Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Well, i played saturday at the game shop..
Closed Thread
Old 15 May 2005, 16:05   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Well, i played saturday at the game shop..

Was there for quite a while and played 3 games...all ties > < lol
i played against eldar, who hid behind trees with tanks so he wouldnt get blowed up, i played against some grey knights who dispicably deep striked 80% of his army that all came in 2nd turn, and against a really scary blood angel army that had all but 6 models as assault with jetpacks that was basically in H2H second turn no matter what. I learned alot. i dont think i like my drones squad or the stealths very much, at least vs those armies, and pathfinders can be incredible or an incredible waste of points. anyways just wanted to let you guys know how the imperial tau were doin
Old 15 May 2005, 16:10   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Well, i played saturday at the game shop..

at least u didnt lose all tie not bad how many pts what list did u use what list did your enemy have ?

Death Guard win 13 tie 0 lost 2

dark eldar wins 5 tie 0 lost 1
Old 15 May 2005, 16:35   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to freaky_beef

oooo, grey knights are tough!

Yeah dude, tell us more about what happened. Mabey we can help you turn those ties into wins!
Old 15 May 2005, 16:41   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

they were all 1500 point games, i took sh'o with plas/miss/multi, 6 stealth, 2 crisis with plas/miss/multi, 12 fw with marker for leader, 11 kroot and a shaper, 8 drone squad, 8 pathfinder with 4 rr in a fish, 2 hh and a broadside with sheild gen.

eldar played 2 falcs 3 walkers and a wl, 6 spiders, 9 striking with farseer ( found out later farseer cant infiltrate which prolly would have had me winning since it was cleanse quarters and the run wasnt gonna look good for em, and a squad i never saw that was in a tank.

greyknights played 2 full team of decked out storm troopers w rinos, inquisitor, big greynkight hero, 3 full squads of greyknights with max psycannons

blood angels had 5 assault squads, 2 5 man tac (4 of one turned to deathcomp) one of the assaults was some evil guy who made 2d6 consolidation, and one 12 man death company. we were playing the scenario where you must have scoring units in others deployment zone, i was able to take enough from every squad and coast one of the 2 tanks that were left at the end of the game for a tie, all i had were 2 tanks, he had multiple squads all but one below scoring.
Old 15 May 2005, 18:42   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

He infultrated his Farseer >

That pretty blatent cheating if I say so myself.
Old 15 May 2005, 19:03   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

The blood angels army is also of dubious legality. 5 assault squads? The maximum they could take are 3 unless he was using the SM codex traits in which case he wasn't playing BA and can't have a death company. Also the 2 min-maxed troop choices is the epitomy of a power gamer. :

The general who wins a battle makes many calculations before the battle is fought. - Sun Tzu

I want to die in my sleep like my grandpa, not screaming in terror like the rest of the people riding in his car.
Old 15 May 2005, 20:23   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Don't take shaper or gun drones, rail rifles, or markerlights for a firewarrior team . Those are all big nono's. Defenitely keep the stealths and HH's, and try out shas'el, they are generally better in 1500 than going for a shas'o.
Old 15 May 2005, 20:39   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Don't take shaper or gun drones
Pretty good way of spending 96 points IMO.
Old 15 May 2005, 20:46   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Are you being serious?
Old 15 May 2005, 20:53   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to freaky_beef

alright KUMA. Weve got some work to do.

The hammerheads are very nice and you should keep them. A good config is the Railgun with SMS, MT, TL, DL

As for your kroot, the shaper generally isnt worth it. For that price, you can get 3 more kroot. And on the same note as kroot, use MUCH more than 11 in a squad. You need 16 or so.

Firewarriors, well, the sushi (shas'ui nickname) is good to have, but the markerlight probably isnt worth it.

Gun drones, they can definatly prove to be annoying and will generally do good for you.

As for pathfinders, Im not sure if I like them, but they do come in handy to fire weapons at 2+. Personally, I would put those points somewhere else (Perhaps load up the firewarriors in a DF.

Steath, KEEP EM. Best Tau unit IMO. Totaly worth it. Lots of shots, hard to kill. These guys are tough.

As fore the fireknife crisis, probably a good choice for configs. But seperate the 2 crisis so thier not in a squad. This way they have the IC rule which is very nice.

As for your Shas'o, hes good, but as pointed out already, the 'el is cheaper and is almost as good. El Would probably be a better choice!
Closed Thread