Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

New codex shift
Old 11 Feb 2009, 21:37   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Tausand sun Send a message via Yahoo to Tausand sun
Default New codex shift

Okay in the next codex, would you rather see

A) more ability for tau to tailor their lists to specific enemies, which would drop tournament ability

B) ability for more all comers units/ stats change/ abilities.

personally, i'm not a tournament guy and I like using advanced intel to tailor my lists but thats just me.
"The Imperium has abandoned us brothers! And these blue-skinned "saviors" seek only to enslave us. Follow me and march to freedom so we might transform the galaxy into a peaceful place for all sentient species!" -- Commander Alexander of the 88th Aldarian Phoenix Regiment
Tausand sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2009, 21:51   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: New codex shift

Well I don't go for tournments. The most I might do is invite a couple friends over and we have a massive 3 way fight so I guess I'll go for more more "more ability for tau to tailor their lists to specific enemies".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyndmyr
Things I miss: Sane Anubis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin Archer
"So, what you're saying is that you need someone dumber . . . You may have come to the right place." -Col. Jack O'Neil
DemiGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2009, 22:05   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Jedibean

I would really like to see more mobility and more general purpose all comers abilities. The biggest problem that I see in the Tau army right now is that their shooting isn't really so devestating that we deserve to get wiped out as badly in assault as we do. As such Tau shooting should become truly terrifying in the next Codex. That's what I'd like to see...
Jedibean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2009, 22:10   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
I would really like to see more mobility and more general purpose all comers abilities. The biggest problem that I see in the Tau army right now is that their shooting isn't really so devestating that we deserve to get wiped out as badly in assault as we do. As such Tau shooting should become truly terrifying in the next Codex. That's what I'd like to see...
Ya, GW should either even out our CC skills or make our BS something like 4 (about 3+ to hit) without a marker light for FW's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyndmyr
Things I miss: Sane Anubis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin Archer
"So, what you're saying is that you need someone dumber . . . You may have come to the right place." -Col. Jack O'Neil
DemiGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2009, 22:12   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to LordZanuu

I would like to see the initiative of Ethereals and FW increased by 2 and 1 respectively,
I think it would be great for more mobility, or a new vehicle, like a Pirahna, but with wings at the back as well, so it can carry 4 drones. I might post a picture when I make it.

There are loads of topics talking about BS4 FW. The best idea that I heard would be to use a 10 sided dice, with MEQs have BS6, Tau BS5 and GEQ BS4, sound good?
The reason Tau have BS3 is that they have a very short lifespan, so cannot train as much; also they cannot focus their eyes onto objects quite as fast as Space Marines, Eldar, etc.

I think it is very unlikely that GW would basically change the way the whole game works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapter Master Seth
you can never go wrong with a little promethium.
Your resident MathHammerererer-er.
LordZanuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2009, 22:19   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

My arhania game rules system* use 3D3 some of the time for shooting. My stats are max. 12.

*Absolutely nothing to do with 40k, it's an entirely seperate game, bigger models, on stands, played a bit like a large scale LOTR or WHFB.

[I do not wish this account to be deleted, but I will no longer be posting much]

03/Feb/13
FrisbeeForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2009, 23:37   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Ya, GW should either even out our CC skills or make our BS something like 4 (about 3+ to hit) without a marker light for FW's.
Hence why the markerlights should be spammable in the next edition to kill coversave, like what i posted in another thread, this would kill 2-birds-with-one-stone and help in all areas of combat.
MentosMkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2009, 23:46   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Tausand sun Send a message via Yahoo to Tausand sun

Well i agree with the majority of people who say that we shouldn't get BS 4 as that's reserved for the really good naturally, or genetically modified (though I guess you could say the Tau fire warriors are more heavily genetically modified than space marines via selective breeding) but definately make pathfinders cheaper and not be forced to take a devilfish. I'd also like to see some of our skimmers become fast like the DF or at least a cheaper DF, but no hammerhead, that'd just be sick and wrong. but also, I'd like to see an assault 10 weapon on our side something high rate of fire, - ap for hoard/ enemies in cover, and a variant broadside with two railguns, non twinlinked. something cool for crisis suits too.

P.S. before anyone gets excited about assault 10 weapons, let me remind you the guard, are getting a heavy 20 weapon in the new codex on a vehicle. I think it's str 5 too.
"The Imperium has abandoned us brothers! And these blue-skinned "saviors" seek only to enslave us. Follow me and march to freedom so we might transform the galaxy into a peaceful place for all sentient species!" -- Commander Alexander of the 88th Aldarian Phoenix Regiment
Tausand sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Feb 2009, 00:20   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Unusualsuspect Send a message via MSN to Unusualsuspect

Devilfish aren't Fast.

And the guard are RUMORED to get the weapon you mentioned... though honestly, that's the first i've ever heard of it, so its either a very recent rumor or its an unsubtantiated (and thus rarely mentioned) one.
Old 12 Feb 2009, 00:26   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

I surrender! 8)

20....? sounds bogus, more apocalypse then anything.
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote