Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Chaos Tau (Read before replying)
View Poll Results: Chaos Tau - Fluff reason
No way it can ever happen! Never! 43 41.75%
Want to get information on chaos to "vet" as to whether they could join the empire 8 7.77%
They deserted the empire and joined a chaos warband for phyiscal spoils and for the thrill of violence 11 10.68%
Their ethereals got killed and the tau became intergrated at a "slave-like" level, but then prgresses up the warband hierarchy to *semi-repsected* troops 16 15.53%
Other (please specify) 10 9.71%
Who cares why! 15 14.56%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 05 Feb 2009, 17:03   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Chaos Tau (Read before replying)

I am not suggesting tau turning to chaos. Quite the opposite...

Fluff:
Tau encounter some 'recruiting' chaos. Chaos say "join us" Tau say "Nope, join us" Chaos say "No, we will now kill you" and kill them. Later more tau come and say "we have seen no alternative but to join you" - they're lying you see - and so infiltrate a chaos warband to find out about this strange group of evil dudes. Tau don't seem to have a lot of contact with chaos, so they will investigate and try to provide information to the rest of the empire about just how big 'this whole chaos thing' is.

Modelling:
Tau that have *supposedly* given in to chaos and therefor have got spikes on their armour and stuff (so that they fit in) and generally (try to) look menacing.

Just a thought. Don't yell at me if you don't like it

[I do not wish this account to be deleted, but I will no longer be posting much]

03/Feb/13
Old 05 Feb 2009, 18:04   #2 (permalink)
-Pim-

Default Re: Chaos Tau (Read before replying)

its a possibility. the only doubt i have is with the whole infiltration in chaos. correct me if i'm wrong but i thought tau ain't a species that does that kind of things. Also(again correct me) troops of chaos are corrupted by the chaosgods so you could make a tau sept that is corrupted by chaos after some fluffwisething happend.

the moddeling possibilities might be very interesting.

Old 05 Feb 2009, 18:09   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Hmm.... while I can see where the models can look pretty cool, I am not sure if the Tau would go down this path.

The Tau seem to more rely on their technology then on visual observation. I can forsee them spying on Chaos, but to join then and then observe seem to be a little bit on the dangerous side and I don't see the Tau throwing away units just to get information and if those Chaos find out, or a greater demon comes in and sees the true intentions of the Tau, that's one less unit of Tau to fight for the greater good.

No. What I am saying is that my Air Support has lots of Ground Cadre.

If a Land Raider dies to a rail gun, and no one was around to see it, does the kill point still exist?
Old 05 Feb 2009, 18:12   #4 (permalink)
Monkey Boy

Tau don't get corruped by chaos (as far as I know) as tau lack the psychic gene, so the chaos gods can't whisper in their heads. Also I'm not sure about infiltrating Tau, but the modelling concept seems very cool and will probably produce some ace mini's!

Old 05 Feb 2009, 18:18   #5 (permalink)
-Pim-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Boy
Tau don't get corruped by chaos (as far as I know) as tau lack the psychic gene, so the chaos gods can't whisper in their heads. Also I'm not sure about infiltrating Tau, but the modelling concept seems very cool and will probably produce some ace mini's!
then i will withdraw my comment about the corruption and will ask FrisbeeForLunch that if he ever gets to moddeling an choas-tau unit to post a picture online cause im curious to the result.

Old 05 Feb 2009, 18:20   #6 (permalink)
Monkey Boy

I think Tau in a chaos scheme with a dirty spike comming out if his shoulder pad would look awesome!! I second the posting pics thing!

Old 05 Feb 2009, 18:56   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to LordZanuu

Good idea, well thought out, but I don't think Chaos are the sort of peeps that say "Hey, you over there, come hang around with us!!" but more like "What's that over there? Tau!! Kill, Maim, Burn!!"
I also don't think that Tau would even appear to give in, they would think that Chaos are standing in the way of the Greater Good and try and kill them with no avail; as Chaos number in the quadrillions (probably).
But the modelling aspect of it would be awesome, I might try it as my friend plays Chaos and we are going to enter a doubles tournament in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapter Master Seth
you can never go wrong with a little promethium.
Your resident MathHammerererer-er.
Old 05 Feb 2009, 19:06   #8 (permalink)
-Pim-

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordZanuu
I might try it as my friend plays Chaos and we are going to enter a doubles tournament in the near future.
combining tau and chaos can be very strong because chaos can bring alot of CC power to the battlefield

Old 05 Feb 2009, 19:08   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to LordZanuu

The only team that we have lost against as a pair is Eldar and Chaos. Now that is a team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapter Master Seth
you can never go wrong with a little promethium.
Your resident MathHammerererer-er.
Old 05 Feb 2009, 19:33   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

I know it may be a little against their personalities, but it's not a bad idea, aye? I look forward to converting a few fire warriors...

I was thinking, just as a guidline for the kind of visual theme:

Possibility one: Centre of tau symbol on left shoulder pad has an elongated, organic horn coming out of it. Symbol is not totally obscured, but the horn is significant. They have a chain wrapped around their right arm, and carry a pulse carbine in that hand. The other hand holds a skull.

Possibility two: Left hand replaced with a bionic claw (or possibly just a huge metal claw-type glove over a normal tau hand). Right hand holds pulse rifle facing upwards. It has a skull adorning the barrel (like the chaos heavy bolters and lascannons with teeth on the end).

Possibilty three: Bolt pistol in right hand. Stands on a body or corpse of some kind. Has spikes on the backpack, a little like chaos terminators. May have alternate backpack.

Another fluff idea is that they could be some of Farsight's guys, but they've decided they don't like Shovah (and his necron buddies?) - but don't like the tau empire either - so are joining a small-time chaos warband purely for the physical spoils.

Possibility four An XV15 or XV25 stealthsuit. Backpack/jumppack has chaos spikes sticking up. Left hand has a power flail or something.

Possibility five A fire warrior. 8-pointed star painted on teh chest armour. Carries a great big chainsword in both hands! Now THAT is cool.

I am definately going to make these. Will upload soon as possible. Would you like W.I.P/unpainted images as well as the eventual finished thing?

P.S I have converted guardsmen to chaos before. I had actual organic mutations on these though, for the tau - because they are virtually immune to the warp they won't have any. But even so, I gave one an extra half-head and mutated the sergeant to have the chainsword growing out of his arm where the hand should be. Can't remember what the others where.

Chaos-themed Tau conversions and pictures will come. What forum/category do you want them in? Or just this thread?

[I do not wish this account to be deleted, but I will no longer be posting much]

03/Feb/13
Closed Thread