Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

DP lash? we're tau, whats the big deal?
Old 11 Feb 2009, 00:41   #11 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to xShaperx
Default Re: DP lash? we're tau, whats the big deal?

Typically I run my Lash Sorceror with Wings (just one) by himself, and have him hide behind my Land Raider and use it as mobile cover. As long as you're smart about the placement he shouldn't get shot at until his work is already done.

I'm not a fan of the Lash Prince, or double Lash. It's too many points into a one trick pony. It's sort of like having more Pathfinders with markerlights than you have guns to benefit from them. Too much support, not enough guns to back it up.

Shas'ui Kel'shan Mont'au Mal'caor: The Terror Spider of Kel'shan

www.myspace.com/nathanhotdog
xShaperx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2009, 01:21   #12 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I really don't know what everyone is worried about. The only lashes i'm worried about are the 5 Lashes useable by the Chaos Daemons army. Not the 2 useable by the CSM.
ct_drummer_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2009, 01:27   #13 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Tausand sun Send a message via Yahoo to Tausand sun

Okay 2 lashes aren't that scary to me, you kill the little dude with some massed plasma or MP fire, but 5! that's a bit of a different story, unless they're in sqauds of 10, then you're already killing other stuff along with the lashes..... anybody have any idea how it got the name lash? I mean it's not really whipping anything ... or bringing them to submission.
"The Imperium has abandoned us brothers! And these blue-skinned "saviors" seek only to enslave us. Follow me and march to freedom so we might transform the galaxy into a peaceful place for all sentient species!" -- Commander Alexander of the 88th Aldarian Phoenix Regiment
Tausand sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2009, 01:51   #14 (permalink)
Shas'El

Its moving them around, kinda curling the end of the whip to bring them closer...

Its representing Slaanesh's ability to make someone lust for them, bring them around, make them do what you want...
limpchickeninabizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2009, 01:54   #15 (permalink)
Shas'El

Shouldn't Tau be immune to that, you know, the whole teaching/indoctrination/brainwashing of "the greater good" and all that
"The Imperium has abandoned us brothers! And these blue-skinned "saviors" seek only to enslave us. Follow me and march to freedom so we might transform the galaxy into a peaceful place for all sentient species!" -- Commander Alexander of the 88th Aldarian Phoenix Regiment
Old 11 Feb 2009, 02:07   #16 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Jedibean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tausand sun
Shouldn't Tau be immune to that, you know, the whole teaching/indoctrination/brainwashing of "the greater good" and all that
Apparently no... I've mentioned this before. Tau are the psychic whipping boys of 40k. They have no psychic powers, nothing to counter it and nothing to make up for it. It's probably one of the biggest oversites in our codex and in our fluff. There is literally nothing that the Tau can do about psychic powers except kill the psycher using them. But that isn't always possible in a lot of situations.
Jedibean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2009, 02:13   #17 (permalink)
Shas'El

I mean fluff wise, with the brainwashing of the greater good, wouldn't that make mind control a bit hard?
Old 11 Feb 2009, 02:28   #18 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to xShaperx

No, probably not. Sort of like when the Horus Heresy happened.

The Emperor: "There are no gods. Religion is a joke. Don't worry about the Warp."
Everybody else: "K."

:h god chaos wtf oh god we're all dead gtfo oh god::

Everybody else: "Hm. I think he was lying to us"
/brainwashing broken

Shas'ui Kel'shan Mont'au Mal'caor: The Terror Spider of Kel'shan

www.myspace.com/nathanhotdog
xShaperx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2009, 02:31   #19 (permalink)
Shas'El

But it could also represent an ethereal calling them over, or a family member, or thier deepest desires... It doesnt matter how brainwashed someone is, it can always be broken.
limpchickeninabizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2009, 05:09   #20 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I find it somewhat amusing that people are disappointed in Tau's overall competitiveness, yet don't really see a double lash list as much of a threat...

A little food for thought (I play both tau and CSM, and both as competitively as possible);

-first, railgunsdo not insta kill princes; they have immunity to instant death through their "eternal warrior" special rule. Stop spreading this nonsense

-second, although princes are not especially tough (a 12 man squad of firewarriors should do 2 wounds a turn of shooting in short range, and 1 in long) they make excellent magnets. Sitting one behind a rhino gets it a 4+ cover, meaning that a 3 man broadside team should get a bit over 1 woundper turn of shooting. That means they aren't shooting the two possessed vindicators dropping str10 ap2 pie plates on your crisis suits, nor are they taking out the 2-3 oblits that are wandering around the board. It's easy to deal with one portion of any army, but the strength of double lash CSM is that you MUST ignore other powerful elements of the list to handle the most immediate threat. Any powered up double lash list should fare extremely well against tau.
VV1LD is offline   Reply With Quote