Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Saturday's tournament at the game shop.
Closed Thread
Old 22 May 2005, 17:08   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Saturday's tournament at the game shop.

I played in a 500 point tournament at the game shop on Saturday. The rules were 1+ troop choice required, no HQ selection necessary, and no 200 point tank allowed. All models had to be fully painted and based Games-Workshop minis. I used the tau for my army. The list was really cheesy, it consisted of

6 FW
1 DF MT DL TA
HH RG SMS MT DL TA TL
HH ION SMS MT DL TA TL

It was 500 points even, and it owned! I won four out of five battles. The first one against space marines was an easy win even though my rail gun missed 50 % of the time. The second battle was against Dark Eldar. It was another easy win, he had no vehicles. The third was against eldar, I took out his tank on the first turn and the rest was easy.The fourth battle was against space wolves, too easy. The last battle was against another group of space marines, but this time it was not so easy. His assault squad caught my devil fish. I had left it too close and he destroyed it with metla bombs. His last cannon took out everything( he kept rolling 6 and I kept rolling 1's). I lost that game, but it was a fun ttournament I won overall, and it was another victory for the greater good.

Death Guard win 13 tie 0 lost 2

dark eldar wins 5 tie 0 lost 1
Old 22 May 2005, 18:25   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to 42
Default Re: Saturday's tournament at the game shop.

well done on winning...however those rules on tanks really were a bit silly methinks.

I mean taking two hammerheads in a 500pt army? This is meant to be a sort of scout or skirmish force at this level, and it includes two of the tau's heaviest tanks available but just 6 troopers?

Don't worry im not really blaming you, in the situation a lot of us woul dhave chosen the list that was going to win us the tornument, you picked such a list. However i have seen too many of these combat patrol rules where there are no armour restrictions and to be honest they resultin crazy armies and unfair battles..

Again, take nothing personally and well done anyway! Rant over!

Old 22 May 2005, 18:40   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Nicely done. Only thing I'd have done differently was take 8 fire warriors instead of a fish.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 22 May 2005, 18:59   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via Yahoo to soloplumber

way to kill'em frank! keep up the good work. 8)
Old 22 May 2005, 20:21   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Congrats on the win. I'd have to agree with 42 though: The rules were broken and ended up with rather disturbing imbalances in the types of armies that could be fielded. :

The general who wins a battle makes many calculations before the battle is fought. - Sun Tzu

I want to die in my sleep like my grandpa, not screaming in terror like the rest of the people riding in his car.
Old 22 May 2005, 20:51   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to 42

Yes, don't get me wrong a win is a win, I'm sorry if I came over as too critical...aim for playing in higher points cost match now to really start having to use more tactics, 1000pts is an excellent limit for the step up providing you have enough models!

Old 22 May 2005, 23:30   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via ICQ to Robogem Send a message via MSN to Robogem

Great job on the win, but yeah, if it was my tourney I wouldn't of allowed you to have 2 HH.
A hero is only a hero when he or she takes incredible risks. If you prod a tiger with a stick from behind six inches of body armor and an impenetrable shield of force you're not a hero, you're just a jackass.
[/size]
Old 23 May 2005, 02:51   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

it was the store tournament so it was there rules i wasn't the only one with a cheesy army im talking about nercons were really nast in that tournament and dark eldar and eldar,and some werid chaos SM army that had stuff i never seen befor like blobs and mutants and Obliterator

Old 23 May 2005, 04:22   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

A 500 point battle is just so far outside the scope of what the rules of 40K were designed for, that there's just no way that it's going to be balanced.

IMO, You should play kill team instead if you are going to field so few points.
Man, that's the joy of Anime! To revel in the complete and utter wastefullness of making an unstoppable nuclear-powered combat andriod in the shape of a cute little girl, who has the ability to fall in love and wears an enormous bow in her hair.

Don't tell me that you fell for the MTV lie?
The MTV lie is that people who rebel against tradition are thnking for themselves, while those who follow tradition are just sheep who do not think.
It is, of course, completely untrue. The decision to follow tradition is just as much an exercize of free will as is the decision to depart from it.
Old 23 May 2005, 04:36   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Thunder
A 500 point battle is just so far outside the scope of what the rules of 40K were designed for, that there's just no way that it's going to be balanced.

IMO, You should play kill team instead if you are going to field so few points.
i play lot of 1850pt games and 1500pt games every sun at the shop but that was the tournament for last sat

Closed Thread