Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Twin link + a weapon + hardwire.
Closed Thread
Old 22 May 2005, 00:13   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via ICQ to Robogem Send a message via MSN to Robogem
Default Twin link + a weapon + hardwire.

I have a question, since you MUST fill 3 hard points for your units, would it be a better idea for normal Tau Crisis Suits to Twinlink a weapon + add a weapon + hardwire a multitracker?

Just curious.
A hero is only a hero when he or she takes incredible risks. If you prod a tiger with a stick from behind six inches of body armor and an impenetrable shield of force you're not a hero, you're just a jackass.
[/size]
Old 22 May 2005, 00:31   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace
Default Re: Twin link + a weapon + hardwire.

Uh, not too sure what you mean exactly.

The 3 hard points are physical ones. Twin linked weapons (ie akimbo something) takes up 2 hard points in total. Hardwired things don't count for hard points, and are limited to squad leaders etc..

So if your talking about a team leader, yes, it would be better, as twin linking means a 75% hit rate compared to a 50% one.. and another weapon as a backup maybe.. along with a multitracker, allows you to fire the twin linked system and the 3rd gun.. e.g. twin linked missile pods + plasma + hw mt
Old 22 May 2005, 00:34   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I basically thought all suits can have 3 hard points and 1 hard wired point. So I was thinking for example on one suit I can put:

Twin Linked Missles (2 hardpoints)
Plasma (1 Hard point)

Then hardwired Multitracker.
A hero is only a hero when he or she takes incredible risks. If you prod a tiger with a stick from behind six inches of body armor and an impenetrable shield of force you're not a hero, you're just a jackass.
[/size]
Old 22 May 2005, 00:40   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via Yahoo to soloplumber

that's what i did only no link.
Old 22 May 2005, 00:53   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robogem
I basically thought all suits can have 3 hard points and 1 hard wired point.* So I was thinking for example on one suit I can put:

Twin Linked Missles (2 hardpoints)
Plasma (1 Hard point)

Then hardwired Multitracker.
The Hard-wired systems seem to be implanted in the pilot, not the suit. Only squad leaders and above have the option to take hardwired systems. Your configuration would thus work for HQ choices and squad leaders, but not regular crisis. Since you have to link like weapons systems if you take them, and you must fill all three hardpoints, I am not sure what soloplumber meant.
Old 22 May 2005, 01:12   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

So if you for example make Crisis suits solo instead of being in teams, can you designate a leader, or do you need at least more than 1 to have a leader.
[/size]
Old 22 May 2005, 01:41   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

That lone crisis suit (monat) can be designated the team leader so it can choose from the armory.
[color=Green] How Abbadon got his hax.
[COLOR=DarkOrange]I wish my grass was emo... then it would cut itself.
Old 22 May 2005, 06:05   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Upgrading a lone crisis makes for a very expensive, fairly easy to kill unit making it a bad idea in most cases. You're better off taking a 2nd 'el (if you've got the HQ slot left) and keeping the crisis suits as cheap as possible.

The general who wins a battle makes many calculations before the battle is fought. - Sun Tzu

I want to die in my sleep like my grandpa, not screaming in terror like the rest of the people riding in his car.
Old 22 May 2005, 12:33   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
I have a question, since you MUST fill 3 hard points for your units, would it be a better idea for normal Tau Crisis Suits to Twinlink a weapon + add a weapon + hardwire a multitracker?

Just curious.
Its not really worth it, unless you twin-link a shas'els missile pod.

I've experimented with a tank-hunter config in the shape of a lone suit, upgraded to team leader, with tl fusion, missile pod and HW multi tracker. It was not impressive. But thats nearly 80 points! your better off using regular plasma/pod/tracker suits and guiding them with markerlights.

you can't give regular suits Hard wired items. They're reserved for shas'vre ranked pilots or above.
However, a shas'el commander with 2 shas'vre bodyguards: twin linked plasma rifle, missile pod, HW multi tracker on all three. Its not worth it though, for two reasons:
1) cost. the above costs 50+24+14+10=98 for the shas'el and 88 for each of the shas'vre ~280 points of a unit that comprises 3 models. not smart. predator annihalator could wipe it out first turn. and its 16% of a 1500 pointer force.
2) your commander loses his IC status if he has bodyguards. And the IC is so good in 4th ed, it should be kept at all costs.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 22 May 2005, 13:05   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:

Just curious.
I'm thinking that twin-linking the plasma rifle on a fireknife would probably be the best thing for what you are talking about, but don't forget that there is also the option of taking three weapons systems and a hard-wired multi-tracker.

There are two tri-weapon combinations that I find incredibly useful in my army.

Missile Pod, Fusion Blaster, Plasma Rifle, Hard-Wired Multi-Tracker

and

Missile Pod, Plasma Rifle, Flamer, Hard-Wired Multi-Tracker

I use both of these on my team leaders and Shas'el's and I find them incredibly useful and effective.
Man, that's the joy of Anime! To revel in the complete and utter wastefullness of making an unstoppable nuclear-powered combat andriod in the shape of a cute little girl, who has the ability to fall in love and wears an enormous bow in her hair.

Don't tell me that you fell for the MTV lie?
The MTV lie is that people who rebel against tradition are thnking for themselves, while those who follow tradition are just sheep who do not think.
It is, of course, completely untrue. The decision to follow tradition is just as much an exercize of free will as is the decision to depart from it.
Closed Thread