Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

tau forge world
Closed Thread
Old 23 May 2005, 19:05   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default tau forge world

what modles are availible for tau form forge world, and are they any good? what are there uses?
Old 23 May 2005, 19:11   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: tau forge world

See this thread.
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=7313.0

There are also new battlesuit models available, although we do not yet know the rules for them.* The new special character Shas'O isn't on there yet, either, but we aren't sure if his rules are final.
Old 23 May 2005, 20:02   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Im pretty sure one of them has a 2+ save because the description said better armour.
Old 23 May 2005, 20:23   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanaris
See this thread.
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=7313.0

There are also new battlesuit models available, although we do not yet know the rules for them.* The new special character Shas'O isn't on there yet, either, but we aren't sure if his rules are final.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3n4m31zm1k3
Im pretty sure one of them has a 2+ save because the description said better armour.
Indeed do view the thread Khanaris pointed out as i spent a reasonable amount of time and effort putting that together. And just to be clear for you ahstbn other than the models from the upcoming Taros campaign that thread has every forgeworld mode for the Tau and Krootl.

Also regarding the models from the Taros campaign, including the new special character Shas'o Ry'mr , all of the models from the campaign will have an entry in there once the rules are published. Even though Ry'mr's experimental rules are there i decided to hold back and do him at the same time as the rest of the new battlesuits (and the Tigershark AX-10) from the Taros campaign. Which makes sense, of course i could speculate for the time being like Th3n4m31zm1k3 (why do you have such a difficult name to type? Joke by the way) was doing but thats abit of a waste of my time and could be misleading to some.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau-killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Winston Churchill on 23rd August 1940
Never in the field of human satire were so many made to feel so humble by so much acid wit
GOT IT! Thatís the one. Just sums RJay up perfectly!
Old 23 May 2005, 20:32   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to freaky_beef

IMO, usualy the Forge world is not worth it. Some people will not let you use it. But if you ask your friends that you play with commonly if they will let you use it, then it might be justified for buying.

But than again, they cost so much, its like selling your soul for the model!
Old 23 May 2005, 20:47   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahstbn
what modles are availible for tau form forge world, and are they any good? what are there uses?
I not yelling or anything but please search your question before posting it

Caboose: MY NAME IS MICHAEL J. CABOOSE... AND I HATE BABIES!
Old 24 May 2005, 00:42   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

personally im buying that new Tigershark AX-1-0. i mean, markerlight turret, twin missile pod, 6 smart missile, and supposedly 2 better than hammerhead railguns. Hell Yeah! ;D ;D ;D and if it is like the current tigershark, it is a super heavy flier. even if the thing is like 300 to 500 pts it is well worth it.

The taros book is also supposed to have sept rules and a lot of other Tau stuff. the book is supposedly almost entirely tau>>>>> ;D ;D ;D

"We are the might of Tau'va and the Aun. Our might knows no bounds and our Technology can overcome any foe. We are the Omega Cadre and we conquer in the name of TAU'VA!!!!" Common pre-engagement encouragement from Shas'Ui of the Omega Cadre before battle commences.
Old 24 May 2005, 04:36   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaky_beef
IMO, usualy the Forge world is not worth it. Some people will not let you use it. But if you ask your friends that you play with commonly if they will let you use it, then it might be justified for buying.

But than again, they cost so much, its like selling your soul for the model!
I could care less about the rules.* I bought the forgeworld suits and just built them to use as normal crisis suits.* They look sooo much cooler then the basic GW suits, IMO.
Man, that's the joy of Anime! To revel in the complete and utter wastefullness of making an unstoppable nuclear-powered combat andriod in the shape of a cute little girl, who has the ability to fall in love and wears an enormous bow in her hair.

Don't tell me that you fell for the MTV lie?
The MTV lie is that people who rebel against tradition are thnking for themselves, while those who follow tradition are just sheep who do not think.
It is, of course, completely untrue. The decision to follow tradition is just as much an exercize of free will as is the decision to depart from it.
Old 24 May 2005, 07:23   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I'm with Doc Thunder - I generally find most of the FW rules to be overpriced for what you get and that just adds insult to injury when you factor in the price of the actual kit. : However, the new suits are just awesome looking - I will be adding one as my new commander when the GD Germany rolls into town.

The general who wins a battle makes many calculations before the battle is fought. - Sun Tzu

I want to die in my sleep like my grandpa, not screaming in terror like the rest of the people riding in his car.
Old 24 May 2005, 09:02   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

The highier point cost is intentional, Forge World did it on purpouse. It is sort of balancing, so you pay highier points than usual for something unusual so the oponents can't complain that you are haing better models for same point just because you have more money to spend.

So they are mere expensive for what they do (but not usually tat much to be unplayable), there are always exceptions and some models are totaly unfieldable in most games (in TAU arsenat tiger sharks and Orca) but they look much cooler than normal models and they can do things you can't normaly do.

And with the playability, in my country they are usually alowed to any tournament and in any game as long as you have the rules and models fuly painted and asmebled, i even have more oponets who will like to play with me because of Forge World models. Only flayers and superheavyes are not usually alowed.
Closed Thread