Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Help clearing up confusion
Old 15 Mar 2009, 14:56   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Help clearing up confusion

I've seen a few things on the forums and in my rule book and am a little confused, and need a little clarification.

1. I was under the impression from the Tau codex that you were only allowed 1 bodyguard retinue per force organization chart. That is what 1-0 stands for correct?

2. The Body guard retinue counts as an extra kill point correct?

3. Vehicle mounted drones count as vehicle weapons for purposes of firing, and can indeed be destroyed on a weapon destroyed result correct? And can emergency disembark when the vehicle is destroyed. Also only count as a KP when disembarked but not when the result of a weapon destroyed result occurs (if all the previous is correct.)
Ekiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2009, 15:05   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard
Default Re: Help clearing up confusion

1-2) No you could have 2 bodyguard retenues, since you can have 2 XV-8 commander, both of which can have 0-1 bodyguard retenue. Retenue are worth 1KP (unless it's a broodlord and Guard thing only).

3)
-I believe yes they can be drestroyed on a weapon destroyed roll But you need 2 weapon destroyed since there are 2 gun drones.
-They must emergency disembark from the vehicule if it is destroyed like every other passenger, yes.
-Not quite sutre about this one. Disembark yes they are worth 1KP since it is a new unit. If both are destroyed with a weapon destroyed result, I don't know if they are worth KP.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2009, 15:17   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Tausand sun Send a message via Yahoo to Tausand sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneguard
1-2) No you could have 2 bodyguard retenues, since you can have 2 XV-8 commander, both of which can have 0-1 bodyguard retenue. Retenue are worth 1KP (unless it's a broodlord and Guard thing only).

3)
-I believe yes they can be drestroyed on a weapon destroyed roll But you need 2 weapon destroyed since there are 2 gun drones.
-They must emergency disembark from the vehicule if it is destroyed like every other passenger, yes.
-Not quite sutre about this one. Disembark yes they are worth 1KP since it is a new unit. If both are destroyed with a weapon destroyed result, I don't know if they are worth KP.
actually I belive in a recent thread someone posted a response from GW that Drones weren't worth a KP even if disembarked.
"The Imperium has abandoned us brothers! And these blue-skinned "saviors" seek only to enslave us. Follow me and march to freedom so we might transform the galaxy into a peaceful place for all sentient species!" -- Commander Alexander of the 88th Aldarian Phoenix Regiment
Tausand sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2009, 16:09   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

The whole KP or not thing is going to be an issue for a while. I have had opposing rulings from both GW emails and GW tournament umpires.

But as to the Gun Drones being affected by Weapon Destroyed results, I defer you to their listing on page 30 "treated as passengers". So no, they cannot be affected by Weapon Destroyed results.

Also they are only an individual unit if they survive the crash, or are willingly detached, but given how easy it is for them to survive the destruction of a skimmer now, I would not count on this to preserve KPs.
Scorefish = Devilfish + 6 Fire Warriors. It is a Scoring Devilfish.
1337green1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2009, 22:24   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

i just e-mailed someone about getting it put on the FAQ, so hopefully it will get done (and i wont have to get out the dreadsock) but untell then clear it before the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFTACP
You're playing the wrong game if you're concerned with things looking look like toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Aun Leketh)
I have a response to that... it involves a dreadsock... :P
steck_638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2009, 23:10   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

Good luck.

The 0-1 thing on bodyguard retinues is so you can't buy your commander a giant retinue, but neither are you forced to buy one at all.

Yes, retinues/bodyguard teams count as a seperate Kill Point.

Gun drones are considered weapons in your shooting phase. They are passengers during your opponent's entire turn, and during your movement and assault phases.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
MechTau is offline   Reply With Quote