Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

[batrep] Cleanup!: 750 Spearhead/Seize Ground, Vior'la 182 Assault vs. Hive Flee
Old 05 Nov 2008, 23:13   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default [batrep] Cleanup!: 750 Spearhead/Seize Ground, Vior'la 182 Assault vs. Hive Flee

The Tyranids of Hive Fleet Cerberus spread through the contaminated wastes. They were hunting the Tau troops who dared oppose their progress into the galaxy. Meanwhile, the Shas of the One Hundred Eighty-second Assault Cadre hurriedly deployed to strik, aiming for the synapse creatures that formed the backbone of the vile monstrosities' horde. With the warriors destroyed, the hunters would become the hunted, and the Tau Empire would be able to destroy this tendril...

This game was between me and NecronMasterLord, using Vassal. We rolled a Seize Ground mission and Spearhead deplyment. I played my usual 750 Tau force, the Vior'la 182nd Assault Cadre, consisting of:

HQ- Shas'el Vior'la Sha'is'ka
Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, Shield Generator, HW Multitracker, Ejection System

Elites- Shas'vre Vior'la Chen'ta'kos
Burst Cannon, Missile Pod, Targetting Array, HW Multitracker

Troops- Fire Warrior Team
Shas'ui R'khenn, 5x Shas'la, Markerlight, Bonding Knife, HW multitracker

Fire Warrior Team
Shas'ui Te'val, 5x Shas'la, Markerlight, Bonding Knife, HW multitracker

Fire Warrior Team
Shas'ui Kur'os, 5x Shas'la, Markerlight, Bonding Knife, HW multitracker

Fast Attack- Pathfinder Team
Shas'ui Sa'rya, 5x Shas'la, Bonding Knife, HW Blacksun Filter

Devilfish
Smart Missile System, Blacksun Filter, Multitracker, Targetting Array, Disruption Pod, Target Lock, Seeker Missiles x2

Gun Drone Squadron
4x Gun Drones

Setup
I kept my suits in reserve, setting them up for deepstriking to kill the Carnifex and synapse. I attached Sha'is'ka to Chen'ta'kos for the deepstrike to reduce the chance of scattering out of position or not being able to deepstrike a unit. Sa'rya's pathfinders were deployed in their 'Fish on the roof to provide support quickly. I placed the one objective I got near my DZ to allow me to hold it from early in the game.

NecronMasterLord should be along to post his list and thoughts soon, as we're doing this batrep jointly.

Turn 1

I rushed my 'Fish forward todrop my pathfinders on the rooftop edge and moved my FW teams toward objectives. I killed a Warrior with the SMS on the 'Fish.
"Brothers in battle and blood, In oath and honor, In life and death, In faith and in truth. Brothers in the sight of the Emperor. So be it ever, as He-on-Terra wills. Amen." - Prayer of Initiation, Knights Revenant attr. Captain Lucius Faust, 597.M41

"'Death before dishonor.' This is our creed, our way of life and death. Bolstered by the faith of the immortal God-Emperor, we may go into battle without fear for self. We know that whatever sacrifice is made in the name of He-on-Terra is not made in vain. Our honor rests in our service to Him, and we could ask no greater reward than to rest at His side, having given our utmost in His name." -Captain Anborn Tohr, after the Siege of Hydrax III

viorlashasui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Nov 2008, 23:40   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: [batrep] Cleanup!: 750 Spearhead/Seize Ground, Vior'la 182 Assault vs. Hive Flee

YO Hive Mind here. Hive Fleet Cerberus has commited tne following critters to this battle:
Ripper swarm w/ spinefist, enhanced senses
x7
gaunts w/ w/out number, devourers, adrenal gland (+1ws)
x16-2 broods of 8
gaunts w/ w/out number, scuttlers, fleshborers
x8
ravener brood#1 w/ scything talons x2, deathspitter
x1
ravener brood#2 w/ scything talons, rending claws, devourer
x1
carnifex w/ twinlinked deathspitter, scything talons, enhanced senses, spore cysts, adrenal gland (+1ws)
x1
warrior brood#1 w/ scything talons(all)
warrior#1: barbed strangler
warrior#2: devourer
warrior#3: deathspitter
warrior brood#2
warrior#1: venom cannon, devourer, enhanced senses
warrior#2: barbed strangler, scything talons, enhanced senses, adrenal gland (+1ws)
warrior#3: deathspitter,lashwhip, enhanced senses, adrenal gland (+1ws)

gotta go more later.

Hello boys, I'm baaack!
setup:
For my setup I sent a gaunt brood along the lower edge of the map with warrior brood#1, my rippers went up the middle with the carnifex, and warrior brood#2 circled around with another gaunt brood. I kept my raveners in reserve, along with the scuttler gaunts.
turn 1:
mostly moved. All of the critters moved forward 12" completely oblivious of the objective. One of the warriors died of "missile massage" I think.

Some men and women are born great, some achieve greatness and some slit the throats of any scalawag who stands between them and unlimited power. You never met a man - or woman - you couldn't eviscerate. You are the definitive Man of Action, the CEO of the Seven Seas, Lee Iacocca in a blousy shirt and drawstring-fly pants. You're mission-oriented, and if anyone gets in the way, that's his problem, now isn't? Your buckle was swashed long ago and you have never been so sure of anything as your ability to bend everyone to your will. You will call anyone out and cut off his head if he shows any sign of taking you on or backing down. If one of your lieutenants shows an overly developed sense of ambition he may find more suitable accommodations in Davy Jones' locker. That is, of course, IF you notice him. You tend to be self absorbed - a weakness that may keep you from seeing enemies where they are and imagining them where they are not.

The quickest way to someone's heart is through their stomach. That way you don't have to deal with the ribcage.

WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION MAGGOT?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadoxRifts
Fancy a little Khorne on the kob? ;D
NecronMasterLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2008, 17:37   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: [batrep] Cleanup!: 750 Spearhead/Seize Ground, Vior'la 182 Assault vs. Hive Flee

Turn 2

This was an interesting turn, and characteristic of my horrid luck that game. The dice gods truly hated me for the first several turns. Anyway, I held my FWs in position, except for the team at the top objective, which voluntarily retreated to avoid the deepstriking Ravenor. They took 50% casualties that turn to a lucky shot from the deathspitter, but passed their morale test and killed it with rapid firing rifles. My drones and suits both deepstriked, scattering badly. I rerolled the suits to avoid a destroyed mishap, and managed to land on his board edge.
"Brothers in battle and blood, In oath and honor, In life and death, In faith and in truth. Brothers in the sight of the Emperor. So be it ever, as He-on-Terra wills. Amen." - Prayer of Initiation, Knights Revenant attr. Captain Lucius Faust, 597.M41

"'Death before dishonor.' This is our creed, our way of life and death. Bolstered by the faith of the immortal God-Emperor, we may go into battle without fear for self. We know that whatever sacrifice is made in the name of He-on-Terra is not made in vain. Our honor rests in our service to Him, and we could ask no greater reward than to rest at His side, having given our utmost in His name." -Captain Anborn Tohr, after the Siege of Hydrax III

Old 06 Nov 2008, 18:50   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Turn2

The warrior/ gaunts, and 'Fex/ rippers continued to move forward. I brought in one ravener and rolled a 'hit' on the scatter die. also brought in the scuttler gaunts at the far right. They promptly failed morale and began to fall back.
Like Inquisitor Donnachie(viorlashasui) said the dice gods hated him, but they loved me: I rolled almost all 'hits' on the scatter die.

Some men and women are born great, some achieve greatness and some slit the throats of any scalawag who stands between them and unlimited power. You never met a man - or woman - you couldn't eviscerate. You are the definitive Man of Action, the CEO of the Seven Seas, Lee Iacocca in a blousy shirt and drawstring-fly pants. You're mission-oriented, and if anyone gets in the way, that's his problem, now isn't? Your buckle was swashed long ago and you have never been so sure of anything as your ability to bend everyone to your will. You will call anyone out and cut off his head if he shows any sign of taking you on or backing down. If one of your lieutenants shows an overly developed sense of ambition he may find more suitable accommodations in Davy Jones' locker. That is, of course, IF you notice him. You tend to be self absorbed - a weakness that may keep you from seeing enemies where they are and imagining them where they are not.

The quickest way to someone's heart is through their stomach. That way you don't have to deal with the ribcage.

WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION MAGGOT?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadoxRifts
Fancy a little Khorne on the kob? ;D
NecronMasterLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2008, 21:23   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Turn 3

Pretty much like turn 2. I managed to wound the 'Fex and kill some gaunts, but that's about it. Oh, and I killed his second Ravenor. Lost a drone and 2 Shas'la; morale was the only way I had any real luck at this stage, so I passed the leadership test.