Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Chaos Deamons
Old 25 Mar 2009, 18:30   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Chaos Deamons

Well seems I have a small (1400pts) battle tomorrow against a deamon army. Don't know much about them except I believe they enter battle via deepstrike and I believe that they are fairly susceptible to our pulse fire. My plan is to try to go with a Mech approach moving and shooting to keep from close combat. Is there anybody with experience against these deamons who could shed some light about these guys?
345kv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2009, 19:20   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Chaos Deamons

I don't know a huge amount about daemon armies, just watch out for the ever present invulnerable saves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyndmyr
Things I miss: Sane Anubis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin Archer
"So, what you're saying is that you need someone dumber . . . You may have come to the right place." -Col. Jack O'Neil
DemiGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2009, 19:51   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

I've never fought a demon army, but I do know that every model will have an invulnerable save. I don't know what save, though - probably 4+ or 5+, so not too bad.

One tactic you could do is to spread out your troops as much as possible and spread out terrain - this means that if he deep strikes, he may scatter onto you/terrain and be at risk of losing his unit.

I THINK that it works in the same way a a drop pod assault in that half of his guys deep strike and half walk on, but I don't know
Old 25 Mar 2009, 20:55   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Pisces_808

I'd sugest reading this topic first. I posted some tactics you can use there. If you have any specific furter questions after that please ask me. I've faced them before and they can be quite a chalange.

Greetz

Pisces_808 is offline   Reply With Quote