Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

the diffrences between the septs.
Closed Thread
Old 21 May 2005, 06:59   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default the diffrences between the septs.

i was looking around at some of the older races in the game and they all have rules for one army with in the larger one... now i know that the vior'la fire warriors are diffrent then say ones from the d'yanoi sept. not only would they have better equipment but the long history of the sept implies that they would have more experienced shas'el and shas'os training the saals, so logically why did the two septs act the same?

i would love it if the GW guys made a system for septs to have there own little spacial quirk, either good or bad.

for example if i could make a sept it would be called Doran'Ya meaning "calm world". Doran'Ya is in an eternal darkness being behind a larger planet and in the same orbit pattern not allowing light to reach the serfus, luckily the planet blocking Doran'Ya is a gas giant and realises heat allowing the giant to heat the worlds near it... mainly Doran'Ya and thus allowing for an inhabitable system. the founders of the Doran'Ya sept are shas and por cast members from the vior'la sept bring a solid millitary back ground, and fio and kor cast members from fal'shia to diversify the planet.

fire warriors are expert night fighter and specialize in stealth allowing fire warriors to infiltrate.

does it annoy any one that i always post topics about expanding the game that will never be put in?
Old 21 May 2005, 07:06   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: the diffrences between the septs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYcrimsonTEARS
i was looking around at some of the older races in the game and they all have rules for one army with in the larger one... now i know that the vior'la fire warriors are diffrent then say ones from the d'yanoi sept. not only would they have better equipment but the long history of the sept implies that they would have more experienced shas'el and shas'os training the saals, so logically why did the two septs act the same?

i would love it if the GW guys made a system for septs to have there own little spacial quirk, either good or bad.

for example if i could make a sept it would be called Doran'Ya meaning "calm world". Doran'Ya is in an eternal darkness being behind a larger planet and in the same orbit pattern not allowing light to reach the serfus, luckily the planet blocking Doran'Ya is a gas giant and realises heat allowing the giant to heat the worlds near it... mainly Doran'Ya and thus allowing for an inhabitable system. the founders of the Doran'Ya sept are shas and por cast members from the vior'la sept bring a solid millitary back ground, and fio and kor cast members from fal'shia to diversify the planet.

fire warriors are expert night fighter and specialize in stealth allowing fire warriors to infiltrate.

does it annoy any one that i always post topics about expanding the game that will never be put in?
stuff like that sound so cool i wish they did do it like that like a sept that really good with tanks and the tanks can shoot better or something

Death Guard win 13 tie 0 lost 2

dark eldar wins 5 tie 0 lost 1
Old 21 May 2005, 07:09   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

sense i gave my ideas on a sept i would like to make how about other people post there ideas... i would love to see what pepole come up with and the variety.
Old 21 May 2005, 07:51   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Death-Merchant

and a stealth suit army ;D

the black swarm hiding in darkness they wait until it is time to strike
Old 21 May 2005, 08:29   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

its probably like that for one reason: tau have been there for 4 years. space marines, since the early 80s. there hasn't been time to diversify them.

a trait system would be nice. and btw, the fluff already describes tau as very potent night fighters.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 21 May 2005, 08:32   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

or make a spet who relies on drones so there cheaper and u can take more then normal with this sept

Old 21 May 2005, 08:34   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank
or make a spet who relies on drones so there cheaper and u can take more then normal with this sept
drones should be brought down in price anyway, but no way should any army get units that are cheaper than the parent codex. 13 point space marines anyone? 12 point striking scorpions?

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 21 May 2005, 08:36   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Death-Merchant

it would be awsome to have like 200 gun drones but they are all stored in tanks!!!
Old 21 May 2005, 08:38   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank
drones should be brought down in price anyway, but no way should any army get units that are cheaper than the parent codex. 13 point space marines anyone? 12 point striking scorpions?
ok so no cheaper unit but how about like drones that are a bit more stronger like the Chapter Approve USING CREATURES but insteed of creature drones

Old 21 May 2005, 09:30   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYcrimsonTEARS
sense i gave my ideas on a sept i would like to make how about other people post there ideas... i would love to see what pepole come up with and the variety.
Interestingly enough i am currently going through a drastic redesign of my Tau army where a small minority of my force are being painted black, the reason for this can be found here:

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...0398#msg130398

It seems relatively comparable to your idea, so you could probably hazard a guess that i like the idea in prospect, although with doing things like this you need to be sure you do not go overboard making your sept overly too powerful in comparison to other Tau armys or indeed your opponents armies, otherwise no one is ever going to let you use these house rules.

Also mine isn't an entire sept either, its just a small cadre. If that justifies it to some of you...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau-killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Winston Churchill on 23rd August 1940
Never in the field of human satire were so many made to feel so humble by so much acid wit
GOT IT! Thatís the one. Just sums RJay up perfectly!
Closed Thread