Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau and Chaos Question...
Closed Thread
Old 03 Jun 2005, 03:21   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Tau and Chaos Question...

I know the tau have no warp presence and therefore cannot be linked to chaos , but why? Why do all other races have a warp presence but not the Tau? I thought of a way posssibly if someone could give me reasoning why not...

Thanks
-Nic
Old 03 Jun 2005, 04:12   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Tau and Chaos Question...

The tau are not psychically active. Psychic powers in this game are just appeals to the warp.

Join the arena, and succumb to the eternal lust!
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=9054.0
Old 03 Jun 2005, 07:54   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to 42

Don't forget that the Tau are very young as well. If some of the Tau (Possibly Ethereals), have latent psychic powers than it may well take some time for them to actually develop and become useable, connect to the warp, etc.

Old 03 Jun 2005, 19:29   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Despite the fact they have no warp presence, they can still become zombies for last and the damned right?
Old 03 Jun 2005, 19:40   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicili
I know the tau have no warp presence and therefore cannot be linked to chaos , but why? Why do all other races have a warp presence but not the Tau? I thought of a way posssibly if someone could give me reasoning why not...

Thanks
-Nic
I don't recall the term "no warp presence," being used. The Tau Codex says their minds barely register in the warp. They simply have almost no psychic link to the warp at all, but that is not the same thing as being soulless. Average humans have almost no psychic connection to the warp either. Tau are simply a step below this. Tau have next to no ability at all to draw on energy from the warp, and consequently, cannot easily be affected by it either. The wall that seperates their minds from psychic energy is that much higher.
Man, that's the joy of Anime! To revel in the complete and utter wastefullness of making an unstoppable nuclear-powered combat andriod in the shape of a cute little girl, who has the ability to fall in love and wears an enormous bow in her hair.

Don't tell me that you fell for the MTV lie?
The MTV lie is that people who rebel against tradition are thnking for themselves, while those who follow tradition are just sheep who do not think.
It is, of course, completely untrue. The decision to follow tradition is just as much an exercize of free will as is the decision to depart from it.
Old 03 Jun 2005, 19:42   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by molath
Despite the fact they have no warp presence, they can still become zombies for last and the damned right?
I imagine that it would require a lot of sorcerous energy and take a long time to infect them, but it could still be done.
The question is whether or not it would be worth it to expend so much energy, when there are so many other races that would be so much easier to corrupt.
Man, that's the joy of Anime! To revel in the complete and utter wastefullness of making an unstoppable nuclear-powered combat andriod in the shape of a cute little girl, who has the ability to fall in love and wears an enormous bow in her hair.

Don't tell me that you fell for the MTV lie?
The MTV lie is that people who rebel against tradition are thnking for themselves, while those who follow tradition are just sheep who do not think.
It is, of course, completely untrue. The decision to follow tradition is just as much an exercize of free will as is the decision to depart from it.
Old 03 Jun 2005, 19:44   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to 42

Quote:
The lost and the damned isn't any set races, although Imperial Guard are just shown in the rules. I don't think there is any fluff of Tau turning to zombies or to chaos like this although I suppose it could still happen, some think that the Shas'o'shovah was possesed by a daemon, possibly through his weapon that he found, and some of his warriors are under the possesion of daemons...but who knows! I seem to hear that one all the time...

Old 03 Jun 2005, 20:00   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Quote:
Absolutely. Nothing, short of a Grey Knight, is beyond the reach of Chaos in terms of having their corpse pull duty for an Arch Heretic. Simply look to the Tau fluff posted on GW's main website. The musks and alluring power of a single Chaos Champion was enough to "charm" the Tau before the Shas'ui recognized that he was being persuaded and quickly set the Champion ablaze with an order to his unit.

The problem with this, is that the Tau that become mindless bags of water for the Lost and the Damned would be extremely under-equipped and probably be utterly worthless as they're small, weak and will be lacking their armors and weapons that make them what they are.

But, the possibility is indeed there.
Old 04 Jun 2005, 04:42   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via AIM to UpWithChaosDownWithTau

well for one thing they be to strong
Old 04 Jun 2005, 06:55   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I'm probably going to regret this... but would you care to elaborate on how "They're too strong."?
Closed Thread