Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Just a little fluff question...
Old 16 Mar 2009, 23:11   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Just a little fluff question...

Since the Tau have no reflection in the Warp, and only skim around the edges making quick jumps to get from place to place, would it be fluffy for a Tau ship to be sucked up by a Warp Storm and dropped of somewhere else? I need it for my faction in the Alliance of Tet Krom.
Grr! Here is a new word to express my anger:

#$@&#\*%#@^@
Gaahrneedtokill

Life is a basket of crazed, flesh eating weasels.
>
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewiththeface
my friend had a teacher on a test after getting 49 question right, he got the 50th wrong and the teacher wrote "C-c-c-c-combo breaker-r-r-r" next to it.
Notanoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2009, 23:29   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Re: Just a little fluff question...

I don't see why not. It seems like a legitimate happening. Whether or not the Tau can sense it individually, the Warp exists.

After all, we are talking about a universe with chain swords, a machine worshiping cult, humans with redundant organs, and sentient fungi. Why not? :P
Military tactics are like unto water; for water in its natural course runs away from high places and hastens downwards... Water shapes its course according to the nature of the ground over which it flows; the soldier works out his victory in relation to the foe whom he is facing. Therefore, just as water retains no constant shape, so in warfare there are no constant conditions. He who can modify his tactics in relation to his opponent and thereby succeed in winning, may be called a heaven-born captain.
- Sun Tzu
RogueFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2009, 23:33   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Fox is right

The warp is still there whether the Tau like it or not ^^
And if I remember correctly the Tau can turn a little chaotic themselves.
But based on warp science yes they can start in Tau space and end up right in front of Terra itself
*Mind wonders into the possiblities :P* If only ^^

ZoDan.!
x x x
Old 17 Mar 2009, 00:00   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Where did this whole Tau are immune to the warp back story originate from?
Its not in the codex....Im so Confuuseddd : :-\
Old 17 Mar 2009, 00:37   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Doombringer Send a message via MSN to Doombringer Send a message via Yahoo to Doombringer

Actually, it is in the Codex that the Tau have little to no warp presence, and as such do not contain psykers in their species.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau Empire Codex, pg. 6
[...]without the specialized mutation of the Navigator gene, their colony ships could only make short 'hops' into warp space, skimming the edges of the Immaterium. With the tightly packed nature of the Tau Empire, this did not prove to be a problem and protected them from many of the inherent dangers of warp travel.

Given their limited exposure to the Warp, the Tau found it difficult to comprehend the hallucinogenic effects it had on other races and the terrible threat it could represent to psykers. Such talents were a mystery to the Tau as they had no psychic abilities whatsoever, their mind barely even registering in the warp at all.
The Por'la Kais Inquisitor rules even go so far as to give the Tau 'Psychic Null/Blank' rules, mentioning that daemons would have an extremely hard time seeing them as clearly as they would, say, a human or Eldar.

Regarding the Tau's warp presence, they do have one, it's just very, very tiny.

"The nation that draws too great a distinction between its scholars and its warriors, will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." - Anonymous

"Doombringer, you are my hero." - Lord-General Thunder

Doombringer

Doombringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2009, 00:45   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doombringer
Actually, it is in the Codex that the Tau have little to no warp presence, and as such do not contain psykers in their species.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau Empire Codex, pg. 6
[...]without the specialized mutation of the Navigator gene, their colony ships could only make short 'hops' into warp space, skimming the edges of the Immaterium. With the tightly packed nature of the Tau Empire, this did not prove to be a problem and protected them from many of the inherent dangers of warp travel.

Given their limited exposure to the Warp, the Tau found it difficult to comprehend the hallucinogenic effects it had on other races and the terrible threat it could represent to psykers. Such talents were a mystery to the Tau as they had no psychic abilities whatsoever, their mind barely even registering in the warp at all.
The Por'la Kais Inquisitor rules even go so far as to give the Tau 'Psychic Null/Blank' rules, mentioning that daemons would have an extremely hard time seeing them as clearly as they would, say, a human or Eldar.

Regarding the Tau's warp presence, they do have one, it's just very, very tiny.
ah bugger.... I forgot about that :P

thanks for clearing it up mate