Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Can the Targeting Array from the Stealth Suits be used on Crisis Suits?
Old 19 Mar 2009, 18:06   #11 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Can the Targeting Array from the Stealth Suits be used on Crisis Suits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces_808

If you have the Tau codex there are examples of every piece that can be on a suit. It's all on page 53, so I wouldn't gleu anything unless you are sure what's what. Not unless you want to pull something off because it was the wrong thing. The thing that comes with the stealths (I'm fairly sure) that isn't with the Crisis sprue is the drone controller.

There pieces of equipment that don't come with the sprue and that you'll have to make yourself. And if you aren't sure about what's what, you could always make a topic with pics of every piece (all in one topic) and ask what it is. This way it could be stickied so every new player knows what piece is what.

Greetz
I think I'll do that once I have more units. And the massive antenna seems to look like it goes on a separate base (from the pics at Games-Workshop). Also, anything optional I magnetize, I've done the Crisis Suit, 1 DF and one Skyrail so far.

[hr]
I made an airplane out of stone,
I always did like staying home.
Shel Silverstein
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2009, 18:20   #12 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via MSN to Phototoxin
Default Re: Can the Targeting Array from the Stealth Suits be used on Crisis Suits?

Quote:
I think I'll do that once I have more units. And the massive antenna seems to look like it goes on a separate base (from the pics at Games-Workshop).
No its a secret prototype stealth weapon XD
Old 19 Mar 2009, 18:35   #13 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

The beauty of those little doodads is that they are NOT clearly identified... for a reason.

Now, they can represent anything you like, since its YOUR army, with its own equipment style and patterns.

The mini targetlock that comes with the new stealth kits can be anything: Targetlock, Target ARRAY, markerlight, etc...The point is how you choose to mount it and what you truly intend it to be.

The mini disk/drone thing can also be whatever you like, even a devilfish disruption pod, if you wish.

The big double antenna thing is an oddity- but again, you can use it for anything you want! It could be an objective marker that you detailed and based, it could be a commanders positional relay, It could be a broadsides A.S.S., etc. I personally mount mine on my pathfinder devilfish, to represent the special Marker Beacon that makes a pathfinder devifish a bit different looking from normal ones.

I guess the point is: dont sweat the details like that overmuch... so long as your WEAPONRY isnt misleading, and you dont keep your wargear a secret- or make them purposely deceptive, then you have the freedom to make your models look as cool as you want- and there simply is no wrong way to assemble them!

Old 19 Mar 2009, 18:50   #14 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calaban
The beauty of those little doodads is that they are NOT clearly identified... for a reason.

Now, they can represent anything you like, since its YOUR army, with its own equipment style and patterns.

The mini targetlock that comes with the new stealth kits can be anything: Targetlock, Target ARRAY, markerlight, etc...The point is how you choose to mount it and what you truly intend it to be.

The mini disk/drone thing can also be whatever you like, even a devilfish disruption pod, if you wish.

The big double antenna thing is an oddity- but again, you can use it for anything you want! It could be an objective marker that you detailed and based, it could be a commanders positional relay, It could be a broadsides A.S.S., etc. I personally mount mine on my pathfinder devilfish, to represent the special Marker Beacon that makes a pathfinder devifish a bit different looking from normal ones.

I guess the point is: dont sweat the details like that overmuch... so long as your WEAPONRY isnt misleading, and you dont keep your wargear a secret- or make them purposely deceptive, then you have the freedom to make your models look as cool as you want- and there simply is no wrong way to assemble them!
Actually the White Dwarf article on the XV25 clearly labeled every single piece of the sprue.

The little disc that looks like a mini shield generator with an antennae is a Drone Controller. It was even labeled for you guys in the codex.

The large "fin" looking thing (that mystery bit) is just an Objective marker, though many people use it as everything else under the sun (command drone conversions are/were popular and very easy, it looks great on vehicles and suits as well).

No, you don't need to sweat the details, but you should also be prepared to catch some funny looks from people in the know. :funny:

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2009, 19:28   #15 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calaban

I'm not sure if that would hold up in a tournament situation...
Old 19 Mar 2009, 19:38   #16 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I'm almost done with magetising... I keep getting distracted. I think I'll try using the Objective Marker on my HQ.

Update: The Stealths are fully magnetised and so are all the optional bitz. The drone is assembled but the guns are maneuverable (not glued just stuck in).

[hr]
I made an airplane out of stone,
I always did like staying home.
Shel Silverstein
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2009, 23:01   #17 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven

I think I'll do that once I have more units. And the massive antenna seems to look like it goes on a separate base (from the pics at Games-Workshop). Also, anything optional I magnetize, I've done the Crisis Suit, 1 DF and one Skyrail so far.
That is a stealth field generator.
mattv2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2009, 23:09   #18 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattv2099
Quote:

No, it's not.

It is an objective marker.
GW made that clear when White Dwarf listed every single part in the XV25 sprues.

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2009, 18:30   #19 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattv2099
Quote:

It's not...