Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Flamer drone
Old 17 Mar 2009, 05:05   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Flamer drone

I seen a lot of mentions of people having "flamer drones,Plasma Drone,Etc" The gun drones with 1-2 crisis weps. so what thye do? Are the drones supossed to be Twinweps or only one? Do they count as anything? Any thing else i should know? ???

Sorry for the barrage of questions

Also the search demon is dead so i don't know if this has been done before
taugundrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2009, 05:56   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Flamer drone

Still dead? That makes it a couple months of no search function :-[

When people make these drones, they often count them as twin linked, or only give them one, as the drone can't fire both. In addition, if you are interested in drones w/ battlesuit weapons, check out the forge world heavy gun drones.
LOL=== []\
L \ \
\_________\
| |
-------------/
leatherback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2009, 11:56   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Pisces_808

Altough some variation in drone weapons they are just house rules. I would like to see flamer drones become real because it's fluffy and fun. The fluff would support this because Tau don't like wasting lives and flamers tend to get you in CC. And we all know that CC is suicide for Tau. Well the fun part I don't have to explain.

I would suggest not equiping them with the heavier weapons like missiles or plasma. The would take some function away from the crisis suit and they are there for those special tasks.

So what would I do, or make:
- Flamer drones (non TL) - Same points as normal drone
- Burst drones (non TL) - Maybe a small increase in point but nothing to fancy as it's not TL. So let's say 15 or 20pts.

That's about it, the other weapons should stay on the more experienced/elite units. But it's really about what you want. Just remember that these are house rules and that your opponent has to agree to these rules. So if you make unfair/unbalanced rules or units then it's most likely that you wont be using them.

Greetz

Pisces_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2009, 12:09   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces_808
Just remember that these are house rules and that your opponent has to agree to these rules. So if you make unfair/unbalanced rules or units then it's most likely that you wont be using them.
Back in 2nd Edition, GW recommended a simple method to check if the new creation was fair and playable against. Create it and then play against it yourself for a few times. That was a good way to check if the uberpwning unit you created is as much fun to face as to play it.

Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2009, 19:41   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Heavy gun drones:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog...TTLESUITS.html

Scroll down to second from the bottom.

Seems a waste of a heavy support slot IMO, but there you go.

An in response to the original point, I think that drones should be able to have light weapons, but no plasma/missiles. That would actually be good.
Old 17 Mar 2009, 21:31   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Sounds great. They should be an elite or fast attack slot IMO. The team I guess could be an upgrade to the gun drone squad. 15-16 points each, maybe 20-22 points for a TL flamer. Sounds great like a great idea, as it fits with the fluff and offers more options for the Tau in terms of how they operate.
Semaj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2009, 21:41   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
I would suggest not equiping them with the heavier weapons like missiles or plasma. The would take some function away from the crisis suit and they are there for those special tasks.

- Burst drones (non TL) - Maybe a small increase in point but nothing to fancy as it's not TL. So let's say 15 or 20pts.
For Gun Drone Squads, I would agree. For Gun Drones linked to a Controller, it should totally be possible (and yes, even fluffy!) to have heavier weapons like Plasma Guns, CiBs, and Misslie Pods, (ala Eldar Support Platforms) on a Gun Drone. But I also think that the weapons should undergo a change from Assualt to Heavy on some of them to compensate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.
Charistoph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2009, 21:44   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charistoph
Quote:

For Gun Drone Squads, I would agree. For Gun Drones linked to a Controller, it should totally be possible (and yes, even fluffy!) to have heavier weapons like Plasma Guns, CiBs, and Misslie Pods, (ala Eldar Support Platforms) on a Gun Drone. But I also think that the weapons should undergo a change from Assualt to Heavy on some of them to compensate.
You do realize that changing any of them to "Heavy" only affects the footslogging units that would take the new drones right?

Otherwise, it's all Jump Jet heaven, where Heavy weapons are nothing more difficult to worry about than a burst cannon.

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2009, 05:37   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by enderwiggin
You do realize that changing any of them to "Heavy" only affects the footslogging units that would take the new drones right?

Otherwise, it's all Jump Jet heaven, where Heavy weapons are nothing more difficult to worry about than a burst cannon.
Well, since these weapons we are talking about can already be wielded by Crisis Suits <shrug>, why not? The reason for the change to Heavy would provide a limit for wielding them in FoF circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.
Charistoph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2009, 20:22   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Heavy weapons can still be fired by a drone or suit because they have jetpacks, allowing them to fire weapons as if they had remained stationary.