Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Anyone ever tried 9 Broadsides???
Old 26 Nov 2008, 23:31   #11 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Anyone ever tried 9 Broadsides???

I have farsight, but idk how you would make his sword.
I have like 1700 points right now growing by the week.
I just battled a thousand points vs. orks today.
I lost,but I killed 24 gretchins at once with my commander's AFL.
I have 3 crisis suits including my commander, commander farsight, 2 hammer heads, 2 piranhas, 32 fire warriors, 12 kroot, 12 gun drones, a stealth team, and 1 broadside.

It actually almost seems if you equipped 15 piranhas with FBs would be just as effective for most situations and a lot more maneuverable. Though not quite as protected as a Hammerhead or a Broadside, but only 65 points with no other add ons. That would cost like 975, but a lot more shots and against vehicles its melta.
Stanleyguy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2008, 03:10   #12 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to razgriz_cipher

Yes but that will die easily. For less than one piranha squads chaos havocs with 4 autocannons will eat that for breakfast. Also the immobilization will kill. Open topped is not good. I do not like the vehicle squadron rules it will not work well.
Old 27 Nov 2008, 04:40   #13 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

Let us say that you have taken the 9 Broadsides.

The rest of your list must kill infantry. Three enemy tanks a turn will die. You now need a way to keep the enemy from swamping your super-awesome units.

What works?

You'll need a squad of Firewarriors anyway, so add them to your firebase. Deterring the enemy with rapid fire is a must.

Then, I would add Kroot squads. The idea would be to use infiltrate to have them give battle away from the Broadsides - they take the enemy infantry, the Broadsides mush all the tanks.

I have no idea if this could work. Being swamped by enemy infantry is a bad thing - very bad.

I am interested in trying a smaller, but still "large" number for games when I'm not maxing out my FoC.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
MechTau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2008, 07:19   #14 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to MDRedeemer Send a message via MSN to MDRedeemer

So, I think a small army list wouldn't be out of the ordinary here, to see how it looks. This could either be really interesting to play, or a crash and burn.
This is a 1500 army list, with 7 points floating around.

Shas'O w/ Cyclic Ion Blaster, Airbursting Fragmentation Projector, Multi-Tracker, Iridium Armor, Stimulant Injector, Hardwired Drone Controller, x2 Shield Drones - 175 (For infantry slaying and being nigh-impossible to kill.)

x7 Firewarriors - 70 (For being mandatory)
x10 Kroot - 70 (For objective grabbin&#39

Crisis Team Leader w/ Twinlinked Flamers, Missile Pod, Bonding Knife
x2 Crisis Suits w/ Twinlinked Flamers, Missile Pod - 139

x2 Crisis Suits w/ Twinlinked Flamers, Missile Pod - 139 (For extra ranged punch before setting people on fire, infantry control and Horde control)

Broadside Team Leader w/ Targetting Array, Twinlinked Plasma Rifles, Hardwired Drone Controller, Bonding Knife, x2 Shield Drones, Hardwired Multi-Tracker, Hardwired Target Lock
x2 Broadsides w/ Multi-Trackers, Twinlinked Plasma Rifles - 310 (Killing any tank it looks at and murdering any MEQs that be steppin&#39

Broadside Team Leader w/ Targetting Array, Twinlinked Plasma Rifles, Hardwired Drone Controller, Bonding Knife, x2 Shield Drones, Hardwired Multi-Tracker, Hardwired Target Lock
x2 Broadsides w/ Multi-Trackers, Twinlinked Plasma Rifles - 310

Broadside Team Leader w/ Stabilizers, Bonding Knife, hardwired Drone controller, x2 Shield Drones
x2 Broadsides w/ Stabilizers - 280 (To at least have a single unit that can move around as necessary and provide a little more anti-infantry, might become a unit of plasmasides if better)

LOTS of 2+ armor saves, and the commander is there to join a unit and make them super tough. If necessary he'd even join the kroot or firewarriors to protect them. They'd get slowed down, but hes stopping at least 3 from dying every turn, and providing LD10 and some nasty dakka. This is necessary to keep the two scoring units on the board. With the fire suits backing them up or hanging back to deter flankers and deepstrikers, they provide some good support against any squad relying on numbers at all.
Old 27 Nov 2008, 08:06   #15 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDRedeemer
So, I think a small army list wouldn't be out of the ordinary here, to see how it looks. This could either be really interesting to play, or a crash and burn.
This is a 1500 army list, with 7 points floating around.

Shas'O w/ Cyclic Ion Blaster, Airbursting Fragmentation Projector, Multi-Tracker, Iridium Armor, Stimulant Injector, Hardwired Drone Controller, x2 Shield Drones - 175 (For infantry slaying and being nigh-impossible to kill.)

x7 Firewarriors - 70 (For being mandatory)
x10 Kroot - 70 (For objective grabbin&#39

x2 Crisis Suits w/ Twinlinked Flamers, Missile Pod - 139

x2 Crisis Suits w/ Twinlinked Flamers, Missile Pod - 139 (For extra ranged punch before setting people on fire, infantry control and Horde control)

x2 Broadsides w/ Multi-Trackers, Twinlinked Plasma Rifles - 310 (Killing any tank it looks at and murdering any MEQs that be steppin&#39

x2 Broadsides w/ Multi-Trackers, Twinlinked Plasma Rifles - 310

Broadside Team Leader w/ Stabilizers, Bonding Knife, hardwired Drone controller, x2 Shield Drones
x2 Broadsides w/ Stabilizers - 280 (To at least have a single unit that can move around as necessary and provide a little more anti-infantry, might become a unit of plasmasides if better)

LOTS of 2+ armor saves, and the commander is there to join a unit and make them super tough. If necessary he'd even join the kroot or firewarriors to protect them. They'd get slowed down, but hes stopping at least 3 from dying every turn, and providing LD10 and some nasty dakka. This is necessary to keep the two scoring units on the board. With the fire suits backing them up or hanging back to deter flankers and deepstrikers, they provide some good support against any squad relying on numbers at all.
looks like a very intresting setup!

Chris.
Chuntington101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2008, 08:48   #16 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to bloodfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDRedeemer

Actually he isn't slowing them down since the idrium armor slows his JSJ move down.
Not sure if its allowed though since he's a diffrent unit type
But Isn't it funny to think that guard might be able to copy eldar tactics slightly?
You mean "Perform Eldar tactics better than Eldar", right? :P
Not unless the Eldar have an obscure Warrior Aspect that revolves around the complete mastery of the common light bulb.
Infected by Skaven
bloodfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2008, 17:44   #17 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to MDRedeemer Send a message via MSN to MDRedeemer

Actually, you're right about him not slowing them down, technically they're slowing him down to run behind the armored wall. He can still join them if he is within 2 inches, as he has no choice.