Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

A army that uses human aux. O'shovah and some ethereals
Old 11 Feb 2009, 07:33   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default A army that uses human aux. O'shovah and some ethereals

This is more what I wish tau was like. It uses the adversaries of the witchhunters rules and units. unless my math is off it should be 1500 points.

Hq
O'shovah- Figure if I got outcast humans might as well have outcast tau.
bodyguard- plasma, shield gen, positional relay Hw. controller w/2 shield drones
Apostate cardinal- Figured I would use my ethereal model for this as they fill a similar role. If you want he can have a free random psychic power which could be some kind of near arcane tau artifact that ethereals use.
Potifex guards- x5 power swords, shields figure a 5 man squad of honor blade and integrated shield gen having ethereals could be a nice stand in.

Troops
Fire warrior-x12 team leader bonded
Fire warrior-x12 team leader bonded
Traitors- flamer, rest las pistols and ccw Agitator with bolt pistol and power weapon.
Traitors- flamer, rest las pistols and ccw Agitator with bolt pistol and power weapon.

Elites
stealthsuits-x6 team leader bonded
crisis-x2 twin missile pods, blacksun filter

heavy
hammerhead- railgun, sms, multitracker, T. lock, D. pod

So any ideas on it I kind of like it but too say the least it looks like it needs a good bit of polishing. The only thing is I had too use the old chaos marine codex because i don't have the new one and wasn't sure if it even had the same upgrades as the old one. So I figure the traitor squads might be a bit off point wise.
Old 11 Feb 2009, 08:38   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: A army that uses human aux. O'shovah and some ethereals

Ah, interesting. You could try the the LATD references if need be to. But if I recall dont agitators have a limit on armory contests? 10 pts or so?

---edit correction 15...lucky they take the non hq slot hehe. I suppose for what you pay the bolt pistol is alright, +1 ccw.

http://ca.games-workshop.com/Communi...lostdamned.pdf

The references are outdated, but the old chaos dex is in mind for this. Chaos doesnt have as much shopping mall goodness as they did last codex, but they still have some goodies.

Although I cant really tell how many #s your traitors run.

pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2009, 20:06   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: A army that uses human aux. O'shovah and some ethereals

yea the bolt pistols was more because I had 2 points left than anything. With any luck though I will be able to play a few proxy games with it against a friend and see how it all goes. Not sure about O'shovah unless I bumped the army up in points and gave him some more suits it might be easier too take a normal tau list and add some kroot and suits to the mix. So many new things too play with