Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

OMFG TAU NEED UPDATES (sauce1!!rofl)
Closed Thread
Old 25 Nov 2008, 01:45   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default OMFG TAU NEED UPDATES (sauce1!!rofl)

Why? Why's all this suddenly flared up? It's been simmering gently for ages which is fine, we discuss the armies and what can be changed and it's all good, but suddenly there's this mass surge in house rules and whining about fixing the Codex - why?

I like house rules as much as the next guy (and bear in mind the next guy is Wargamer) but the sad fact is they don't really change anything because most people won't let you use them. It's not like the Tau Codex can't compete so what's all the mad fuss about? I don't understand.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Old 25 Nov 2008, 01:54   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: OMFG TAU NEED UPDATES (sauce1!!rofl)

And are you not whining about whining again?

This is coming up now because of 5th Edition and the new Space Marine codex. As people have had more time to play in this edition and against the newer books, the age of the Tau codex becomes more and more apparent. And it is one of the oldest books that has not yet appeared on the long-range radar for an update. We will continue to see bursts of this as Imperial Guard, Space Wolves, Necrons, and Dark Eldar are updated. If this was predominantly an Eldar or Tyranid forum rather than a Tau forum, you would see more discussion of updates to those books. This happened before the Tau codex was updated for 4th Edition.
Old 25 Nov 2008, 01:57   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Except TO is much less a Tau forum than the Tau players like to think it is.

5th Edition has been out a long time now, and the new Space Marine Codex is not Tau-breaking. In fact, what it really is is Space Marine-breaking - as in, making us not want to use Space Marines. We have plenty of Eldar and Tyranid players, and also a huge amount of CSM players, and they're not complaining. Yes, a lot of the latter group bemoan the loss of the mad amount of mutability in their last book but they're not diarrhoeaing out house rules like there won't be a tomorrow, they're just sucking it up and carrying on 'til GW sees fit to update them - which you can bet will be after the Tau.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Old 25 Nov 2008, 02:00   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

I am having difficulty seeing how anyone is forcing you to read threads about updating the codex, though. They should be pretty obvious, given their thread titles. You are complaining about "diarrhoeaing out house rules" over two threads? There are certainly a lot of Tau ideas in House Rules, but if you actually look at activity, the focus of that part of the site is pretty obvious. Many of the posts there are by newer members, and most of our new members play Tau. You should have a look around other forums if you don't think there are Eldar and Tyranids players with issues regarding their place in the new edition. As those books get older, you will see more and more people discussing how they think those updates should look. This is not a new pattern.

People aren't talking about updating Chaos Space Marines because the book is much further off in the update cycle. But there are certainly issues being raised with it.
Old 25 Nov 2008, 02:04   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Or, they're just too lazy to do anything about it. Or don't care enough to actually do anything about it. "The proof of the desire is in the fruit of the labor" to quote the insufferable proverb my parents trot out on every occasion.
*Doh!-Nuts DarkWand3r3r Msg Player 04-08-2009 17:51:32
Moral of this story... in real life or in a pen and paper game... do not piss off Delpheus or he will OMGWTFBBQPWN your face with a uber hit.
Old 25 Nov 2008, 02:27   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

I think its rather simple. 5Th edition came out a few months ago, and there has now been enough time passed were most tau players have have enough games under the new edition to see how badly tau are fairing with the new rules. I am not saying that Tau have been hit harder than any race by the the changes but there definitely up there, I'm not saying we are the most in need of a new codex. However the races that do need an update more (DE/SW's..) have there new codex's confirmed in the not too distant future. Tau do not, meaning that we have no idea how long we will have to continue to be at a disadvantage. Certainly by the time the Confirmed Codex's are out Tau will be the race Most in need of an update, as alot of us feel Tau empire wasn't even a great codex in 4Th.

(Pure GreyKnights not included in above considerations since there going to get merged)
Old 25 Nov 2008, 02:30   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

I havent seen any issues yet. I must not be facing enough marines enough.

Whats the problem?
Old 25 Nov 2008, 02:44   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TO's Jester
Except TO is much less a Tau forum than the Tau players like to think it is.
Oops. Sorry, the name is what fooled me.

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Old 25 Nov 2008, 02:44   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

read the post i just made in new tau codex thread, give my opinions on why tau are having problems against MEQ's. Against GEQ and hordes were not too bad.
Old 25 Nov 2008, 03:19   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsi
I havent seen any issues yet. I must not be facing enough marines enough.

Whats the problem?
It is no so much a problem as it is a recognition that GW is doing things differently in 5th Edition. They have left themselves little option now. Anyone can see the differences between the 4th Edition and 5th Edition Space Marine books. Or even the 4th Edition and 5th Edition Ork books. The rumors suggest that Guard will get the same treatment. They can hardly stop now when the bar is so high. So people have been looking at Tau with that sort of offset in mind.

Tau Empire was a pretty poor codex. It didn't fix the things that needed to be fixed, and almost everything it added was superfluous. The most positive change was the Markerlights, but that was about it. So I can't summon very much sympathy for people whining about Tau players who are pushing for something better now.
Closed Thread