Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

What's your favorite Tau unit?
View Poll Results: What's your favorite Tau unit?
Shas'o or Shas'el Commander 2 3.77%
Ethereal 1 1.89%
Crisis 5 9.43%
Stealth 14 26.42%
Fire Warriors 8 15.09%
Kroot (any Kroot) 5 9.43%
Gun Drones 1 1.89%
Pathfindes 3 5.66%
Broadsides 3 5.66%
Hammerhead 11 20.75%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 01 Jun 2005, 18:52   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Belgium, Burcht
Posts: 454
Send a message via MSN to Pisces_808
Default What's your favorite Tau unit?


What's your favorite Tau unit?
With which unit won't you go into battle?

For me it are the Broadsides,
- Twin linked plasma rifles with the twin-linked railguns for an extra few points
- or the smart missile system with the twin-linked railguns for the basic
Sign me up for these guys any time.

Greetz

__________________

Pisces_808 is offline  
Old 01 Jun 2005, 19:00   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,260
Default Re: What's your favorite Tau unit?

Path FINDES!

If you're going on favorite as in what unit I like the most, and not combat efficiency and gameplay value I gotta go with the marker light dudes.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Edwin
Also note I have 6 lord level HQ's leading 10 scouts.
Join the arena, and succumb to the eternal lust!
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=9054.0
ShadowDeth is offline  
Old 01 Jun 2005, 19:06   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Idaho
Posts: 762
Send a message via MSN to freaky_beef
Default Re: What's your favorite Tau unit?

Stealth, what else can move 6", shoot 3 str 5 shots, and then move again with the special stealth ability that makes it 2d6x3 for range. Not to mention infiltrate or deepstrike. Stealth are rad!
freaky_beef is offline  
Old 01 Jun 2005, 20:02   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Posts: 2,232
Default Re: What's your favorite Tau unit?

Pathfinders; here's why:
  • They're a specilized unit to use
  • They have 2 pt Markerlights! (in reality when compared to normal FireWarriors)
  • They have to take a Devilfish (that's good in my books)
  • They are the one and only trustworthy unit to throw around Seekers.
Shasel_Aunat is offline  
Old 01 Jun 2005, 20:05   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,937
Default Re: What's your favorite Tau unit?

yes pathfinders give that nice bs 5 to any unit that use there ML targets they helped me so much in games
__________________
Tau wins 38 tie 2 lost 8

Death Guard win 13 tie 0 lost 2

dark eldar wins 5 tie 0 lost 1
frankthetank is offline  
Old 01 Jun 2005, 20:18   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,260
Default Re: What's your favorite Tau unit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A'u'nat
Pathfinders; here's why:
  • They're a specilized unit to use
  • They have 2 pt Markerlights! (in reality when compared to normal FireWarriors)
  • They have to take a Devilfish (that's good in my books)
  • They are the one and only trustworthy unit to throw around Seekers.
You forgot ignoring cover saves with our top of the line weaponry.

Nothing is worse than firing an Ion cannon at some marines in rubble, and all three shots bouncing off them. >
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Edwin
Also note I have 6 lord level HQ's leading 10 scouts.
Join the arena, and succumb to the eternal lust!
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=9054.0
ShadowDeth is offline  
Old 01 Jun 2005, 20:28   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 90
Default Re: What's your favorite Tau unit?

I cast my vote on the Hammerhead. They have never ever let me down! Weather it be blowing up Russ's, or eschewing hordes of advancing Tyranids.. I will always find 160 points in my army to field one.

I find Railheads to be reliable in any circumstance- statisticly, they are as capable of taking out marines as an ion cannont, they rend holes in the ranks of advancing troops, they make tanks wish that they had some pimpin Eldar forcefields, and they are mobile!!

Though I cannot say that my heart belongs to the Railhead alone.. I also love Stealth Teams! They are just so.. so... awesome!
Muddy is offline  
Old 01 Jun 2005, 20:30   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Fenton, MI
Posts: 1,151
Default Re: What's your favorite Tau unit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy
I find Railheads to be reliable in any circumstance- statisticly, they are as capable of taking out marines as an ion cannon
... but cost 30 points more ... :-\
__________________
"i like to think of playing against my list as being like punching jelly. you put all your effort in but it just moves out of the way and you cause no damage. then your arm is covered in jelly. and the chicks come out and start wrestling in the jelly, and i drink a beer with stone cold steve austin, and we watch the chicks jelly wrestling, and then the slap-bass funk starts wakka chakka wakka wakka woh" -- Spooky, describing Mech Tau

"You can of course make a list that attempts to work via fragility and easy VP donation and Pathfinders fit into that just fine." -- kai
T0nkaTruckDriver is offline  
Old 01 Jun 2005, 20:40   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,260
Default Re: What's your favorite Tau unit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy
I cast my vote on the Hammerhead. They have never ever let me down! Weather it be blowing up Russ's, or eschewing hordes of advancing Tyranids.. I will always find 160 points in my army to field one.

I find Railheads to be reliable in any circumstance- statisticly, they are as capable of taking out marines as an ion cannont, they rend holes in the ranks of advancing troops, they make tanks wish that they had some pimpin Eldar forcefields, and they are mobile!!

Though I cannot say that my heart belongs to the Railhead alone.. I also love Stealth Teams! They are just so.. so... awesome!
You sure about that? Did you factor in any missed railgun shots into your calculations? It fails to his 32% of the time.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Edwin
Also note I have 6 lord level HQ's leading 10 scouts.
Join the arena, and succumb to the eternal lust!
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=9054.0
ShadowDeth is offline  
Old 01 Jun 2005, 20:51   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,937
Default Re: What's your favorite Tau unit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy
I cast my vote on the Hammerhead. They have never ever let me down! Weather it be blowing up Russ's, or eschewing hordes of advancing Tyranids.. I will always find 160 points in my army to field one.

I find Railheads to be reliable in any circumstance- statisticly, they are as capable of taking out marines as an ion cannont, they rend holes in the ranks of advancing troops, they make tanks wish that they had some pimpin Eldar forcefields, and they are mobile!!

Though I cannot say that my heart belongs to the Railhead alone.. I also love Stealth Teams! They are just so.. so... awesome!
You sure about that? Did you factor in any missed railgun shots into your calculations? It fails to his 32% of the time.

the way i roll 50%
__________________
Tau wins 38 tie 2 lost 8

Death Guard win 13 tie 0 lost 2

dark eldar wins 5 tie 0 lost 1
frankthetank is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Your favorite Unit the emperors flame General 40K 47 18 Mar 2007 23:03
What is your least favorite Ork unit and why? Hyena031 Orks 9 31 Jan 2007 21:08
What is your Favorite ork Unit and WHY? Hyena031 Orks 21 22 Jan 2007 03:50
Favorite Tau Unit! freaky_beef Tau 42 18 Apr 2005 20:54
Favorite tau unit compubrains Tau 33 10 Feb 2005 02:51