Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Shas'O R'Myr: A not so special Special Character (But a good buy!)
Old 03 Nov 2008, 05:54   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Jedibean
Default Shas'O R'Myr: A not so special Special Character (But a good buy!)

So I just bought a Forge World Shas'O R'myr. Frankly he's quite arguably the coolest looking Crisis suit out there. I really love everything about the model. Moreover, the rules for him are actually quite good and not particularly unbalanced in anyway.

His stats aren't anything too crazy, especially considering the points cost. He's 160 points and when you think about it he's just a kitted out Shas'O. If you do the math with a little bit of guesstimation you can see where they came up with the points total. He's got 1 or 2 upgrades that aren't unfamiliar to 40k players. Such as the Flachette Discharger and his special shield gen that works like a storm shield when he's in assault.

It's a pretty nice configuration actually. I'm going to try to build a few armies around him and see if my opponents will allow me to use him. I dont see too many people arguing with this choice. He's a nice step down from farsight in points and doesn't give you the limitations that his list has.

If anyone else out there has tried him, what experiences have you had?
Jedibean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Nov 2008, 12:09   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Shas'O R'Myr: A not so special Special Character (But a good buy!)

Like you, I find him one of the most beautiful model of Exo rmour.
I didn't field him for the moment, because he's not painted already. But the rules, as you say, are cool, and I'm eager to play with, in order to have a definitive advice to give about him.
From my point of view, he seems one of the most interresting Shas'O to play.
Time and combat wil say.
Have fun . (because the only thing not so good about him, is the "resine" stuff, in which is made.) I don't like "resine" at all. Plastic and metal are very much better. This stuff, is for me, to hard, and fragile to work with.

"Losses are acceptables, Failure is not" (R.Guilliman)
sarddok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Nov 2008, 18:31   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

I actually have the model as well, but I`ve never used the rules from Imperial Armor. In 4th Ed, he was a Ninja`O, but with the recent nerfing of the "Fall Back!"-rule, he will see less game- and much more shelf-time.

A shame, it is...

Cheers,
-Bone
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2008, 03:25   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to TipTop1987 Send a message via Yahoo to TipTop1987

Forge World came out with an update to his rules a while back (Though I can't find the link) and he got a little better. First off, his Hard-wired Target lock works for every one in his squad, not just him. There's also his new rule that makes him and his bodyguard Fearless when fighting any forces of the Imperium (Though that can also be a down-side if he gets into Close Combat). And some may complain that his Flechette discharger now only works once, but that's all it ever did as per FAQ: Imperial Armour Volume Three. That's still a huge advantage, with his Shield generator, in close combat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Qualls when she saw the back packs for the Space Marine models for the first time
"There are little skulls on the back of them. That is so cute!"
(\_/) This is bunny.
(0.o) please copy and paste this into your sig and
'(__)' help him achieve world domination.
TipTop1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2008, 04:06   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

here is the link

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/pdf/rmyr2.pdf

i have used him a couple of times and like him so i converted a battlesuit to use his rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFTACP
You're playing the wrong game if you're concerned with things looking look like toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Aun Leketh)
I have a response to that... it involves a dreadsock... :P
steck_638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2008, 04:21   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
First off, his Hard-wired Target lock works for every one in his squad, not just him.
Yeah, y'know I was wondering what you were talking about and actually I dont think it works for his bodyguards as well as himself. I think it's just poorly phrased.

If anyone has a target lock then he and the rest of his unit can fire at different targets. You see what I mean? If you've got a unit of 2 guys and only 1 has a target lock then effectively both models can target different units. So it's not actually any different. I think that where it really becomes apparent that it doesn't work any differently than any other target lock is that they refer you back to the Codex: Tau Empire.

I understand where the confusion came from though. It's funny though, I never buy target locks for an entire unit of crisis suits. In a unit of 3 I always leave one without because all 3 of them dont need to have them. The one without it can shoot a unit and the other 2 can shoot whatever they want.

Another neat thing about this is that you can then assault any of those 3 units if you have to.
Old 04 Nov 2008, 08:18   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

About Rmyr, his bodyguard, if you so choose to take the special issue suits as guards, I would most likely go with the 81 and 84, which means 2/3 of the team has built in TLs. Nifty.

Hail to the God-Emperor, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khathecleric
My love runs her Sisters with melta, so it does get rather hot for my suits when she's around. :P
I just gotta comment that I LOVE all the inuendo in this statement right here... hehe
Quote:
Originally Posted by GyrfalconXV25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdog
Quote:
Originally Posted by GyrfalconXV25
Is that penetration only for vehicles?
What else would you like to penetrate?
Sisters of battle for starters.....
Khathecleric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Nov 2008, 01:30   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to TipTop1987 Send a message via Yahoo to TipTop1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Quote:
First off, his Hard-wired Target lock works for every one in his squad, not just him.
Yeah, y'know I was wondering what you were talking about and actually I dont think it works for his bodyguards as well as himself. I think it's just poorly phrased.

If anyone has a target lock then he and the rest of his unit can fire at different targets. You see what I mean? If you've got a unit of 2 guys and only 1 has a target lock then effectively both models can target different units. So it's not actually any different. I think that where it really becomes apparent that it doesn't work any differently than any other target lock is that they refer you back to the Codex: Tau Empire.

I understand where the confusion came from though. It's funny though, I never buy target locks for an entire unit of crisis suits. In a unit of 3 I always leave one without because all 3 of them dont need to have them. The one without it can shoot a unit and the other 2 can shoot whatever they want.

Another neat thing about this is that you can then assault any of those 3 units if you have to.
I agree with your stand point on buying Target locks: Not every one in the squad needs them. However...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forge World's Experimental Rules
Hardwired Target Lock: This enables R'myr and his bodyguard to target different units.
So yes, they all can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Qualls when she saw the back packs for the Space Marine models for the first time
"There are little skulls on the back of them. That is so cute!"
(\_/) This is bunny.
(0.o) please copy and paste this into your sig and
'(__)' help him achieve world domination.
TipTop1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Nov 2008, 06:14   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Well yeah, R'Myr and his bodyguard can target different units. So he can shoot one thing and his bodyguards can shoot another. However, his bodyguards must shoot at the same thing as each other because they dont have target locks. Unless you give them target locks. His target lock only works for himself. It's just a poorly phrased entry.