Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

what happen to gun drones when a DF take a penetration
Closed Thread
Old 15 May 2005, 15:00   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default what happen to gun drones when a DF take a penetration

i just want to make sure i know this right it a weapon untill the DF is blown up then it like a passenger

Death Guard win 13 tie 0 lost 2

dark eldar wins 5 tie 0 lost 1
Old 15 May 2005, 15:03   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: what happen to gun drones when a DF take a penetration

are the HH sms drones or just weapon ?

Old 15 May 2005, 15:11   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to freaky_beef

Yes, the gun drones are weapoicle is destroyed. After that happens, you also roll to wound for the gun drones. Keep in mind that they can de-attach during movement.

As for the HH gun drones like burst cannons and SMS. No, the are guns and die with the tank!
Old 15 May 2005, 15:27   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

when i add gun drones to my HH do u ave to have them mounted on them can i have tem just reall close turn one im going to detach them any way

Old 15 May 2005, 15:29   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

I think what Frank is asking is, how are Gun Drones treated should the Devilfish take a penetrating hit, because passengers of vehicles -must- disembark if the transport takes a single penetrating hit. Gun Drones are treated as passengers should the vehicle take damage, which is in this case going to be applicable generally, unless there is a new FAQ updated on it as it does raise interesting concerns and really hurts the Devilfish. I would hesitate to say that Gun Drones must disembark from the Devilfish if it is penetrated, but at the same time, it's entirely possible by the wording of rules. However, the good news is, since Devilfish are only penetrated when it sits still or isn't obscured by terrain or other vehicles, you probably shouldn't be running into that problem until a fix is found, or at least official word.
Old 15 May 2005, 15:38   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalVeauX
I think what Frank is asking is, how are Gun Drones treated should the Devilfish take a penetrating hit, because passengers of vehicles -must- disembark if the transport takes a single penetrating hit. Gun Drones are treated as passengers should the vehicle take damage, which is in this case going to be applicable generally, unless there is a new FAQ updated on it as it does raise interesting concerns and really hurts the Devilfish. I would hesitate to say that Gun Drones must disembark from the Devilfish if it is penetrated, but at the same time, it's entirely possible by the wording of rules. However, the good news is, since Devilfish are only penetrated when it sits still or isn't obscured by terrain or other vehicles, you probably shouldn't be running into that problem until a fix is found, or at least official word.
that right i forgot about that

Old 15 May 2005, 15:46   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

what about when i add gun drones to my HH do u ave to have them mounted on them can i have tem just reall close turn one im going to detach them any way

Old 15 May 2005, 15:53   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Frank:

Ruleswise, they need to be "attached" somewhere. As it is a modeled upgrade. It would be a good idea to put them just like in a devilfish situation, and simply mount the weapon system there elseware, without the spinners. Or you could attach the drones on top of the weapons. It may look odd, but would work for modeling (just set them on top of the burstcannons or smart missile systems, whichever you have). Then they're "attached" and you can detach them first turn if you wish.
Old 15 May 2005, 16:04   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalVeauX
Frank:

Ruleswise, they need to be "attached" somewhere. As it is a modeled upgrade. It would be a good idea to put them just like in a devilfish situation, and simply mount the weapon system there elseware, without the spinners. Or you could attach the drones on top of the weapons. It may look odd, but would work for modeling (just set them on top of the burstcannons or smart missile systems, whichever you have). Then they're "attached" and you can detach them first turn if you wish.
so when u play in a GW tournament and i use a DF with DL TA and MT i have to glue on the peaces to my DF to show that im useing that upgrade that kind of sucks? or are they cool about that and under stand

Old 15 May 2005, 16:35   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Frank:

That's the thing, not all of the upgrades actually have bits to represent them. Forge World specifically makes these extra parts, which means you're not required to have them. We have sensor spines and multi-trackers, but target locks, decoy launchers, flachettes, black sun filters, etc, there are no bits for those unless you just consider all the upgrades are housed on the single "sensor spine" bit that you can glue on.