Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Necron reserves
Old 16 Nov 2008, 12:30   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Necron reserves

Ok well ths may sound crazy but necrons have always fascinated me and maybe a group of damaged necrons who were captured could have been reprogrammed by Tau and amde into a reserve CQC unit?
just an idea, so please post comments and if I get enough sounds good to me respnds I'll go foreward with the idea

And by the way, no one likes you timbot!
evil robots who hate bunnies, U MAKE ME SICK!
Mcduderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Nov 2008, 12:47   #2 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen
Default Re: Necron reserves

All damaged Necrons are teleported back to their respective Tomb Worlds to be repaired and ready for the next attack no matter what. So, I dunno how the Tau is gonna get their hands on any of them at all.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Nov 2008, 12:59   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenai
All damaged Necrons are teleported back to their respective Tomb Worlds to be repaired and ready for the next attack no matter what. So, I dunno how the Tau is gonna get their hands on any of them at all.
If their teleporter or locator module was broken in battle presumably they couldn't be transported back ( I dont' know if the necron fluff deals with this anywhere) and the tau could get hold of some that way. If you like the idea go for it!
Old 16 Nov 2008, 13:01   #4 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Hmmmm....this reminds me of a movie. You know where they take back an evil robot/monster for study then it got loose and summon/make more of itself and then kills the scientist and this bad ass military guy saved the day, pawned the evil robot/monster and to destroy them once and for all. He blew up the facility and by an impossible chance, he made it out. :P
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Nov 2008, 13:10   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Doesn't work according to the fluff. Necrons aren't robots with programming that can be altered. Each Necron is operated by the soul of a long dead Necrotyr. The soul was bound to the the body of a Necron Warrior millions of years ago. There is nothing electronic for the Tau to try to modify. So unless the Tau can find a way to hack a soul there is no way for them to have Necrons on their side.
Old 16 Nov 2008, 13:52   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

ok well thanks to everyone for the comments ;D
I'll come up with some way that the souls were exercised, maybe by dead earthials?
Once again these are all just ideas so all of your comments are appreciated

Old 16 Nov 2008, 13:58   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Pisces_808

They could capture a 'live' Necron and study it. They could try to reverse engineer the tech, as it is still a mechanical/electrical devise to which they bound the soul. Also note that the normal warriors lost every bit of their former selves, now they just operate on pure programming. So the Tau could try to make an own Necron but then with the droid operating system instead of the old one. :

I'm not saying they will succeed and it wouldn't be easy in the extreme, but everything is worth a shot. If we humans can try to reverse engineer a transformer (yes from the movie). The Tau can sure as hell try to reverse engineer a Necron.

But hey if you just get the permission from your opponent to use them, then it's fine. Maybe you should give them normal Tau weapons just to be on the safe side.

Greetz

Pisces_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Nov 2008, 14:29   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

How about in a fluffy way that the programing is hard to hack (souls and such might be "hard" to reconfigurate) and you have to roll a D6 every turn they are on the tabel? 2+ they still follow Tau command, fail and they turn against you.
:

Danelidue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Nov 2008, 14:42   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

If you're set on fielding Necrons alongside the Tau, the way that will draw the least ire from people loyal to the fluff (like me) would be have them as experimental new combat robots. The Tau are constantly researching new tech, and they already have drones for combat. I could see them building on the drone technology to construct functioning robot soldiers.
Old 16 Nov 2008, 15:09   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

wow that is a great idea Commander_Vimes. I will try to say something like that or maybe i could reduce some of their shooting stats and make em better in CQC (that i s why i came up with this idea as i hate kroot).
By the way if you guys have any fluff ideas to help out, or conversions to make them more Tau looking, please, PLEASE! post them