Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

XV8 Crisis suites vs lictors
Old 11 Mar 2009, 00:14   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default XV8 Crisis suites vs lictors

Hey everyone, i mainly play against my mate who has tyranids and he uses lictors which are a pain in the ass for me as they do often throw my plans off. Anywho i was reading this article here bout the army lists

http://www.tauonline.org/Article/99/HybridTau/

and under the crisis suite description in the 400pt army list it talks about how crisis suites are good at detecting hidden attacks like from lictors, can anyone verify this as i didn't realise they had this ability. And an explanation would be great too (or point me to where i can find the rules)
whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2009, 00:17   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to LoTide Send a message via MSN to LoTide
Default Re: XV8 Crisis suites vs lictors

Ah yes, the Acute Senses special rule comes with every tau battlesuit and stealthsuit. It should be under each suit's description. And as of 4th, they were capable of detecting sneaky units like Lictors, but i'm not sure about 5th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero - 55 BC
"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."
LoTide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2009, 00:41   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

IIRC that is no longer the case. Acute senses are now under the night vision special rules.

Thirty Seconds to Mars - Kings and Queens; Theme song of the Gue'vesa.
Fate13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2009, 01:24   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Tausand sun Send a message via Yahoo to Tausand sun

How do you lose the ability to detect something, I mean fluffwise, what did all the new XV8's start running windows?
"The Imperium has abandoned us brothers! And these blue-skinned "saviors" seek only to enslave us. Follow me and march to freedom so we might transform the galaxy into a peaceful place for all sentient species!" -- Commander Alexander of the 88th Aldarian Phoenix Regiment
Tausand sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2009, 04:22   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tausand sun
How do you lose the ability to detect something, I mean fluffwise, what did all the new XV8's start running windows?
They've always run windows, but now they run windows vista... :'(

Old 11 Mar 2009, 04:45   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Tausand sun Send a message via Yahoo to Tausand sun

Nice one. I'm tempted to ask seriously how you can justify this in the fluff but you just gave us a real world example of how it's actually possible.
"The Imperium has abandoned us brothers! And these blue-skinned "saviors" seek only to enslave us. Follow me and march to freedom so we might transform the galaxy into a peaceful place for all sentient species!" -- Commander Alexander of the 88th Aldarian Phoenix Regiment
Tausand sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2009, 05:20   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Don't get me wrong I am a windows fan and a life long PC user, but I swear Vista is the wrost OS to come out since windows ME.

Old 11 Mar 2009, 08:05   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

LMFAO! ;D haha thats awesome, so right now i know who to go after for ruining my crisis suite sensors. Dammn you microsoft! *shakes fist*
whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2009, 12:04   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Hey guys, can you cut down on the off-topic posts please?

As to the original poster, that article refers to the old 3rd Edition Tyranid and Catachan Codexes. Lictors and Catachans with the Ambush ability basically had to write down, on a piece of paper, where they were secretly hidden at the start of the game. Only a small amount of models in each army could 'detect' the hidden models before they chose to appear, and at the time the only Tau models that could, IIRC, were Crisis Suits.

That piece of advice refers to two outdated army lists and should be completely ignored.
[hr]
Masked Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2009, 17:00   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate13
Don't get me wrong I am a windows fan and a life long PC user, but I swear Vista is the wrost OS to come out since windows ME.
Since only XP came out between them, and XP had all the launch problems of Vista (with the UAC exception), I fail to see the point. My Vista runs fine (once I disabled UAC).

Back on topic: As Mask said. If you've had a chance to notice, the Auspex has been removed from the Space Marine armory (if I remember right, I don't remember seeing it), and will no doubt be removed from all other Imperial codex as they get their 5th Edition revamps. Bascially, it sounds as if GW has basically said "Bullox!" to the whole concept of Ambush in 40K and is removing it's counter as they go along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.
Charistoph is offline   Reply With Quote