Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau Ranks
Reply
Old 23 Mar 2009, 19:32   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: England
Posts: 133
Default Tau Ranks

Hi, all you Tau players. This is going to sound nooby but can someone tell me the ranks of Tau in order for the story I'm writing?

And also, is it Air or Fire caste who pilot their Devilfish?
__________________
98% of the world plays World of Warcraft or any other type of MMO. If your one of the 2% that doesn't, post this into your signature.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig
Citizen of Ghetia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Mar 2009, 19:37   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,074
Default Re: Tau Ranks

Check this: http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Tau#Tau_Ranks

No, standard vehicles are piloted by Fire Caste.
__________________
For the Greater Good!
Hunter Cadre Lar'Shi'el

Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Mar 2009, 19:37   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Austria
Posts: 3,435
Default Re: Tau Ranks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen of Ghetia
Hi, all you Tau players. This is going to sound nooby but can someone tell me the ranks of Tau in order for the story I'm writing?

And also, is it Air or Fire caste who pilot their Devilfish?
'La
'Ui
'Vre
'El
'O

According to the book "Firewarrior", there is a sixth rank, 'Saal, which is a trainee nomination - i.e. before you are a 'La, you're a 'Saal (probably for kids etc.).

Tau military vehicles are piloted by Firecaste. Piranhas, Devilgish, Hammerhead, the likes (this is also noted in the entry in the Codex: Crew: Firewarriors); Aircaste are probably to fragile to survive long in combat situations.

Cheers,
-Bone
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Mar 2009, 19:38   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: England
Posts: 133
Default Re: Tau Ranks

Thanks ;D
__________________
98% of the world plays World of Warcraft or any other type of MMO. If your one of the 2% that doesn't, post this into your signature.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig
Citizen of Ghetia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Mar 2009, 19:41   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gatineau (Québec) Canada
Posts: 6,212
Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard
Default Re: Tau Ranks

Air caste flies the flyer such as the barraccuda, tiger shark, orca and Manta and well as the interstellar ship from (Battle Fleet Gothica)
__________________
For the Greater Good!
For Ksi'm'yen and the 76th Moracre Light Armoured Guard

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Mar 2009, 19:48   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,074
Default Re: Tau Ranks

I found something more about Tau Ranks some time ago, somewhere on Tau Online, but I am now unable to find that thread so I a can not give the author proper credits.

Tau Ranks:



Gue'Vesa Ranks:

__________________
For the Greater Good!
Hunter Cadre Lar'Shi'el

Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Mar 2009, 20:11   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tuvalu
Posts: 1,442
Default Re: Tau Ranks

With the exception of the 'Saal rank given to Tau children and recrutees, there are five major levels of Tau rank, each of which has a subtly different meaning dependent on the caste to which it is suffixed. Note that these are in ascending order of seniority.

[table]
[tr]
[td]Rank[/td][td] Fire Caste[/td][td] Air Caste[/td][td] Water Caste[/td][td] Earth Caste[/td][td] Ethereal Caste[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]'La[/td][td] Warrior[/td][td] Messenger[/td][td] Bureaucrat[/td][td] Worker[/td][td] Prince[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]'Ui[/td][td] Veteran[/td][td] Carrier[/td][td] Envoy[/td][td] Senior[/td][td] Prelate[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]'Vre[/td][td] Hero[/td][td] Pilot[/td][td] Magister[/td][td] Overseer[/td][td] King[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]'El[/td][td] Knight[/td][td] Captain[/td][td] Diplomat[/td][td] Engineer[/td][td] Holy[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]'O[/td][td] Commander[/td][td] Admiral[/td][td] Ambassador[/td][td] Planner[/td][td] Highest[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
Warsmith Tyranus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Mar 2009, 20:29   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 490
Default Re: Tau Ranks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ¡Rastafari Is!
With the exception of the 'Saal rank given to Tau children and recrutees, there are five major levels of Tau rank, each of which has a subtly different meaning dependent on the caste to which it is suffixed. Note that these are in ascending order of seniority.

[table]
[tr]
[td]Rank[/td][td] Fire Caste[/td][td] Air Caste[/td][td] Water Caste[/td][td] Earth Caste[/td][td] Ethereal Caste[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]'La[/td][td] Warrior[/td][td] Messenger[/td][td] Bureaucrat[/td][td] Worker[/td][td] Prince[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]'Ui[/td][td] Veteran[/td][td] Carrier[/td][td] Envoy[/td][td] Senior[/td][td] Prelate[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]'Vre[/td][td] Hero[/td][td] Pilot[/td][td] Magister[/td][td] Overseer[/td][td] King[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]'El[/td][td] Knight[/td][td] Captain[/td][td] Diplomat[/td][td] Engineer[/td][td] Holy[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]'O[/td][td] Commander[/td][td] Admiral[/td][td] Ambassador[/td][td] Planner[/td][td] Highest[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
Damn, beat me to it...

Oh, and watchdog, what is a Shas'Ar'Tol? Is it supreme commander, or something?
__________________
Please help my demons level up
[url=http://heresy-online.net/daemons/adoptables/3972-bob9.htm][img]http://www.heresy-online.net/daemons
Turok117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Mar 2009, 20:33   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tuvalu
Posts: 1,442
Default Re: Tau Ranks

Shas'Ar'Tol is the Tau Empire Military High Command.
Warsmith Tyranus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Mar 2009, 20:41   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,074
Default Re: Tau Ranks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turok117
Oh, and watchdog, what is a Shas'Ar'Tol? Is it supreme commander, or something?
Yes, it is the supreme rank. Check this: http://www.minivault.com/TacTauHome.htm

I am not sure where it comes from though.
__________________
For the Greater Good!
Hunter Cadre Lar'Shi'el

Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New to the ranks! MelnaTheMighty Introduce yourself 3 05 Oct 2009 21:26
Where are the ranks? Tausand sun Tau Online Comments/Suggestions 2 09 Feb 2009 11:02
Ranks? trash-candle Tau Online Comments/Suggestions 3 05 Aug 2007 17:53
Tau ranks... Wargamer Tau 27 21 Apr 2005 05:17
ranks elfleaderW Tau Online Comments/Suggestions 4 27 Jan 2005 10:33