as it is a kroot mounted and the creature itself is big, so more difficult to wound. Now, the insta-kill is simply there because if something S6 hits the creature, it's enough to insta-kill the little Kroot that rides on it, and an Ox without a Kroot directing it simply leaves basically because it's no longer being ridden as the little Kroot was blown off the back of it.

In reality, it's just another reason to not take a KrootOx unless you just really like them
yeah i wont take them i just like the mini's they look so cool i wish they were a troop choice then people mite use them

Old 04 Jun 2005, 22:29   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Seto

Yeah, I would like it if it could be a troop choice. 3 to a "squad", all started togeather, but being able to leave formation. Oh and they could just jump on things to kill them. XD
Old 05 Jun 2005, 00:19   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to freaky_beef

I would definatly consider using Krootox if thier gun was an assult 2 or 3 at 48" instead of rapid fire 48"! That and if the krootox allowed infiltrate still, that would be cool! Buuut, they are definalty a waste of points (cuz they get insta killed at 6 str, 1 shot from 13-48", and all for 50 pts)

30-40 pts for a str 7, assult 2 or 3, and 48" would perhaps catch my interest a little better!
Old 05 Jun 2005, 00:21   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaky_beef
30-40 pts for a str 7, assult 2 or 3, and 48" would perhaps catch my interest a little better!
Yah, no doubt! "Here SMurf...come on...come into the woods!" > ;D
Old 05 Jun 2005, 02:01   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

Anyone consider using them as kroot snipers?

e.g. attached to a minimized squad of kroot (10), sitting 7" to a jungle/wood piece (obviously has to be really close to deployment zone, due to lack of infiltration)?

Now, everyone complains about T3.. but what is your krootox doing out in the open?? It might look bad on paper, but take it into a table top context. For a full squad of krootox, a bit cheaper than the cost of a hammerhead, you have a slightly less powerful ion cannon! Sure it won't ignore armour saves of marines, but, if they decide to try attach the kroot ox, you have rapid fire goodness (basically less powerful akimbo ion cannon!), of both the krootox and accompanying kroot. On top of that, your immune to return fire, and if they decide to continue, you have a LOT of attacks to give once they're stranded 4" into the terrain piece or something.

Akimbo Mini Ion! thats my new name for the kroot gun :D

Edit: Actually, they're just longer range missile pods
Old 05 Jun 2005, 02:09   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

For 6 more points you can buy a Crisis Suit with Twinlinked Missile Pods that's got better accuracy, twice as many shots, T4 instead of T3, has 3+ armor, moves 12" per turn, has JSJ capabilities, can deep-strike and doesn't take up a heavy slot.

Sure it has 12" less range, but it can move and still shoot at full range... which is the real killer for Krootox in my opinion.
"i like to think of playing against my list as being like punching jelly. you put all your effort in but it just moves out of the way and you cause no damage. then your arm is covered in jelly. and the chicks come out and start wrestling in the jelly, and i drink a beer with stone cold steve austin, and we watch the chicks jelly wrestling, and then the slap-bass funk starts wakka chakka wakka wakka woh" -- Spooky, describing Mech Tau

"You can of course make a list that attempts to work via fragility and easy VP donation and Pathfinders fit into that just fine." -- kai
Old 05 Jun 2005, 02:15   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

well, yes that too, the main reason why I don't use krootox The obvious problems are that it takes up a heavy support slot and the points cost.. but still, it would be an interesting tactic, if your opponent has a lot of high str weapons that could take out tanks and crisis suits..
Old 05 Jun 2005, 02:37   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I hope they change these guy in the new codex so more people will have them in there army's. ;D

Closed Thread