Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

human fire warriors
Old 17 Mar 2009, 02:53   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default human fire warriors

i was wondering if u could use humans as fire warriors if you used tau bodies, arms, and helmets, and human legs and heads. but i want them to have the same stats as regular fire warriors, not human aux.
Taustealthwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2009, 03:01   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: human fire warriors

if you dont mind using the torsos, the humans are customizable to an extent. Heck you could build the firewarriors and replace their legs with catachan or cadian parts.

Since the tau protect vital points more, it wouldnt be a hard justification. Likewise the pulserifles and carbines arent hard to get on, you just need the right hand combinations and some creativity.
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2009, 03:15   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Unusualsuspect Send a message via MSN to Unusualsuspect

Conversions are yours to make, and so long as you're not mixing and matching rules while staying consistent, I can't imagine someone having THAT much of a problem with it.

Human with Fire Warrior stats? Sure, so long as they aren't being used in an IG army.

I've heard of people using IG rules to field an army entirely modeled with Gretchin, and I think that'd be fun and entertaining to play against.

How this flies in Tournaments, well... that's up to the organizer.
Old 17 Mar 2009, 04:09   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

i say there nothing stoping you but Some of the larger human models wont fit on the fw torso, so... ???
taugundrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2009, 02:22   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to xShaperx

I've got a squad, actually. They look damn good. No one has a problem with it, in fact I usually use them as a lure when fighting Imperial players, they seem to want to kill that squad more than my others for some reason ;D

Take Cadians, shave off the eagles on their helmets and body armor, give them Fire Warrior arms w/ the Pulse Rifle, give them the shoulder guard, and presto. My squad has a bunch of backpacks with smoke grenades and knifes and things but thats just them. When you're painting them just make sure to paint the hands a human flesh tone, most people won't notice they only have four fingers ^_-

I'll get around to posting a pic of my squad tomorrow after work

Shas'ui Kel'shan Mont'au Mal'caor: The Terror Spider of Kel'shan

www.myspace.com/nathanhotdog
xShaperx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2009, 13:34   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

taugundrone, why did you have the same avatar and quote as me?? i just had to change both now, thank you very much.

no problems with conversions. i convert all my fire warriors with IG torsos and upper arms. they're still tau, but i'd have no problem with you gluing a human head on a tau body. so long as it looks like a fire warrior, and follows the same rules as a fire warrior, its good.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Deadnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2009, 20:45   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Sounds ok to me. There's another question like this in the nids section. If you where playing me it would be fine. I'm sure most people would accept these conversions as long as there was a way of defining them as Tau.
The Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2009, 20:56   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

I don't think anyone would have a problem with this - Tau and humans have nearly identical stats, and the lower WS and I can easily be justified as "lack of CC training".

Basically, I had the same idea, only with Marine scouts (very BUFF Firewarriors!), and not using any FW-parts, but filing off all Imperial symbols and painting them in the colour scheme of my army. Nevertheless, Cadians are probably your best bet (or Elysians, since they have a certain High-Tech look on them, though converting them to carry Pulse weaponry could be.... difficult).

Cheers,
-Bone
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2009, 22:02   #9 (permalink)
SGS
Shas'La

Here's mine- old piture, before they were finished, but you get the idea.

Sale or trade DE wyches, Wood Elf Waywatchers, and more: http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,92810.0.html
SGS is offline   Reply With Quote