Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Firewarrior
Old 04 Apr 2009, 23:44   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Firewarrior

I am not sure if this is where to place this but I just got Firewarrior the game for PS2 and was wondering if any of you have oppinions on it. My boyfriend is monopolizing our PS3 so I need to build the anticipation while I wait to get my chance to use it.

Thirty Seconds to Mars - Kings and Queens; Theme song of the Gue'vesa.
Fate13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Apr 2009, 00:03   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace
Default Re: Firewarrior

Heh, I have the PS2 game and the novel. Amusing to say the least. It was alright, entertaining to say the least, if not a little buggy in some places. Also, strafing makes the characters look like they're ice skating side ways.

Can't help but feel that the game was a bit rushed though.. they could do better.
Old 05 Apr 2009, 00:05   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

I had it for the PC and I enjoyed it. Not very fluffy in any sense, but still enjoyable. Had some fun multiplayer battles with it.

Off topic, where did you get your name from? There was a pretty big local band back in SF called Fate 13 and they were pretty good.

USAFTACP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Apr 2009, 00:05   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to xShaperx

Put it on Hard or else you'll be really bored. It's a decent FPS for the PS2, I enjoyed it (years ago). I liked that you could pick up fallen weapons like Lasguns and Autoguns, Bolters and Rail Rifles...that was cool. I was disappointed that there was no level where you could pilot a Crisis Suit, that would've made the game for me.

But yeah, the game is pretty fun. Pretty much your standard FPS, hordes of enemies, a boss fight each level or so, cinematic cutscenes, etc.

Shas'ui Kel'shan Mont'au Mal'caor: The Terror Spider of Kel'shan

www.myspace.com/nathanhotdog
xShaperx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Apr 2009, 08:56   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Wouldn't you know it as soon as i put up the thread, the PS3 opens up. Murphy's law I guess or some lesser form of it. Anyways, I played the first few levels and honestly it was fun. I normally don't like FPS, but this one grabed my attention, though I am glad I only paid $5 for it. I agree that is feels a bit rushed, but for now I feel it is a solid FPS.

@ USAFTACP: as for fluff I am probably going to use this as a model for my own fluff for my shas'el and his trial by fire. I have a vague idea of what I want to do but had nothing to really reference, but now I do. As for my name, well I always tried to go by just Fate, but that was obviously always taken. So I added my lucky number to the end of it and got Fate13; so no I have no relation to this band you speek of.

@ xShaperx: Hard was locked when I started it, so I have to play through on normal at least once. I was really hoping to pilot an XV8, but you have crushed my dreams :'(. Anyways now that I have used a las-rifle I can see why the IG use them. Sure they may be week-arse weapons but enough laser shots thrown at anything will take it down. Also I was a little disapointed by the lack of difference between the pulse carbine and the pulse rifle in game. I was really hoping to be able to see something that set them apart. (with the exeption of the grenade launcher on the carbine)

Thirty Seconds to Mars - Kings and Queens; Theme song of the Gue'vesa.
Fate13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Apr 2009, 12:03   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

it was good when it came out, but the likes of Halo, Fear 2 et al. trump it.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Deadnight is offline   Reply With Quote