Warhammer 40K Forum

What annoys me about Tau
Closed Thread
Old 06 Apr 2009, 23:42   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Skeith
Default What annoys me about Tau

Part 1 of long rant
Tau where the first army i started playing with. and over the long years of watching other armies getting improvements and updates, I find myself wanting and annoyed.

at the top of my list of pet annoyances is the fluff doesn't complement the stats and vice versa. why is it an all shooting army, though with great guns, has difficulty taking out GEQ armies?

also why have GW made pathfinders fast attack? Is there something fast about them i don't know?
Old 06 Apr 2009, 23:52   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: What annoys me about Tau

I personally think Stealth should be Fast Attack and Pathfinders should be Troops like Eldar Rangers, including that +1 to coversave thing. I mean c'mon, they're effing scouts.

Plus we need it would be nice to have more variability in the Elites/HQ section. HQ (more any good characters) and something else for elites. I like XV-8's but we need a few more (different/cheaper) weapons and support system options.

But like I said in a different post of mine "If wishes were fishes..." threads don't end well. THOU HAST BEEN WARNED MORTAL . Keep it friendly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man They Call Jayne
Yeah Ahab, your not nearly dirty minded enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Spectre
Mass Effect Two please have my babies.
Help people at the hungersite.com
Old 07 Apr 2009, 00:24   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Tausand sun Send a message via Yahoo to Tausand sun

Dear god NO, I see what your saying but if you made xv25's fast, and pathfinders troops...... HORRENDOUS things would happen. Tau armies become hated as pathfinders held objectives and lighted up units for multiple suits to deepstrike on, in turn 4. If it weren't for ninja tau, that would be a very good thing, with it. you could drop in theory 9 xv8's and 18 XV25s last turn, using a few scattered gun drones for your turn 2-4 drops. The board would cease to have an enemy on it..... okay maybe it wouldn't be that BAD, but you can see where the high steaks cheesery could come into play, droping 25 + battlesuits the last turn? that would just cruel. As it stands we can do something similar with vespid though, don't know why so many don't use them.
"The Imperium has abandoned us brothers! And these blue-skinned "saviors" seek only to enslave us. Follow me and march to freedom so we might transform the galaxy into a peaceful place for all sentient species!" -- Commander Alexander of the 88th Aldarian Phoenix Regiment
Old 07 Apr 2009, 00:34   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

People have complained nd ranted about how Tau were hit by a nerfing bat and aren't what they should be.
You can rant and complain as much as you want, but it isn't going to make GW work any faster. You can do any of three things:-
1. Keep playing and try and win using different tactics/army builds
2. Play a different army until tau are fixed
3. Give up the hobby/not change what you have and keep complaining

At the moment, you could be much worse off..... you could be Necrons.

Lock Requested, we've had this type of thread before and its ended in tears.... And Zen getting upset....
Old 07 Apr 2009, 00:45   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Skeith

Pathfinderers as Troops would be awesome. Especially if they didn't have to take a devilfish.

Vespid needed either higher WS or S stats to make them usful against MEQ armies.

@ shasel ahab - this isn't a "if wishes were fishes" thread. this is a thread to discus problems with Tau.

also for the suit idea you have to remember their main purpose is to fill the gap between the trusty Pulse Rifle/Carbine and the Railgun.

@ Tausand Sun - markerlights do nothing for deep strikers.
Old 07 Apr 2009, 00:50   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

They increase ballistics skill, and the devilfish helps bring them home.
"The Imperium has abandoned us brothers! And these blue-skinned "saviors" seek only to enslave us. Follow me and march to freedom so we might transform the galaxy into a peaceful place for all sentient species!" -- Commander Alexander of the 88th Aldarian Phoenix Regiment
Old 07 Apr 2009, 00:56   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tausand sun
The board would cease to have an enemy on it..... okay maybe it wouldn't be that BAD, but you can see where the high steaks cheesery could come into play, droping 25 + battlesuits the last turn? that would just cruel.
And what about other power-gaming-custom-tournament lists ou there? That's what basically you describe here. And I defintely wouldn't do that in any friendly setting. It'd just be nice to have options. We only have two troops choices, one of which are pretty subpar whom could use assistance from Pathfinders just to be viable (BS 4 anyone?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man They Call Jayne
Yeah Ahab, your not nearly dirty minded enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Spectre
Mass Effect Two please have my babies.
Help people at the hungersite.com
Old 07 Apr 2009, 00:58   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

I've been wanting BS 4 for tau for a while now. but, if wishes were fishes, tau would be the richest old man at the fish market.
Old 07 Apr 2009, 01:14   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Elites, yeah, they should have BS4. But not everyone.

For Warriors and the like, perhaps the "heavy 1 30" " part of the pulse rifle could give +1bs, but not at close range, Making them a lot more effective at long range, but not actually helping them up close with their dual shots (66.6% chance of hit at long, 100% at short instead of 133% that pure bs4 would give, when averaged, basically).

I'd rather not see a point drop like they're doing to the IG; rather slightly better without being too much cheaper.
Old 07 Apr 2009, 03:01   #10 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why So Serious?
Lock Requested, we've had this type of thread before and its ended in tears.... And Zen getting upset....
Am I so predictable? ^-^ No, I've seen this type of threads a thousand times. All about the same thing. Honestly, I'm tired of it. I already said my piece a loooooong time ago.
Closed Thread