Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

first tau battle
Closed Thread
Old 01 Jun 2005, 20:48   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default first tau battle

Fielded my army for the first time lastnight. Fought space marines and orks and kicked their ass (little thanks goes to my necron friends) It was CTF and I almost lost to the orks, but when just when the orks thought it was safe, HH gunship and crisis to the rescue! and by rescue I mean blow the hell out of them to the last man. I had to play without kroot since mine are unassembled, which was ok because I managed to stay out of cc except for my poor stealth team, which went down with a good fight.

We played played a 4 way game 750 pts. what's you guys' favorite army list that size?
I played 2 12x fire warriors, both bonded upgraded leaders, gave the leaders emp grenades (that's legal, right?)
6x stealth (only have six, sadly)
1x crisis TL missile pod, and one of the 5 pt upgrades
1x etheral
1x hh gunship rail cannon, target lock, multi tracker

worked pretty well, but next time I think I want to include kroot instead of one of the fire warrior teams.

also, Shadowdeth did you get my pm?
Old 01 Jun 2005, 21:44   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Ui Veta
Default Re: first tau battle

Made this with armybuilder...
Ui Veta's Retinue750 Pts - Tau Army

1 Ethereal (HQ) @ 50 Pts
2 Close Combat Weapons

11 Fire Warriors (Troops) @ 200 Pts TWO OF THESE
1 Devilfish Dropship @ [90] Pts
Decoy Launcher [5]
Targetting Array [5]

12 Gue'vesa'la Human Auxiliaries (Troops) @ 72 Pts TWO OF THESE

6 Gun Drones (Fast Attack) @ 72 Pts

1 Broadside Battlesuit Team (Heavy Support) @ 90 Pts
Smart Missile System : TL Railgun
2 Drones @ [20] Pts

Models in Army: 62 ; Total Army Cost: 756
I like to use Gue'vesa'la in smaller armies because of their points value. The ethreal can join the broadside (if im not mistaken) and the 2 units of fire warriors can use the FoF formation with the gun drones as support. Gue'vesa'la can have a party and get wasted :P...
The Emperor is our guiding light, a beacon of hope for humanity in a galaxy of darkness. As we serve him, he is our greatest servant. As we pray to him, his thoughts are only for us. And in the dark when the shadows threaten, the Emperor is with us, in spirit and in fact.

Adore the Immortal Emperor; Admire the Immortal Emperor; Exalt the Immortal Emperor; Revere the Immortal Emperor; Venerate the Immortal Emperor; Honour the Immortal Emperor; Glorify the Immortal Emperor; Praise the Immortal Emperor; Hail the Immortal Emperor; Worship the Immortal Emperor
For without Him we are Nothing.
Old 01 Jun 2005, 21:56   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I'm not a fan of using the humans because imperials will always hit them on a 3+.....
Old 01 Jun 2005, 22:01   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Ui Veta

Just don't fight an imperial! :P
The Emperor is our guiding light, a beacon of hope for humanity in a galaxy of darkness. As we serve him, he is our greatest servant. As we pray to him, his thoughts are only for us. And in the dark when the shadows threaten, the Emperor is with us, in spirit and in fact.

Adore the Immortal Emperor; Admire the Immortal Emperor; Exalt the Immortal Emperor; Revere the Immortal Emperor; Venerate the Immortal Emperor; Honour the Immortal Emperor; Glorify the Immortal Emperor; Praise the Immortal Emperor; Hail the Immortal Emperor; Worship the Immortal Emperor
For without Him we are Nothing.
Old 01 Jun 2005, 22:27   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to freaky_beef

Ok, well the standard I like to play is 1500-2000!

But in small games like that, it seems for me that I usualy will use a Rail Head, and 6 stealth. Those will be great additions to your team!

Btw, Mech Tau rocks, so use a Devilfish for every FW squad!
Old 01 Jun 2005, 22:41   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to wera Send a message via MSN to wera Send a message via Yahoo to wera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance
Fielded my army for the first time lastnight. Fought space marines and orks and kicked their ass (little thanks goes to my necron friends) It was CTF and I almost lost to the orks, but when just when the orks thought it was safe, HH gunship and crisis to the rescue! and by rescue I mean blow the hell out of them to the last man. I had to play without kroot since mine are unassembled, which was ok because I managed to stay out of cc except for my poor stealth team, which went down with a good fight.

We played played a 4 way game 750 pts. what's you guys' favorite army list that size?
I played 2 12x fire warriors, both bonded upgraded leaders, gave the leaders emp grenades (that's legal, right?)
6x stealth (only have six, sadly)
1x crisis TL missile pod, and one of the 5 pt upgrades
1x etheral
1x hh gunship rail cannon, target lock, multi tracker

worked pretty well, but next time I think I want to include kroot instead of one of the fire warrior teams.

also, Shadowdeth did you get my pm?
good job man!!!! !@!!
Old 02 Jun 2005, 04:26   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
I'm not a fan of using the humans because imperials will always hit them on a 3+.....
Only in assault, So don't let them get to close to you. ???
Old 02 Jun 2005, 12:56   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Dralok Send a message via MSN to Dralok

Quote:
Fought space marines and orks and kicked their ass (little thanks goes to my necron friends)
Necrons and Tau ;D
vs
Orks and SM ???

That is a sweet combo you had for your team. necron staying ability added to tau's powerful weapons O0. Good job on winning your first game. Unfortunatey i can say that i won my first game... :'( (mine was tau and SM vs Tyranids and eldar)

when you played, was it like... you set up on one side of your deployment zone accross from the orks and your buddy set up accross from the necrons on the other side or did you mix your units?

Shas'la-"Sir are you sure we shouldn't be running away from the Blood thirster?"
Shas'ui-"Of course not, dont you have complete faith in our ethreals? for the greater good... CHARGE!"

Old 02 Jun 2005, 13:31   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Good Work there Lance!

I play alot of 750 point games. I have two lists, one Mech and one Hybrid ( I actually have made several lists: one for 3+ save armies, Horde armies, one for an Eldar player with two WraithLords, and two all comers lists. All lists are very similar but they are not over specialized). I have had real good success with the Hybrid List. I can post either list if you want or both. Let me know what style of play you would like to go with.

My advice: Don't take all those up grades unless you have a specific job in mind for that unit. Plus Emp grenades have to taken by the whole unit, not just the leader.

If you have an Ethereal, you don't need to upgrade the leadership of the tau units. I don't use an Ethereal so my list is different. In these small games two units of Shas'la make a big difference. For example in a unit of 11, you need to lose 6 FW before you go below 50%.

WT

Without those upgrades, some cutting here and there and you can probably get one more Crisis in there.

Is the RailHead with SMS or Burst Cannon? How about DL?

WT
Eldar Blog http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59588.0
My Non-Breaking Flying base for http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59730.0
Old 02 Jun 2005, 13:39   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to RedMagnus

Also, grenades must be given to the entire unit.

Yeah, I play WoW. So sue me.
Closed Thread