Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

When Regarding Eldar
Old 21 Mar 2009, 07:01   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default When Regarding Eldar

Ok, so I was playing soulstorm earlier and started to think if the humans can join the Tau auxilary ranks who else would. Then a post mortem thingy that came up once I defeated the dark eldar made me realized that the Eldar would make alot of sense to join the auxilery ranks as well. OK fine, not the most sense, but compared to all of the other majore races in 40K they make sense. So my question posed to you good gue'vesa of tauonline.com is:
What would it take for the Eldar to join us among the great auxilary races of the Tau empire?

EDIT: I am exempting the Humans from this discussion due to the fact that they technically have joined the Tau'va (at least some of them have anyway) and that compared to living within the Tau empire the imperium sucks.

Thirty Seconds to Mars - Kings and Queens; Theme song of the Gue'vesa.
Fate13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2009, 08:04   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: When Regarding Eldar

Eldar are capricious, selfish and care only about their own race. Theyw ouldn't bow down and worship the Ethereal caste, they live for their craftworld. They see other races as inferior. The occassional lone eldar may join, but it isn't likely....
limpchickeninabizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2009, 08:08   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

I would say the Eldar have a good chance of maybe "teaming up" with the Tau but not joining them. I also think if this ever came up very few Eldar would. The Biel-Tan WOULD NOT join up with the Tau because they want to bring back the Eldar's once mighty empire but maybe in a case like the Ulthwe might join up to fight against a chaos horde or something that they see in the future and thus teaming up would be beneficiary.

I say the closes you are going to get to an alliance or a auxiliary unit would be Eldar pirates.

That's my two cents/yen/pound/peso/etc etc

Quote:
OK fine, not the most sense, but compared to all of the other majore races in 40K they make sense.
And what do you mean by this? I am not attacking you but could you explain more on this statement? I think there may be a pronoun missing.
Mandalorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2009, 09:06   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why So Serious?
Eldar are capricious, selfish and care only about their own race. Theyw ouldn't bow down and worship the Ethereal caste, they live for their craftworld. They see other races as inferior. The occassional lone eldar may join, but it isn't likely....
Sounds just like America.

Besides, I hate Eldar. Their tanks are so annoying...

But no, I don't think they would ever submit themselves totally to the Tau Empire.
Old 21 Mar 2009, 14:57   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Farseer_Del Send a message via MSN to Farseer_Del Send a message via Yahoo to Farseer_Del

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turok117
Sounds just like America.

Besides, I hate Eldar. Their tanks are so annoying...
This type of comment is unacceptable. It is offensive to users, and breaches the rules on post conduct. Do not post such inflammatory comments in future or warnings will have to be issued.
Farseer_Del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2009, 19:29   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

Considering that the Eldar consider themselves above the other races, I don't see them bowing down to a smalll insignificant race (from a galactic point of view)...allying maybe, not now subjugating themsleves to another race...just look at how Dark Eldar avoid Slannesh.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote