Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

How can i stop the death company?
Closed Thread
Old 17 May 2005, 09:08   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default How can i stop the death company?

I played with a terrible Blood Angels player last week in a tournament...
I take a major loss because i simply can't wipe out those terrible death company with chaplain....It's simply too hard to kill before he came and brake my **...
And only 1 marine left can bring hell within my ranks....What can i do to stop them?

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild, and freak out an' do anything they wanna do"
Old 17 May 2005, 09:13   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: How can i stop the death company?

First thoughts, don't play static and have lots of helios (plasma fusion) suits and ioncannon hammerheads, kroot can also help as a speed bump ;D

I agree that it is a hard army to face, in some tournaments it is banned :
Old 17 May 2005, 09:19   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Pisces_808

I never played them but ... I would make sure they didn't get there armour saves. ;D
Enough AP with the plasma rifle, fusion blaster and Railgun :P (I find these especially good on Broadsides)
But that will give you verry expensive suits :-\

Or second get as manny shot's as possible ;D they may have good armour saves but if they take enough they are bound to lose some.

And what is he taking? and how big is the army?

I admit by the looks of there stats they are VERRY hard to kill

Greetz

Old 17 May 2005, 10:00   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Also important thing is their feel no pain alow them to save wonds from ion cannons and plasma rifle with 50/50 succes ratio, so weapons wth S8 that negete their armour are even more valuable (long live the railgun).
Old 17 May 2005, 16:01   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

I've had my own troubles with the death company. Mech-tau is NOT a viable option against them. Skimmers have no defense against the sheer number of re-rollable attacks the death companies have-they die incredibly easily. (1 bolt pistol shot + 3-4 re-rollable attacks per marine at strength 5, and 10 DC chaplain attacks will wreck any vehicle) I had those boys tear through my lines, then tear through my vehicles.
THe only way to take them out is to set up using a refused flank move-its risky but put all your Fire Warriors close, so they can support each other. If you're like my and field 40-50 of the boys in a 1500pointer you should have enough firepower. It'll take a few turns, but massed long range str5 firepower will wreck them. Have a few kroot, 3 hammehreads with rails, ion cannons and twin bursts backing them up, and yuo should have enough firepower. Just direct EVERYTHING at them. You've seen how devestating they are.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 17 May 2005, 16:06   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to RedMagnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogen
Also important thing is their feel no pain alow them to save wonds from ion cannons and plasma rifle with 50/50 succes ratio, so weapons wth S8 that negete their armour are even more valuable (long live the railgun).
No my good man, that's from Khorne...

Yeah, I play WoW. So sue me.
Old 17 May 2005, 16:10   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus the Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogen
Death Compnay have the rule as well.
Man, that's the joy of Anime! To revel in the complete and utter wastefullness of making an unstoppable nuclear-powered combat andriod in the shape of a cute little girl, who has the ability to fall in love and wears an enormous bow in her hair.

Don't tell me that you fell for the MTV lie?
The MTV lie is that people who rebel against tradition are thnking for themselves, while those who follow tradition are just sheep who do not think.
It is, of course, completely untrue. The decision to follow tradition is just as much an exercize of free will as is the decision to depart from it.
Old 17 May 2005, 16:26   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus the Red

Each Death COmpany CHaplain taken generates d3+3 death company marines, plus whoever succumbs at the start of the battle goes into the death company. A death company marine has your typical SM profile, but can get free jump packs, or a rhino, has a bolt pistol and chainsword, and I'm not sure, but 1 or 2 base attacks (+1 for ccw). they also have furious charge (str5 i5 on turn they charge) and feel no pain (ignore all wounds on a 4+, except power weapons, and instant kill weapons). best thing is, when led by a chaplain, they follow they "litanies of hate" rule.

As far as I'm concerned they're amongst the most broken and unfluffy units in the game. Broken as they're so stupidly overpowered, and unfluffy, because if the amount of marines that actually fell to the black rage was the same in fluff as it was in game, the BLood Angels would have fallen apart and died out centuries ago.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 17 May 2005, 20:52   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadnight
I've had my own troubles with the death company. Mech-tau is NOT a viable option against them. Skimmers have no defense against the sheer number of re-rollable attacks the death companies have-they die incredibly easily. (1 bolt pistol shot + 3-4 re-rollable attacks per marine at strength 5, and 10 DC chaplain attacks will wreck any vehicle) I had those boys tear through my lines, then tear through my vehicles.
THe only way to take them out is to set up using a refused flank move-its risky but put all your Fire Warriors close, so they can support each other. If you're like my and field 40-50 of the boys in a 1500pointer you should have enough firepower. It'll take a few turns, but massed long range str5 firepower will wreck them. Have a few kroot, 3 hammehreads with rails, ion cannons and twin bursts backing them up, and yuo should have enough firepower. Just direct EVERYTHING at them. You've seen how devestating they are.
if i do that what about the rest of the army wont they be moveing toward me to if im useing everythin i have against the death company ?

Death Guard win 13 tie 0 lost 2

dark eldar wins 5 tie 0 lost 1
Old 17 May 2005, 21:13   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Deadnight's right... the Deathcompany can take down skimmers. But they have to catch you first. We move just as fast as they do, so you should be able to outrun them for 2 or 3 turns while whittling down the rest of his army. Once that's done, everyone should turn their attention on the boys in black (who you probably won't be able to run from anymore anyhow) and just throw everything at 'em. If any survive, be sure to spread your units out enough so he can't consolidate into a second unit. He'll kill one squad and then you should hopefully be able to wipe them out on the next round of shooting.
"i like to think of playing against my list as being like punching jelly. you put all your effort in but it just moves out of the way and you cause no damage. then your arm is covered in jelly. and the chicks come out and start wrestling in the jelly, and i drink a beer with stone cold steve austin, and we watch the chicks jelly wrestling, and then the slap-bass funk starts wakka chakka wakka wakka woh" -- Spooky, describing Mech Tau

"You can of course make a list that attempts to work via fragility and easy VP donation and Pathfinders fit into that just fine." -- kai
Closed Thread