Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

XV8 name...?
Old 05 Mar 2009, 20:04   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default XV8 name...?

OK i read the naming scheme thread (stickied) and couldn't figure out what to call my sucidal monat. (I'm not really interested in whether that idea is fluffy or not :P) . It is a XV8 armed with a fusion claster and twin linked flamer with HW multi tracker. Please help... I may have simply missed it, but I swear I saw nothing on what to call this combo! anyway thanks for the help.

Thirty Seconds to Mars - Kings and Queens; Theme song of the Gue'vesa.
Fate13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2009, 20:05   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: XV8 name...?

Funeral Pyre? :

Just add a failsafe detonator...
"Brothers in battle and blood, In oath and honor, In life and death, In faith and in truth. Brothers in the sight of the Emperor. So be it ever, as He-on-Terra wills. Amen." - Prayer of Initiation, Knights Revenant attr. Captain Lucius Faust, 597.M41

"'Death before dishonor.' This is our creed, our way of life and death. Bolstered by the faith of the immortal God-Emperor, we may go into battle without fear for self. We know that whatever sacrifice is made in the name of He-on-Terra is not made in vain. Our honor rests in our service to Him, and we could ask no greater reward than to rest at His side, having given our utmost in His name." -Captain Anborn Tohr, after the Siege of Hydrax III

viorlashasui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2009, 20:07   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by viorlashasui
Funeral Pyre? :

Just add a failsafe detonator...
Failsafe detonator DOESN'T work if your Crisis is a Mon'at. It doesn't explode if the Crisis is destroyed; it rather is destroyed if the Crisis lose a CC round, and are forced to retreat. The Failsafe makes sure they are not overrun.

Cheers,
-Bone
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2009, 20:09   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Put in some drones, and you solve that problem. I was really kidding, though.
"Brothers in battle and blood, In oath and honor, In life and death, In faith and in truth. Brothers in the sight of the Emperor. So be it ever, as He-on-Terra wills. Amen." - Prayer of Initiation, Knights Revenant attr. Captain Lucius Faust, 597.M41

"'Death before dishonor.' This is our creed, our way of life and death. Bolstered by the faith of the immortal God-Emperor, we may go into battle without fear for self. We know that whatever sacrifice is made in the name of He-on-Terra is not made in vain. Our honor rests in our service to Him, and we could ask no greater reward than to rest at His side, having given our utmost in His name." -Captain Anborn Tohr, after the Siege of Hydrax III

viorlashasui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2009, 20:14   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via Yahoo to GunSpider Send a message via Skype™ to GunSpider

Quote:
Originally Posted by viorlashasui
Put in some drones, and you solve that problem. I was really kidding, though.
Even if you give him drones...it still wouldn't work, because if he dies...the Drones are removed as casualties.
Old 05 Mar 2009, 20:21   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

While the attention to the build is apreciated, it isn't answering my post's question... I am experimenting with this as a deeps-strike style bare bones unit. No drones, no special issue gear not nothing, I only took the TL flamer to give it the ability to reroll wounds.

Old 05 Mar 2009, 20:26   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Well, I don't know... Deepstriking is rather risky with that sort of short-ranged weaponry, even if there's a Pathfinder APC in LoS.

As for a name... I like "Funeral Pyre" :P. Something with fire is definitely needed.

In general, I'd advise you against suicidal units like this. First of all, they are easy KPs (even though no self-respecting gamer should use them, they are usual in some places). Secondly, they take up a valuable Elite slot. I'd rather take a full unit of Crisis or Stealths in it's stead, mainly because they are more cost-effective.
Old 05 Mar 2009, 20:33   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

I was thinking of calling it a Blastforge, and i am planing on using it as a tank hunter or anti-barrage deepstrike unit. I know it is risky, and probably a waste, but I am curious to see how it works out.

Old 05 Mar 2009, 20:36   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via Yahoo to GunSpider Send a message via Skype™ to GunSpider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate13
I was thinking of calling it a Blastforge, and i am planing on using it as a tank hunter or anti-barrage deepstrike unit. I know it is risky, and probably a waste, but I am curious to see how it works out.
Though oddly enough I was about to suggest Blast Furnaceor the like...maybe simply Inferno
Old 05 Mar 2009, 20:40   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

What about "Burninator"? ;D