Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Another reason to get Forgeworld Crisis suits:
Old 20 Mar 2009, 04:19   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Another reason to get Forgeworld Crisis suits:

.. other than their kewlness factor:

Forgewold crisis suits are still 20 english pounds each....

Which used to make them quite expensive to this American... But times they are-a changin! The exchange rate for Pounds to Dollars is getting closer and closer to 1:1 (when I bould IA3 it was $2.40= 1 pound- ouch!!)... and if it hasnt happened already...

Forgeworld kits may actually exchange to be CHEAPER than store bought plain-jane crisis kits!!

;D
Old 20 Mar 2009, 05:18   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Another reason to get Forgeworld Crisis suits:

If that happened, I would be very very very very happy
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

^ me if that happened
LOL=== []\
L \ \
\_________\
| |
-------------/
leatherback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2009, 06:32   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Wild

It's been happening for some time. Right now though the pound is worth 1.446 USD. I just ordered 2 XV-88-2s and 1 XV-89 for the same price as a Commander, and 2 XV-88s, just a few dollars lower after tax.
Old 20 Mar 2009, 06:54   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

How does a change in exchange rates make one UK product more or less expensive than another UK product? I know you have to pay for Forgeworld stuff in British Pounds, but if the currency values change significantly, GW will adjust the US dollar prices of their stuff to correct it. That could take a while, I guess, so maybe the FW stuff is relatively cheap now. Will the prices ever get cheap enough for me to invest in a Manta? Sadly, I doubt it.
knightperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2009, 07:00   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

Yeah, FW broadsides are about the same price as the regular GW ones, and considering how much better they look in comparison now's the best time to start buying them.

And just so I don't start another argument, yeah, technically the price is the same, but the conversion rate makes them cheaper for us here in the US to buy. So it's just easier to say "they're the same price" even though technically they aren't.

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2009, 07:28   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Basic summary, FW is priced only in GBP. Basic GW is priced in GBP/Yen/USD/CAD, etc. When the conversion rate changes, it only affects the FW products.
Old 20 Mar 2009, 14:03   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I don't have my codex handy, which models on FW count as the codex models?
Old 20 Mar 2009, 15:06   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

XV89=Iridium Armor

XV-88-2 are for the Broadsides.

The other XVs use equipment that isn't available in the codex, or Shas'O R'myr, but he can be used to represent a Twin-linked Plasma Gun + shield gen Commander.

There is also the Piranha TX-42, which is a higher armored version. The standard one carries a twin-linked Fusion Blaster, so they might let you use it to represent a standard one.
Old 20 Mar 2009, 15:32   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

If the excange rates drop even more it will be cheaper to buy forge world piranahs than the GW, yes, they're the same kit!
"They shall be my finest Cannon Fodder, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I will mold them and in the furnace of war they will become cracked and broken. They will be of tissue paper and whimpy muscle. In tissue paper armor I clad them and with the mightiest flashlights they will be armed. They will be touched by every sort of plauge or disease to help further make them unhappy, all sickness will blight them. They will have almost no tactics, strategies, but lots of machines so that they can atleast stand up to a foe in battle. They are my tar pit against the Terror. They are the bulk of Humanity. They are my Imperial Guard and they will know much fear!"

A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle. A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat. Do not forget the difference.
- Attributed to Leman Russ

My armies may sleep, but big guns never tire.

Surrender - or die.
Typhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2009, 19:45   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I wouldnt be buying normal GW crisis models from GW... as then of course the prices would be the same...

I was talking about buying the forgeworld models at the exchanged rate (20 Lb).. as opposed to buying Crisis models off the shelf here in local game stores ($25) And I would buy the XV-89 model for sure, because of hte poseable resin arms and legs, and the kewler modular weapon arm pods. If the other variants had those same arm and legsbits, then theyd be up for grabs as well. So you see, its not about buying the forgeworld models to use their variant rules... but rather to get my mitts on those extra little goodies!!

but HEY wow!! looking on the FW website, they also sell plastic kits.. and I'm betting the hammerheads and devilfishes may be cheaper through them as well...

yeah.. until they catch on that the US dollar means they need to adjust the prices for everyone else in the world as well (which is kinda why I dont think they WILL adjust the prices just because of US). And it would be against some international trade laws or something for FW to say "buyers in Taiwan get these at 20lb, while americans have to pay 35lb for the same thing"