Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

anti-infantry crisis loadout
Old 24 Nov 2008, 16:50   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default anti-infantry crisis loadout

what is a good anti infantry loadout for the crisis?
Gendoikari87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2008, 17:30   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: anti-infantry crisis loadout

If your talking like , MEQa (marine equivalent) its problably Twin linked Plasma Rifles or something.

Against Tyranids , you could either go burst cannon+ flamer or burst cannon+plasma rifle

the flamer one gives power only against gaunts and such while the other helps with taking out their synapse creatures (big stuff) and also fighting gaunts.

that what i can think of.. maybe vectored retro thrusters or something if you want the flamer build, ofc also a multitracker for all builds with two weapons
BerraGud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2008, 17:52   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

^ Good advise; it does depend what infantry, power armour will need plasma rifles and maybe even fusion blasters whereas Gaunts and Guardmen will only need a burst cannon and/or flamer.
Vendak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2008, 17:57   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Unusualsuspect Send a message via MSN to Unusualsuspect

No one has mentioned the Firestorm, aka Burst Cannon, Missile Pod, and Multi-tracker?

5 shots, 3 with Str 5, 2 with Str 7, light to medium infantry APs, anti-tank in a pinch, all for a cool 50 points.

Personally, I don't really use 'em (I prefer Stealth suits for anti-infantry needs), but I'm thinking about pairing one with a Deathrain w/ flamer some day.
Old 24 Nov 2008, 18:04   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

This question really needs to be split into heavy infantry like Space Marines and Sisters of Battle; and light infantry like Orcs, Guard, and Tyranids. For heavy infantry you need to be able to wound and pierce that armor if at all possible, so plasma rifles, fusion blasters, and maybe the cyclic ion blaster are good choices. Against light infantry and other soft targets you need volume of fire, so the burst cannon is king. The CIB again is a good weapon, the flamer is OK if you are willing to get that close (I'm usually not), and the airbursting frag projector is deadly against hordes.

@UnusualSuspect: The firestorm is probably the best suit for killing light infantry. I don't use it that much because I find it more economical to twin-link my crisis weapons, and if I want burst cannons I have vehicles and stealth suits. If you can get markerlight support for better accuracy (or even run them as a command squad with targeting arrays) the firestorm can do an awful lot of damage.

Also, I didn't mention the deathrain (twin missile pods), which is my favorite suit. It doesn't do all that well against MEQs, but is good against everything else, particularly light vehicles and any infantry not wearing power armor.
knightperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2008, 18:34   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Yeah my favorite suit is a Firesurge-8. Though at the most you get like 3 shots if your lucky this can instantly kill most light infantry orks, etc... and it has the power to take down vehicles and if you miss against vehicles you get 4 chances with the fusion blaster cause its twinlinked and a melta weapon. If you have enough of those you can do some huge damage. I was in a like 600 point battle with some necrons and my battlesuits would jump out and kill a bunch necrons and go back to hiding and all my fire warriors were dead at the time. Its pretty effective.
Stanleyguy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2008, 18:35   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

If your planning to Deepstrike your Suits then load up your Suits with TL Flamers and a BS Filter (the BS Filter does not do anythi ng for them but its the cheapest hardpoint slot) or maybe a drone controller (free) and a couple of Gun Drones. This is the cheapest Suit you will get (34Pts a Model), and against mass lightly armoured infantry if you get into a firing position (and the easiest way to do this is Deepstrike) the most destructive! 3 of these Suits could easily kill between 20/30 models the turn they come on.
Old 25 Nov 2008, 02:03   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

what is a firesurge?
Gendoikari87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2008, 16:06   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=8260.0
Vendak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2008, 21:03   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

If the job can be done with Str5Ap5 weaponery, xv8 is not the unit for the job. - look to firewarriors, drones, or xv15/25s.

so - plasma rifles and air frag projector are your friends here as they are meant for units that str5ap5 may be insufficient for.

Knight Actual is offline   Reply With Quote