Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Crisis Suits
Old 15 Feb 2009, 00:20   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Crisis Suits

So, I did something stupid. I went in to my local hobby store to buy a thing of green stuff and two pots of paint. I saw a crisis suit lying on the shelf, surprising since there's normally very little Tau stuff at the store besides Fire Warriors, Kroot, and the occasional Sniper Drone set. So I ended up getting the crisis suit, spending the money I was saving for a Lizardmen Cold One Cavalry regiment >.<

Since the resident warham workers were sick today, I couldn't get an answer to my question, but the crisis suit in question was an XV8 Crisis Suit with 2 gun drones. Does this count as an HQ? If it is, I suppose I could keep it and find some more money for the cavalry, but if it isn't then I don't really have a reason to keep it, at least not at the moment.
Foxxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Feb 2009, 00:34   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Crisis Suits

um.. you can use that model as either an elite choice of an HQ, technically it's the former (GW sell a seperate commander XV8 box) but there's very little difference between them.

I mean there's 1 difference besides the weapon options and thats just a helmet change.

I'm curious, what made you get it? I've never thought of the Crisis suits as being very nice models?
Old 15 Feb 2009, 00:37   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Tausand sun Send a message via Yahoo to Tausand sun

well Yes and no, for all intents and purposes, yes it does but it doesn't have the funky looking head gear that most commanders do. However that's usually fine, in fact my commander has no advance comm gear (if thats even what it is.) and all the special war gear you get with the commander box that I put on him is converted gear. NOW, on to the why it's a NO, I have no clue if they will let you use it in tournaments like that.
"The Imperium has abandoned us brothers! And these blue-skinned "saviors" seek only to enslave us. Follow me and march to freedom so we might transform the galaxy into a peaceful place for all sentient species!" -- Commander Alexander of the 88th Aldarian Phoenix Regiment
Tausand sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Feb 2009, 00:43   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

What kind of weapon options do I miss out on? I'm starting to lean towards returning it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonagon
I'm curious, what made you get it? I've never thought of the Crisis suits as being very nice models?
I got it because all I have right now is a Fire Warrior team, and if I had an HQ, I'd be able to play with my friends using AoBR and some of my lizardmen as counts-as, just among friends, to be able to see how the Tau play.
Foxxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Feb 2009, 00:54   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Tausand sun Send a message via Yahoo to Tausand sun

ah okay, well IMO without a DF or two your not really going to see how the tau really do business, we're all about both mobile firepower and heavy long range warfare and in the case of the hammerhead, both. But with an XV8 as your commader I think you'll see one of our other pros, cusomizability. We can beat almost any army, if we know what we're going up against.
"The Imperium has abandoned us brothers! And these blue-skinned "saviors" seek only to enslave us. Follow me and march to freedom so we might transform the galaxy into a peaceful place for all sentient species!" -- Commander Alexander of the 88th Aldarian Phoenix Regiment
Tausand sun is offline   Reply With Quote