Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Ninja Tau Theory
Old 03 Apr 2009, 22:16   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Ninja Tau Theory

I've seen the term "Ninja Tau" thrown around quite a bit, and I was wondering if anyone would mind detailing this strategy for me. I have a basic idea of what it might include, I'm guessing a lot of use of deep-striking suits, but I'd like very much if some of you could bring up some of the finer points of unit/wargear selection as well as tabletop tactics for Ninja Tau.

As a new Tau player I have yet to flesh out my collection, but I'm strongly leaning towards Mech Tau, but I would like to have a good idea of my other options.

Thanks!
Prismshard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Apr 2009, 22:20   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Ninja Tau Theory

Simply put, lots of units flanking, deep striking, or simply in reserve to bring in severe offensive maneuvers and general exploitation of weaknesses.
Old 03 Apr 2009, 22:21   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

If the search button would work, we could find a really good article by the dude who coined the name...I'm so ashame i forgot his name :-[

A Variant
Here

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Apr 2009, 13:02   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Tausand sun Send a message via Yahoo to Tausand sun

you mean gonefishing? I thought he was the guy that created it... I think i'm gunna start taking a no kroot ninja tau list, bring in heavy stuff to knock the armor off the board, bring in HH's to blast some Sv 4 units off the board (or ion heads for marines) then more battlesuits to mop up (or vice versa, XV8's to wipe out, then the HH's to mop up) THEN and only then, bring your troops on the board with little to oppose them.
"The Imperium has abandoned us brothers! And these blue-skinned "saviors" seek only to enslave us. Follow me and march to freedom so we might transform the galaxy into a peaceful place for all sentient species!" -- Commander Alexander of the 88th Aldarian Phoenix Regiment
Tausand sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Apr 2009, 17:35   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Ninja Tau is an army list where a lot of your units have deep strike, infiltrate / outflanking.

You typically begin the game with 1 model on the tabel known as either a Ninja'O or a Relay'O (He is a Shas'o with the PR and usually some shield drones and more wargear if you want). He uses his Positional Relay to delay the reserves from appearing until idealy the 4th turn. In the mean time you role for 1 unit per turn instead of every unit. You might bring in a drone squad turn two then some kroot on turn 3 for example. Then on trun four you choose to not use the positional relay and roll for every unit in reserve. Using table edge reserve, outflank and deep strike you then attempt to surprise your enemy. You would place an objective by your table edge so you can blitzkrieg it, etc... It is a very fun build that I recently started playing.
mattv2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Apr 2009, 02:20   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Just switched over to ninja tau, its a blast to play. Gonefishing a few other gave me a good break down in the ninja vs. ninja thread a few below this one (I'd link it but I'm not that tech savy).
ShasO Corvid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Apr 2009, 17:54   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yep - It was me! :P - Here's a link to the original article.

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=74750.0

Good luck with it if you give it a go!
Old 06 Apr 2009, 03:21   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Old 06 Apr 2009, 11:55   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Tausand sun Send a message via Yahoo to Tausand sun

yup that's pretty much how last nights game went for me as well.
"The Imperium has abandoned us brothers! And these blue-skinned "saviors" seek only to enslave us. Follow me and march to freedom so we might transform the galaxy into a peaceful place for all sentient species!" -- Commander Alexander of the 88th Aldarian Phoenix Regiment
Tausand sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Apr 2009, 17:06   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlainari
Ahhhhhh That warms my Cockles

It can be an annoying list for your opponent thats true - it depends what type of army he has picked, if he has gone for a bristleing static gunline - he isnt going to have much to do for the first few turns! There tends to be alot of action from turn 4 onwards though

You cant really compare Ninja Tau to the Twin Lash list etc, but it does have enormous potential to um......"Frustrate" your opponent :P It's one of the reasons I like it so much, and its a competitive build/tactic - so if your opponents don't like it its probablly because they are losing to it! Lol

It certainly isnt an "Unbeatable" list, it just provokes more though and attention to detail than most opponents will usually like if they turn up expecting to charge straight for your Tau and unleash Hell - Its more of a Case of "CHARRRRGE"...."Erm, Where are they?"....."What about over here?"...."Charg....oh Bugger". (Turn 4 arrives) "Shit Man, theyre all around us man, were all gonna die man"........Que Adagio for strings......

It just evens the playing ground for Tau in 5th ed.