Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

DP lash? we're tau, whats the big deal?
Old 10 Feb 2009, 23:48   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Tausand sun Send a message via Yahoo to Tausand sun
Default DP lash? we're tau, whats the big deal?

Been hearing alot of whining about the twin lashes, I don't get what the big deal is, to my knowledge the best thing you can put them on still has T 5 ( instant kill by our railguns). so, what's the beef? is there something i'm missing here, does the lash grant immunity to instant death somehow? because even with wings these demon princes seem like nothing more than clay pidgeons before the might of our broadsides and especially with pathfinders.
"The Imperium has abandoned us brothers! And these blue-skinned "saviors" seek only to enslave us. Follow me and march to freedom so we might transform the galaxy into a peaceful place for all sentient species!" -- Commander Alexander of the 88th Aldarian Phoenix Regiment
Tausand sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2009, 23:53   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Hoarday
Default Re: DP lash? we're tau, whats the big deal?

Because they move your suits and firewarriors into vulnerable positions to be templated or assaulted with ease. Daemons of all sorts are immune to instant death if I recall coreectly as well.
Old 10 Feb 2009, 23:55   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

it only has 4 wounds, you just kill the dang thing, it can't be that hard, we have plasma cannons for crying out loud, I mean anyone tried nine broadsides yet to see what kind of punishment that can bring forth? 1500 pt army 9 BS with PR, MT, team leader DC 2 shield drones, 3 x 8 firewarrior teams each with a fish a small pathfinder team and a centurion commander.
"The Imperium has abandoned us brothers! And these blue-skinned "saviors" seek only to enslave us. Follow me and march to freedom so we might transform the galaxy into a peaceful place for all sentient species!" -- Commander Alexander of the 88th Aldarian Phoenix Regiment
Old 11 Feb 2009, 00:03   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to xShaperx

Well they've got eternal warrior, but yes Daemon Princes are very easy to take out. Just have to pour on the fire.

What makes x2 Lash gross v Tau is it messes with your carefully placed positions, and in a Tau army, there is very VERY little room to make mistakes. One wrong placement can throw your whole game. A lash feeding your Shas'O and Bodyguard into a combat they can't win? That's bad. A Lash feeding your Kroot squad against a Dreadnought or Defiler? That's bad. A lash moving your Broadsides or sniper teams behind a piece of solid cover so they need to waste a turn of movement to fire? That's bad.

There are MANY things the Lash can do to a Tau army. Against a Lash list I would target the Prince/Sorceror first. Everything else would be secondary.

Shas'ui Kel'shan Mont'au Mal'caor: The Terror Spider of Kel'shan

www.myspace.com/nathanhotdog
xShaperx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2009, 00:07   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

And if you a pouring al that fire into daemon princes, it isn't ging into the rhino with the bezerkers, or the plague marines on the objective, or the oncoming vindicator... The list goes on...
limpchickeninabizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2009, 00:25   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to xShaperx

The Plague marines will be sitting on that objective for the next few turns and can be dealt with later. The Berzerkers in the Rhino can't assault out of it, but are the next biggest threat. And a Vindicator has to close into 24" to start lobbing shells, and can be dealt with by a Crisis team or a Railgun.

The list ISN'T that scary after you take out the two princes, or even just one. Once the key players are dead, the list has no teeth and falls apart in short order. Believe me, I play Chaos as well, and its not all that big and scary as its made out to be.

Take out the head and the body dies.

Shas'ui Kel'shan Mont'au Mal'caor: The Terror Spider of Kel'shan

www.myspace.com/nathanhotdog
xShaperx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2009, 00:25   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Exactly, while you've spent almost 900 pts on 9 broadsides to take out that one (or two) daemon princes, the rest of your opponents army is still there ready to make mince meat out of you. Part of the problem is it's a small package doing a great deal of harm to you.
Old 11 Feb 2009, 00:29   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

well it's only about 680 points, and less than half of that is what you need to take down the prince, the others you point toward your other threats like transports, and space marines.
Old 11 Feb 2009, 00:35   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Dezart Fox

Lash isn't that scary, not in 5th, as they're then stuck in front of your entire army. Most people use lash as soon as they can, I played one dude who had two, and used it to move a unit of kroot foward so he could charge them with both.. as you can imagine the kroot died horribly. But so did the princes as they now sat in front of my plasma and missile pod heavy army :P

Dezart Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2009, 00:38   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Jedibean

Yeah, Lash Daemon Princes aren't that bad. As a matter of fact their easy to deal with... You can hit them with all sorts of massed fire and their armor and invulnerable saves aren't that good. The problem is that when you have someone who is smart enough to use a lash sorcerer in terminator armor and then stick them inside of a unit of 10 terminators with Mark of Tzeentch. 10 wounds with 2+ armor and a 4+ invulnerable save is pretty damn tough to kill anyway you cut it. Especially if it deepstrikes onto the table right where they need to be without scattering. Another popular move is having a lash sorcerer with a jump pack in a squad of raptors. He can move 12" everyturn and then lash another 24" effectively giving his lash of submission a 36" range. It's absolutely brutal. And if he's in a squad of up to 20 raptors that he can jump out of at any time it's pretty ridiculously tough to deal with.

Using Daemon princes against Tau is overkill and inefficient. They're close combat monsters. The thing is that you dont need close combat monsters to beat Tau in close combat with Chaos Space Marines. It's like using a Hammer to swat flies. Anything in the Chaos Space Marine army will beat Tau in Close combat. The people who really know how to Tailor a list will use Lash Sorc w/ jump pack and Lash Sorc in terminator armor in the aforementioned units. It's impossible to deal with.
Jedibean is offline   Reply With Quote