Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

First tournament: Epic Failure
Old 01 Mar 2009, 23:27   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Tausand sun Send a message via Yahoo to Tausand sun
Default First tournament: Epic Failure

well I learned a few things from two crushing defeats against Blood angels, and plague marines, and one draw with tyrannids.

- Call something immortal, and it will die, horribly, HORRIBLY, in hand to hand (six wounds on commander rolled four 1's) combat against marines.

- Shield drones suck where power weapons are involved

- alway stay at maximum weapon distance to avoid hand to hand.

-marines will not die... ever without massive volumes of ap 3 or better weaponry. I heard people tout the glory of massed fire but it just does not work.3+ saves are cruel

- Tyrannids die so quickly to a tau army that it's not even close to being funny. you know what else isn't even funny? how many you have to kill before they get to you.

-broadsides will be your best friend and the best marine killer you can possibly have.

Needless to say as my first tournament and first real games I lost, that's to be expected, but the whole thing was learning experience. The most important thing I learned.... Disruption pods are down right mean.

and the worst part of the whole thing, that I learned.... is kroot against marines.... do nothing, two games, no marines dead, 10 kroot wiped off the board, Screw kroot, I want my fire warriors.
"The Imperium has abandoned us brothers! And these blue-skinned "saviors" seek only to enslave us. Follow me and march to freedom so we might transform the galaxy into a peaceful place for all sentient species!" -- Commander Alexander of the 88th Aldarian Phoenix Regiment
Tausand sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2009, 00:29   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to xShaperx
Default Re: First tournament: Epic Failure

Try running 20+man mobs of Kroot that Outflank. Throw some Hounds in there too. They'll put the hurt on for less than 150pts most of the time.

And yes, Marines are hard as nails but if you can avoid them closing into CC they're not so bad.

Broadsides are pretty damn good. /agree

Shas'ui Kel'shan Mont'au Mal'caor: The Terror Spider of Kel'shan

www.myspace.com/nathanhotdog
xShaperx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2009, 01:05   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

I think next game I'm going to use a tactic of a three man TL Plasma rifle team with TA, then close in with some FW with a devilfish, dump out the FW's and Rapid fire with some marker light hits.

I'm considering dropping the tank and going all broadside for my armor removal
"The Imperium has abandoned us brothers! And these blue-skinned "saviors" seek only to enslave us. Follow me and march to freedom so we might transform the galaxy into a peaceful place for all sentient species!" -- Commander Alexander of the 88th Aldarian Phoenix Regiment
Old 02 Mar 2009, 01:20   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Kroots' best defense is their numbers as it was pointed out before. Anything less then 17 kroot isn't going to last long against anything, due to low/no armor save. Personally I run three monat Broadside teams with two sheild drones, plasma rifles, A.S.S. and HW multi-traker each. It may apear to be a point sink, but 390 points total for the entire heavey waepons slot, I think isn't to bad. Pluss they are impossible to kill and desimate smurfs.

Thirty Seconds to Mars - Kings and Queens; Theme song of the Gue'vesa.
Fate13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2009, 01:24   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

uh.... smurfs?
Old 02 Mar 2009, 02:02   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to LiinSivi Send a message via Yahoo to LiinSivi

Smurfs = Ultramarines... smurf (blue) marines

Kind of a derogatory term for those whom we love to hate.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his" --George S. Patton
LiinSivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2009, 02:14   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Is there a general reason people hate the marines, cause I hate them for the fluff, Tyrants and religious bigots one and all
Old 02 Mar 2009, 02:35   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Power wpns have no effect on a sheild drone since they have and still get their inv save.

Kroot need hounds and numbers to be effective. The hounds have a higher iniative then marines and will ge to strike first. After they kill one or two marines you kill off the hounds for the wounds that you take. This then allows the kroot to get their attacks still. 10 Kroot will get mopped by 10 marines no problem any day...even 5 marines will wipe them. Your fire warriors will fair even worse in close cbt against marines.

If your broadside are taking pot shots at marines you are wasting them if their is armour of any kind on the table. They are the best anti tank unit in the game.

Post up your list and let us help you out with it. Also realize that you are playing one of the hardest armies in the game right now. Tau are a highly tactical army and one mistake for them can spell doom.
Hyena031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2009, 02:49   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

I already posted it in the army list section it's my newest post there.
Old 02 Mar 2009, 03:04   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Your list has a series of A and B blocks which did you use and what point value were you using.
Hyena031 is offline   Reply With Quote