Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Fun anti-horde Farsight bodyguard load-out.
Old 21 Nov 2008, 19:15   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Fun anti-horde Farsight bodyguard load-out.

Tried this against orks the other day, was very pleased with the results.

Commander Farsight
1st and 2nd Shas'vre: Twin-linked flamers, burst cannons, HWMT, DC + 4 gun drones.
3rd Shas'vre: Twin-linked flamers and AFB, HWMT, DC + 2 drones

It's pretty nice watching that group take out an entire 30 man squad of orks in one shooting phase.
Old 22 Nov 2008, 05:05   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Jedibean
Default Re: Fun anti-horde Farsight bodyguard load-out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saracen

Commander Farsight
1st and 2nd Shas'vre: Twin-linked flamers, burst cannons, HWMT, DC + 4 gun drones.

It's pretty nice watching that group take out an entire 30 man squad of orks in one shooting phase.
I'm totally with you on this. I just differ on the addition of a weapon as the third hardpoint. I usually prefer using a shield generator as a third hardpoint. But it works splendidly against hordes. I actually took a similar configuration using a regular Shas'O and not Farsight. I used them to completely wipe out a unit of 30 orks. Then I got charged by another horde of 30 ork boys and I actually WON close combat and only lost 2 shield drones in the process.
Jedibean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2008, 05:41   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saracen

Commander Farsight

I'm totally with you on this. I just differ on the addition of a weapon as the third hardpoint. I usually prefer using a shield generator as a third hardpoint. But it works splendidly against hordes. I actually took a similar configuration using a regular Shas'O and not Farsight. I used them to completely wipe out a unit of 30 orks. Then I got charged by another horde of 30 ork boys and I actually WON close combat and only lost 2 shield drones in the process.
Beautiful.
Old 22 Nov 2008, 06:15   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Jedibean

I was as shocked as my opponent. Basically the unit configuration worked out like this if you wanna know the specifics.

Shas'O - Flamer, Frag Projector, Shield Gen, HW Multi-tracker, 2x shield drones, bondin knife, Iridium Armor, Stim Injector

Shas'Vre - Twin-linked Flamer, Shield Generator, Target Lock, 2x Shield drones

Shas'Vre - Twin-linked Flamer, Shield Generator, Target Lock

The awesome thing about this configuration is that the commander gets a 2+ armor save and feel no pain. He's also got a 4+ invuln and 2 shield drones that share his 2+ armor save. Also, since 1 of the body guards has a drone controller and the other doesn't they count as being armed differently for the sake of wound allocation.

So basically I was able to split up all of the wounds to several different groups and in the end all I lost from his RIDICULOUS number of attacks was a couple of shield drones. It was absolutely insane!

This unit also works RIDICULOUSLY well against Eldar also. Give it a shot.

Jedibean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2008, 17:49   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
I was as shocked as my opponent. Basically the unit configuration worked out like this if you wanna know the specifics.

Shas'O - Flamer, Frag Projector, Shield Gen, HW Multi-tracker, 2x shield drones, bondin knife, Iridium Armor, Stim Injector

Shas'Vre - Twin-linked Flamer, Shield Generator, Target Lock, 2x Shield drones

Shas'Vre - Twin-linked Flamer, Shield Generator, Target Lock

The awesome thing about this configuration is that the commander gets a 2+ armor save and feel no pain. He's also got a 4+ invuln and 2 shield drones that share his 2+ armor save. Also, since 1 of the body guards has a drone controller and the other doesn't they count as being armed differently for the sake of wound allocation.

So basically I was able to split up all of the wounds to several different groups and in the end all I lost from his RIDICULOUS number of attacks was a couple of shield drones. It was absolutely insane!

This unit also works RIDICULOUSLY well against Eldar also. Give it a shot.
I will, that sounds like a ridiculously resilient unit.
Old 22 Nov 2008, 22:11   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Go TL Flamers and plasma rifle for a close quarter Marine killer too.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote