Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Enclave Army Question
Old 25 Feb 2009, 20:33   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Enclave Army Question

One of the perks of an army that includes Farsight is that you are supposed to get free bonding knives. It says that any model that has access to the armory receives a free bonding knife. Does this mean that to get one of these free bonding knives in a squad of fire warriors, you need a shas'ui? Technically emp and photon grenades are armory items and you don't need a shas'ui to access them.
KrakenBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2009, 21:41   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard
Default Re: Enclave Army Question

Yes, since only the shas'ui have access to it.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2009, 23:38   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Jedibean

RULES LAWYER!! haha... but seriously, you do need a shas'ui to get the free bonding knife since only a shas'ui can take a bonding knife.
Jedibean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2009, 23:43   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

hmm guess tau arent as brotherly as they could be, why is it only one person can bring them together ;D <whistles innocently>

greater good my arse
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2009, 23:50   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
RULES LAWYER!! haha... but seriously, you do need a shas'ui to get the free bonding knife since only a shas'ui can take a bonding knife.
I disagree. It explicitly states that every model in the army gets a free bonding knife. This leads me to believe that all the models are considered bonded, even if they lack an 'ui.
LOL=== []\
L \ \
\_________\
| |
-------------/
leatherback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2009, 23:57   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherback
Quote:
I disagree. It explicitly states that every model in the army gets a free bonding knife. This leads me to believe that all the models are considered bonded, even if they lack an 'ui.
Read it more closely. It says every infantry model with access to the armory (wargear) gets the bonding knife. That's just squad-leaders, the ethereal, commanders, and technically their bodyguards. I've never seen it happen, but I suppose in a Farsight list, if Farsight himself fell and so did half of his bodyguards, and they fell back, they would be able to regroup as long as there was a single shas'vre standing.

Keep in mind, though, that this is from a 4th edition codex where you could guarantee (except for Torrent of Fire rules) that the guy with the knife was the last one standing. You can no longer come close to guaranteeing that.
knightperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2009, 00:39   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Tausand sun Send a message via Yahoo to Tausand sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsi
hmm guess tau arent as brotherly as they could be, why is it only one person can bring them together ;D <whistles innocently>

greater good my D'yi
*coughredsoviettyrantdictatorscough* or something like that.
"The Imperium has abandoned us brothers! And these blue-skinned "saviors" seek only to enslave us. Follow me and march to freedom so we might transform the galaxy into a peaceful place for all sentient species!" -- Commander Alexander of the 88th Aldarian Phoenix Regiment
Tausand sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2009, 15:26   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightperson
Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherback
Quote:
Read it more closely. It says every infantry model with access to the armory (wargear) gets the bonding knife. That's just squad-leaders, the ethereal, commanders, and technically their bodyguards. I've never seen it happen, but I suppose in a Farsight list, if Farsight himself fell and so did half of his bodyguards, and they fell back, they would be able to regroup as long as there was a single shas'vre standing.

Keep in mind, though, that this is from a 4th edition codex where you could guarantee (except for Torrent of Fire rules) that the guy with the knife was the last one standing. You can no longer come close to guaranteeing that.
Yes it does say this. Emp and photon grenades are armory items and you don't need a leader to put those on your models. It states it as if it were on a model by model basis. I would tend to think that if anything has the ability to take any kind of upgrade from the armory, then they would get the bonding knife.
KrakenBlue is offline   Reply With Quote